Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2010, 22:01   #151
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
Well, toyota is confident despite the looks they can pull it off with the Etios, they did it with the Qualis.
`
The Qualis had it relatively easy. Its only two competitors were outdated, unreliable and crude. The Etios, however, has some pretty formidable competition in the entry-level sedan segment. I'm not saying the Etios won't sell. On the contrary, a diesel 7 lakh rupee Toyota will fly off shelves. However, Toyota is severely limiting the potential of this car. Also, it runs the danger of denting the brand with such a lacklustre looking package. The Etios, as it is today, simply doesn't fit in with Toyota's image. The Altis may be boring, but its certainly not outdated.
Old 19th July 2010, 22:23   #152
Senior - BHPian

The target market for the ethios clearly is the dzire. And I am eagerly waiting to see how the market dynamics will shape up.
Old 20th July 2010, 12:10   #153
Senior - BHPian

I guess in India if the Dzire and the Manza sell, Etios will surely sell. A Toyota for that kind of money is a dream for many Indians. However I agree that the design is a bit off.
Old 21st July 2010, 09:51   #154
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
The target market for the ethios clearly is the dzire. And I am eagerly waiting to see how the market dynamics will shape up.
True. Just like the Swift is the benchmark for every new B segment hatch, the Dzire is the target for all upcoming C segment sedans. Question is, can Toyota match Maruti's costing? For one, the Dzire is built cheap. Second, it shares a platform with a successful 12,000-cars-a-month hatchback.
Old 21st July 2010, 10:18   #155
BHPian

I am planning to take Honda jazz this month. They are giving 55k as anniversary offer. Is it worth to wait for Etios? Earlier I was sticked to Maruti SX4, but brand value of toyota and honda attract me
Check this article in ET seen today.
India's largest carmaker Maruti fights falling market share-Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
Old 21st July 2010, 10:40   #156
BHPian

I somewhat feel Etios can cost some 6.5 lakh and above. with Toyota quality, it may not go below this price. Otherwise,a standard Toyota at 5 lakh? Hmmm i don't think so!
(Unless they strip off a lot of features and do an i20 Era, they cannot go in the 5 lakh bracket)
Old 21st July 2010, 11:20   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPai View Post
I somewhat feel Etios can cost some 6.5 lakh and above. with Toyota quality, it may not go below this price. Otherwise,a standard Toyota at 5 lakh? Hmmm i don't think so!
(Unless they strip off a lot of features and do an i20 Era, they cannot go in the 5 lakh bracket)
Look at the thread that talked about the Etios at the auto expo. What Toyota quality? The car I love to hate-the Dzire has better _quality_ interiors. Anyone with any sense would go for a Fiesta/Vento/ANHC or Manza/Dzire over a Logan lookalike. Hopefully they up the quality for the production version (very less likely to happen). The diesel Altis may succeed. This one would , because of mass hysteria, sell some. But the kind of reputation Maruti has built is hard to break, even for Toyota .So the product has to be good or better than the competition at least in 60-70% of the things that matter to an Indian customer. The ANHC is overpriced, but it is a brilliant package that is head-and-shoulders over the competition. Toyota is very capable of delivering such a package, but they choose not to.Thanks to the average Indian who does not look beyond a badge.Welcome to India, Toyota.And you want to pay 6.5 lakhs plus. Sure, you got money to spend, we got products worth half that which we will gladly sell to you. Sir, may I suggest the Etios?

All this said, I would look at,or consider the Etios provided it tries to be different at least with the engine options.What was shown to me so far does not look good, because I don't look at a badge to buy a car.
Old 21st July 2010, 12:11   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonian View Post
I am planning to take Honda jazz this month. They are giving 55k as anniversary offer. Is it worth to wait for Etios? Earlier I was sticked to Maruti SX4, but brand value of toyota and honda attract me
Check this article in ET seen today.
India's largest carmaker Maruti fights falling market share-Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
fiesta has come up with the limited editions for diesels. You might want to check it before thinking about jazz
Old 13th September 2010, 12:07   #159
Team-BHP Support

Are Etios's promotion advertisement doing the rounds in tabloids in North/West or South?
It is certainly doing in East, got The Telegraph and there was almost half a page advert for it.

Called up the toll-free no and as per them, it will be out in December-2010 and shall be both a hatch-back and a sedan.
Pricing for the hatch-back quoted is 7-8L, a lakh extra for a boot.
Though he didn't reveal much about the engine and if it will be a diesel or a petrol.
Any one got any more info?
Old 13th September 2010, 14:58   #160
BHPian

I got a small present from Toyota along with a letter from GM-Marketing thanking for registering on the Etios site.

It is a compact 6-in-1 tool set with a Toyota Etios badging on it, it is cheap no doubt but still a nice gesture to keep the interest going in the car.
Old 13th September 2010, 17:31   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
I got a small present from Toyota along with a letter from GM-Marketing thanking for registering on the Etios site.

It is a compact 6-in-1 tool set with a Toyota Etios badging on it, it is cheap no doubt but still a nice gesture to keep the interest going in the car.
I too got the same thing for registering on the Etios site. It consists of a blade, torch, 5 screw drivers, 1m tape etc...
Old 13th September 2010, 18:49   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX007 View Post
I too got the same thing for registering on the Etios site. It consists of a blade, torch, 5 screw drivers, 1m tape etc...
Yes, I got the same one, much appreciated ,since they took the effort to put it in a small box with Toyota Etios markings on, then a bubble wrapper and then a cardboard box and couriered it to me !!

Plus the letter with Toyota letterhead signed by a GM Marketing.I am already feeling at home, lets wait for the product (hope its launched with diesel option from day 1)
Old 14th October 2010, 10:25   #163
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday heard from one of the dealers that sedan version of the Etios will be launched by this year end, was quite disappoint to hear that the hatch version will be launched only by Feb/March 2011.

Wondering why is Toyota is delaying the hatch launch !
Old 14th October 2010, 10:31   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Yesterday heard from one of the dealers that sedan version of the Etios will be launched by this year end, was quite disappoint to hear that the hatch version will be launched only by Feb/March 2011.

Wondering why is Toyota is delaying the hatch launch !
I guess they can:
1. Create a more premium feel for the product by launching the saloon first and then the hatch (instead of hatch first and then the saloon).
2. More margins on the saloon?
3. Ramping up production gradually. The hatch should account for much higher numbers than the saloon.
4. The new Swift should be out around March next year. I guess they want the Etios to come out around that time, and if priced at the range as the current Swift, it would undercut the new one.
Old 14th October 2010, 10:51   #165
Senior - BHPian

By releasing the Etios with the same diesel engine as the much more expensive Altis, I am not sure if Altis customers will look at Toyota with the same amount of trust as now. They will surely feel cheated.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks