Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2010, 16:30   #916
BHPian

If only the consumer laws in India can become stronger. I do not hope that Skoda will EVER do something about these things - they are officiallly brain-dead. As for Nummer Eins - some people just do't have any conscience.
The only hope are the laws. But then if the courts can't even properly prosecute those responsible for 5000 deaths then what will they do for cheated customers.
Old 9th June 2010, 16:42   #917
BANNED

@Cesc: even stronger laws will not help unless the judicial process itself becomes faster.
Old 9th June 2010, 16:46   #918
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Vijan outrightly dismissed all allegations. “We have our own spare cars. Why would we use Bootwala’s car? Besides, we had sent her car to Taloja and Chembur yards for repairs, hence it shows to have run around 200 km more. But 8,000 km? She’s talking rubbish,” he said.
Maybe he has a point there.

We all know that car dealers can disconnect the odometer, so that they can use customer cars for demos before delivering them. If they were going to misuse this vehicle in this way, why would they not cover themselves by doing just that?
Old 9th June 2010, 16:55   #919
BHPian

The story of Skoda will continue like this because there will be no action taken against them as our government does not want to loose on FDI.
Old 9th June 2010, 17:52   #920
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bootwala claims she was told the repairs would cost her Rs 40,000. She said, “My son Hussain and I visited the service station frequently, only to be told the car would be ready soon. The service station people kept buying time, they kept giving us excuses.

Then, Hussain was ill and we all got busy with an emergency in the family.” She further said by the time she followed up on her car with the service station minders, an amount of Rs 54,000 was demanded. She also claims she was never shown her car all these months
I haven't heard anyone having family emergency throughout the year to forget completely about the car. Also, does any car service station charge parking fee & that too 75K? (75K/365 = 205 per day; 205/24 = 8.5 Rs per hour & I hope 1.50 to be the discount)
Old 9th June 2010, 22:54   #921
BANNED

@harishv: Court update please!
Old 10th June 2010, 08:44   #922
BHPian

not a very convincing case

Forget a car for one year because of family problem. Not a very convincing argument. Doesnt appear to be genuine. too much skoda bashing without verifying facts. I have had a Laura for 2 years, the service has been as good as any other . I have or have owned a Maruti, GM and Toyota. I think the problem comes up when spares are to be used, dealers dont keep enough spares and they are costly.
Old 10th June 2010, 09:07   #923
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Oh my god.

What are these dealers up to.?
Ex-dealer - please note

I am relieved to note that Vinayak Skoda log the mileage of every car coming in and out
Old 10th June 2010, 10:18   #924
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

the Bootwala case is not convincing from either side:

Reasons - Time taken to escallate.
The reasons given by the Bootwala family for not collecting the car. They should be having a written document with the kms written down.
The Ex-Dealer obviously is not longer one for non performance and seems shady, but the reasons given for not collecting the car earlier also are not convicing. A rough - possibly verbal - estimate of 40K can go up to about 50K and the family should have collected the car earlier.
The Dealer on the other hand seems to also not be on the up and up.
A total mess. - An unanswered question is if the dealer was already an ex-dealer when the car was given over to them for the work.
Old 10th June 2010, 13:59   #925
BHPian

Bootwala article in the paper had instantly drawn my attention and I too read the complete article. I wouldn't believe that someone would leave the car just like that for Rs. 50K. The parking charges of 75K is also unreasonable but now that they are no more dealers perhaps Skoda could do little in this case.
However, the story adds in the list of horror stories around skoda after sales experiences.
Old 10th June 2010, 15:29   #926
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post

I am relieved to note that Vinayak Skoda log the mileage of every car coming in and out
All Hyundai, Honda dealers I have taken my cars to have always does that. In fact, they do that even for a short trial taken by their personnel...

What's so special about it?

Of course, if the owner is as careless as in this latest case, anybody would take him/her for a ride
Old 10th June 2010, 16:19   #927
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Ex-dealer - please note

Thanks, Point noted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
the Bootwala case is not convincing from either side:

Reasons - Time taken to escallate.
The reasons given by the Bootwala family for not collecting the car. They should be having a written document with the kms written down.
The Ex-Dealer obviously is not longer one for non performance and seems shady, but the reasons given for not collecting the car earlier also are not convicing. A rough - possibly verbal - estimate of 40K can go up to about 50K and the family should have collected the car earlier.
The Dealer on the other hand seems to also not be on the up and up.
A total mess. - An unanswered question is if the dealer was already an ex-dealer when the car was given over to them for the work.
Agreed that the owner was quite careless.Why didnt they escalate the matter to the higher authorities before.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
All Hyundai, Honda dealers I have taken my cars to have always does that. In fact, they do that even for a short trial taken by their personnel...

What's so special about it?

Of course, if the owner is as careless as in this latest case, anybody would take him/her for a ride
Probably the owner was away from Mumbai quite often for prolonged period of time, hence was quite casual in following up.But this cannot be taken as an excuse for this unruly behaviour from the ex-dealer.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 10th June 2010 at 16:20. Reason: Comments
Old 14th June 2010, 20:50   #928
Senior - BHPian

can any owner of Skoda please mention or upload markings on original Compressor and condenser unit of Laura. Any markings/code that specifies the manufacture date etc.

I am in the process of uncovering something (about a skoda dealer) in the process.

PS: How much does this two cost anyway?
Old 14th June 2010, 21:10   #929
Team-BHP Support

Met a chap with a Laura

Took delivery - 24 hours - car just stops

Repaired and same thing happens twice.

Car sits with dealer TAFE for two months, letters and phone calls to Skoda including MD ignored.

someone known in TAFe helps resolve. New ECU fitted and warranty extended. He wanted a new car -Ford exchanged his friends Endeavour and so did Hyundai for some faulty car so why can't they. All he could get was an extended warranty.

Good job they gave him this and the car needed a new a/c compressor. Car is approx. 2 years old
Old 15th June 2010, 06:34   #930
Distinguished - BHPian

@ajmat: More facts please. This is scary.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks