Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2009, 17:49   #136
BHPian

Since childhood I wanted to make career in Automotive Industry.

With Automobile Designing in mind I chose Bachelor of Design in IIT Guwahati but at counselling the professors advised me to take up other options.

So I landed up in IIIT Hyderabad pursuing Computer Science.
Recently I have applied for a project in "Car to Car Communication" under Cognitive Automobiles. It's a 12 year long research project on next generation automobiles and I would love to be a part of it.

Currently waiting for Professor's response and praying that it gets accepted .
Old 29th September 2009, 14:15   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan View Post
Was watching a program on lambougini. In that the test driver of the company said "I have the best job in the world". I wont mind being in his shoes :-)
Me, toooo!

I wouldn't mind the job of driving the cars for the auto mags if the first one is not available!!
Old 29th September 2009, 14:26   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman7 View Post
Be part of Fiat-India's strategy team, else Automotive sales.
Best wishes - FIAT could do with someone like you (a handle like yours + a profile pic to match) (no offense, man!)

But, seriously, how many automobile companies build cars that they think the customer really wants? Especially the options / features part of it? So, if you want to make a career - there is a wide scope for you out there!!
Old 29th September 2009, 14:58   #139
BHPian

Always dreamed about being an Auto Journalist, travelling in business class, pampered by all sorts of luxuries by auto manufacturers. Jokes apart, test driving the most exotic (or even most common) machines everyday to known and unknown destinations, Nothing can be more fulfilling than that. Somehow couldn't get proper direction for that.
Old 9th October 2009, 04:32   #140
BHPian

I worked as a car mechanic for a few years in my youth; I enjoyed giving new life to old machines, solving problems [I was just a kid, but they were soon giving me the tough nuts to crack].
But I had to give it up to make a living.
Old 29th October 2009, 14:18   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
Me, toooo!

I wouldn't mind the job of driving the cars for the auto mags if the first one is not available!!
Me too wouldn't mind being a Auto Journalist. Well I tried for that job too, could not get it (@ overdrive) years later some other car mag called me after seeing my writing, it was too late.

I was a having my own garage, shut down to gain respect (or else I would have been called a mechanic even though I had a Bachelors in Automotive Engineering and Earning decent money ) Irony of Indian Society.

After all the twist and turns I am a Service Engineer @ Caterpillar taking care of Gas Generator Sets. Good one, love the company but the CAR thing is totally different.
Old 29th October 2009, 16:45   #142
dcs
BHPian

Hmm, now this is an interesting thread.

I have been into sales for almost 13 years now and most of it I was selling Chemicals for the Casting units. Seen almost all types of casting but Automobiles have been a passion for a pretty long time.

Last year, I was offered a Job of GM at a 2 wheeler Dealership and this was a Lucrative one, though the money thus offered was less than half of my That time Salary Cheque. I accepted it and after working day in and day out for almost a year, I realized that I need more than just Daal Roti, so switched over to a Sales Manager Job with a Exotic Car Dealer.

I perhaps in longer time, would like to build a Garage of my own , which may not be the most swanky of the lot but where knowledge and faith and good workmanship will prevail.

Lets see if I make it to that place or not!!

All Cheers

dcs
Old 30th October 2009, 16:06   #143
BHPian

I am a software engineer by profession, but a car freak at heart.After seeing some of the posts, , I've realized some people are far more passionate. Anyways , my dream was to be a Gandini or
atleast a DC as a kid.. . In any case, I still hope to join some automobile company someday , I can partially realize it atleast then!
Old 30th October 2009, 16:06   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Head View Post
Always dreamed about being an Auto Journalist, travelling in business class, pampered by all sorts of luxuries by auto manufacturers. Jokes apart, test driving the most exotic (or even most common) machines everyday to known and unknown destinations, Nothing can be more fulfilling than that. Somehow couldn't get proper direction for that.
Me too..thought of the glamour of the job many times.
Old 30th October 2009, 16:36   #145
BHPian

Always dreamt of working with all kind of cars. Pondering over setting up a car care centre where cars and owners would get the best.
Old 8th November 2009, 15:56   #146
Senior - BHPian

Pursuing Mech Engg, So I am in the right track. Next will take up machine design. Hopefully land a job in a German auto industry, learn their trick, come back to India and implement them in our desi car (read Tata and MUL) . Lolz, I am evil, stealing German's trick
Old 12th November 2009, 15:31   #147
BHPian

job opportunities in automobile sector

Dear All,
a new thread

the idea for this thread

A lot of people on forum ( including me) wish to have a career in automobile industry. We have a lot of experts on forum who have expertise in the field plus contacts in the industry.
We could use thi thread to talk & discussabout possibilities of jobs i the sector
i have posted for it. hope mods approve it or see what if anything can be done
Old 12th November 2009, 21:34   #148
BHPian

man i wish to be an automotive photographer.
Old 13th November 2009, 04:11   #149

5 1/2 yrs into the auto industry, and plan to stay in it...
Old 20th November 2009, 12:42   #150
BHPian

A nice thread ..

Well I am a Mechanical Engineer from NIT . But landed up in SAP service Industry ..Even though 3.5 years in this Software world , i tend to become the most talkative in any discussion related to cars / bikes or anything that moves ..

I still look forward for some job with an auto-mobile company..

cheers all

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks