Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2011, 18:26   #496
BHPian

Re: Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15

Like what they've done to the backside. Not a big-bum anymore.

OT: Assuming that this car will take time to release and obviously the waiting period will be insane, I might be able to afford this car after 4-5 months as I'm waiting for my appraisal and then might get a new job, so installments will be taken care off. So...

1. Is it advisable to book this car and wait it out? (I can't afford it now, but maybe after 4-5 months I can.)
2. What are the cancellation charges in Bangalore?
3. How soon do they return the booking amount?
4. Anyone faced any issues while receiving their booking amount?
Old 26th April 2011, 19:50   #497
Senior - BHPian

Re: Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Like what they've done to the backside. Not a big-bum anymore.

OT: Assuming that this car will take time to release and obviously the waiting period will be insane, I might be able to afford this car after 4-5 months as I'm waiting for my appraisal and then might get a new job, so installments will be taken care off. So...

1. Is it advisable to book this car and wait it out? (I can't afford it now, but maybe after 4-5 months I can.)
2. What are the cancellation charges in Bangalore?
3. How soon do they return the booking amount?
4. Anyone faced any issues while receiving their booking amount?
To answer your questions,
1) God knows when Maruti will complete all their work and announce a launch date for new Dzire. People are waiting for Gen2 swift for more than a year now and still no one has any solid clue when it will get launched. If you can wait and don't need a car urgently, wait for it, but remember even after the launch you have to wait for few months to get the delivery.
2) For maruti, the cancellation charges are Rs. 1000/- usually in all dealers in bangalore.
3) I heard, it takes a week or 10 days. (Suggestion here is not to book with heavy amount)
4) Not sure. I am going to cancel my new Swift booking. Will experience only then

As a side note, there is a limit for everyone's patience and i think maruti should not be taking advantage of it. But, its again upto the customers like us to wait (indefinitely with no known timeline) & take it or leave it and go for cars which are delivered at reasonable time. Choice is individual's....

-Ravi
Old 26th April 2011, 21:07   #498
Senior - BHPian

Re: Next gen Swift Dzire is <4 meter length

Me too think that there is something fishy about this picture. But anyways, if this is the actual New Dzire, then it would be one of an all-time remarkable turnaround in a model's design. It looks so much more well proportioned, the boot (if it can be called so) seems to be superbly integrated and it will give the Indigo CS a run for its money.

Once launched, all of a sudden, the new Dzire would seem to be the better-looking model and an overall better buy than the new Swift.
Old 26th April 2011, 21:17   #499
BHPian

For a swift with a slightly larger boot, the handling shouldn't be affected by much, performance and efficiency too. If month after month, 10k new customers find the current Dezire an attractive buy, I don't think many would complain with the better looking upcoming model. Did I see full beige interiors in the Dezire now?
Old 26th April 2011, 21:20   #500
Senior - BHPian

ACI reports that a full size DZire is also expected, but not before 2014.
Old 26th April 2011, 21:23   #501
Senior - BHPian

This pic is from the Maruti's test track near sector 18 Gurgaon.
I know which IT company provides that fantastic view from the cafeteria of Maruti's test track.
DCEite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2011, 21:29   #502
BHPian

Few of my friends have the Dzire, the first point they stress on is how big the boot space is! guess, the selling point for Dzire has been the swift engine with the bigger boot. But i still believe if they do come out with the smaller boot, it should be a HIT!
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Wait to see Etios D launching - you will know why Maruti is doing all these. Mahindra Verito launch as per the news cited in a different thread is bang on to Swift VDi ABS bracket [5.56L Ex showroom, Delhi]. Expect Etios's one or two variants to be in the very same bracket. As of now Dzire LDi starts around 5,85,xxx Ex. Showroom Delhi. With the size reduced, the report is they could cut down upto 30,000/- which can bring down the prices to 5,55,000/-.
But if Price is going to be what you quoted, it sure will pack a big punch!
Old 26th April 2011, 21:45   #503
Senior - BHPian

Just for convenience sakes heres the image from the other thread that FZ_rider had put up. Now we can continue the chat here
Attached Thumbnails
Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15-dzire_web_2.jpg  

Old 26th April 2011, 21:53   #504
BHPian

Pricing will definitely be a huge plus. If the boot volume is above 330L or so, I don't think it would be a big reason to complain, the new Dezire actually being a compact sedan in reality.
Old 26th April 2011, 22:15   #505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
This pic is from the Maruti's test track near sector 18 Gurgaon.
I know which IT company provides that fantastic view from the cafeteria of Maruti's test track.
So then this image is not photoshoped .I hope so because im my opinion it looks good. I know it is only the side profile but comapred to current Dzire anyone will say this new one is better.
Old 26th April 2011, 23:40   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
So then this image is not photoshoped .I hope so because im my opinion it looks good. I know it is only the side profile but comapred to current Dzire anyone will say this new one is better.
I don't think it has been photoshoped as the interiors are beige in color and the Swift will not come with beige interiors as it will affect its sporty nature. I quite like the Dezire's boot job, compared to the present model.
Old 26th April 2011, 23:49   #507
Senior - BHPian

Dont judge the rear from the side !!

If they retain the same rear design it will be as YUCK as it used to be
Old 26th April 2011, 23:53   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Dont judge the rear from the side !!

If they retain the same rear design it will be as YUCK as it used to be
Yes. But it would take some serious imagination and competitive engineering to beat the current one
The tail lamps look like those of a shrunken SX4. Thogh I am not a fan of the SX4's rear end, Its still a better step forward from the current one.
Old 27th April 2011, 01:52   #509
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Just for convenience sakes heres the image from the other thread that FZ_rider had put up. Now we can continue the chat here
Looks like MSIL engineers had a real look at the Kizashi before going to the drawing board! The boot is short and sporty and the tail-lamps remind of the Kizashi as well.

Atleast from this angle, this is a big improvement over the earlier version! And looks was the one main thing that was missing from the earlier version! Watch out Etios!
Old 27th April 2011, 02:28   #510
Senior - BHPian

One reason Maruti would do this - they hate Swift OR they don't understand brand cannibalisation. Under 4m Swift will be only marginally more expensive compared to Swift (unless Maruti plans not to pass on all excise savings to the customers) with almost no effect on ride and handling.

I can't see why anybody (ok, most people) would go for a Swift hatch then.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks