Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2012, 11:33   #1666
BHPian

Re: Shell fuel price discussion thread !!

Shell in Hyderabad now reduced to 75.25 for regular petrol, and Essar is priced at 74.90 per litre. Not sure about PSU prices since its been long since I filled up from a PSU pump.
Old 14th July 2012, 12:15   #1667
Senior - BHPian

Shell at Bommanahalli Jn looked like getting ready for reopening when I saw it a week back. Any update?
Old 15th July 2012, 14:36   #1668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Shell at Bommanahalli Jn looked like getting ready for reopening when I saw it a week back. Any update?
It is now open, with 50% of the earlier space. Now they have dangling fuel filler pipes from roof ! Looks very strange.
Old 15th July 2012, 16:01   #1669
BHPian

I have never used these fuels, how good are they and are they much cleaner than the usual pump fuel.
Old 15th July 2012, 16:19   #1670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshchand
I have never used these fuels, how good are they and are they much cleaner than the usual pump fuel.
To my knowledge Shell buys from Mangalore refineries. But they will be cleaner because there will be no mix of other solvents and hence high quality. The quantity dispensed is always accurate and better than PSU.
Bur Diesel costs too high as Government has levied full tax for diesel sold at Shell.
Old 16th July 2012, 07:06   #1671
BHPian

Tanked up today for 1000 rupees and got their lucky draw coupon of sorts for a year of free fuel. They asked me to sms the number on the coupon. Got a reply that my entry has been registered but it didn't mention how or where I can redeem the coupon. Any of you guys tried redeeming it,?
Old 16th July 2012, 09:41   #1672
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikhyath View Post
Tanked up today for 1000 rupees and got their lucky draw coupon of sorts for a year of free fuel. They asked me to sms the number on the coupon. Got a reply that my entry has been registered but it didn't mention how or where I can redeem the coupon. Any of you guys tried redeeming it,?
I have smsed twice and registered for 2 separate fills. They have also put up a notice board sort of thing with the winner details for the daily prize and the weekly prize winners. With the petrol cost, how I wish i win the weekly fuel or even the fuel for the year ;-)
Old 16th July 2012, 11:37   #1673
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilguy View Post
Shell in Hyderabad now reduced to 75.25 for regular petrol, and Essar is priced at 74.90 per litre. Not sure about PSU prices since its been long since I filled up from a PSU pump.
PSU prices are 74.89 per litre. Yesterday I filled it at IBP Srinagar Colony Road (near Satya Sai Nigam). Looks like it's worth going for Shell fuel now.
ottocycle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2012, 14:53   #1674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikhyath View Post
Dude you need to be lucky to win it. only then you can redeem it.
Considering the fact that we are driving petrol vehicles, luck can never be with us
Old 16th July 2012, 16:24   #1675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
Looks like it's worth going for Shell fuel now.
Me too tanked up at Shell on Raj bhavan road @ Rs 75.25/ltr after a long long time and it was a really good feeling being treated well at the bunk. They have put up big banners at the entrance advertising their unleaded petrol prices. Same is the case at the Shell near Genpact too.

I fill up within 2-3 kms of getting the reserve indicator and the auto cut-off comes at roughly 3000/- for PSU petrol. For Shell, the cut-off came at 2870/- itself. I was shocked at the difference. Need to recheck at Shell during the next tank-up.

My car feels much better to drive after tanking up with Shell.
Old 16th July 2012, 16:48   #1676
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
I fill up within 2-3 kms of getting the reserve indicator and the auto cut-off comes at roughly 3000/- for PSU petrol. For Shell, the cut-off came at 2870/- itself. I was shocked at the difference. Need to recheck at Shell during the next tank-up.

My car feels much better to drive after tanking up with Shell.
I have experienced this a lot of times. Whenever I am out of Bangalore and have to tank up ( or if I am in Bangalore but not near a Shell pump ), I have noticed that the car takes up much more fuel than it takes at Shell. The difference comes to upto 5-7 litres some times. So even if Shell costs more, I still prefer to top up at Shell rather than anywhere else. That's why I swear by Shell ( like they say in their ads ).
Old 16th July 2012, 23:06   #1677
BHPian

I have done a tank full today at Shell, Pallikkaranai, Chennai. Petrol normal unleaded - Rs. 72.35 per ltr. There is an advertisement at exit of this Shell showing other's petrol cost is now equal to Shell's petrol cost (72.35 = 72.35).
Old 18th July 2012, 10:00   #1678
Senior - BHPian

Yaaay Good News for all of us who are "Holding onto our Petrol Steads" !!

Just filled up at "Shell (Mahadevapura)" this morning and they have reduced the price further.

SHELL NORMAL - INR 75.40 (I don't remember the last 2 digits correctly) !!

Last edited by Vik0728 : 18th July 2012 at 10:02.
Vik0728 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th July 2012, 20:01   #1679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane

To my knowledge Shell buys from Mangalore refineries. But they will be cleaner because there will be no mix of other solvents and hence high quality. The quantity dispensed is always accurate and better than PSU.
Bur Diesel costs too high as Government has levied full tax for diesel sold at Shell.
What is the diesel price and where can we find these pumps in Delhi NCR ?
Old 18th July 2012, 20:15   #1680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshchand

What is the diesel price and where can we find these pumps in Delhi NCR ?
Buying Shell diesel may not work out for us as they do not get Government subsidy for diesel(the govt levies less tax on diesel for BP,IOC,HP etc)
Hence Shell diesel price is around Rs.60-61 and this price is not that worth for quality and quantity we get.
I donot think Shell is available in Delhi NCR.

Last edited by HighOctane : 18th July 2012 at 20:18.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks