Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2011, 13:45   #2746
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajinibm View Post
hey guys!
Came with my friend to see a elantra.saw a white fiesta.its a 2006 august exi petrol model.the car is in with condition with 39k on the odo.the price quoted was 3.4 lakhs but negotiated to 2.9 plus insurance as the insurance is getting expired today.so the price is three lakhs.its a white fiesta.
Could someone pls tell me if the price is fine as i would like to finalise it.
I think it is a good price. Similar specced Fiesta at a nearby pre-owned dealer in Bangalore quoted 3.8 lakhs before negotiation. 2.9 lakhs seems like a fairly good price. Try to get it diagnosed and certified by Ford if possible. I am sure the dealer wouldn't mind it.

Prajwal
Old 17th February 2011, 13:48   #2747
Distinguished - BHPian

hey, same boat!!

just a word to the wise.
The fiesta max's the scale of being local-garage-unfriendly.

I was just checking.correct me, but seems that exi was available in 1.4L(?)
Old 17th February 2011, 13:53   #2748
Senior - BHPian

@rajinibm: I think it is a fair price. However EXI is the base model.
Old 17th February 2011, 14:31   #2749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
hi all: Have found another civic, Maroon, Automatic - V version, 2008 Jan (2007 make), 19k on Odo comes without the leather seat (owner was allergic to leather to changed it). The car is in good condition. Bumper dent was repaired at the dealer and history is clean. He is firm on 7.25. What could be the right price?
MadBullram, did u inspect the car ? I went to check it for a colleague couple of weeks back
I would suggest to stay away from it. Number is 2224 - reference from Craigslist - Honda Civic 1.8 AT
My observations:
The tires worn out were more - My punto with 23k odo has more grooves
Spare wheel is missing
Out of 4 Tyres - 3 were of different make & tread wear was inconsistent
Engine seems to be tweaked - at least the sparkplugs are replaced, fit & finish is missing
Seats were soiled, doesn't justify the 19k running
Seems to be repainted or buffed completely - check the headlights - right & left aren't match - one seems to be new
Rubber Beadings are new, seems to have painted the boot/dickey
The car's condition doesn't justify the 19k on odometer, may be reading is tampered

Friend's observation:
When seated inside, the dashboard seems to be tilted towards left, must have a left side collision

Check twice before you want to buy it.
We walked away from the car within 15 mins

Last edited by Dine : 17th February 2011 at 14:34. Reason: typo
Old 17th February 2011, 14:31   #2750
BHPian

thanks for the speedy reply!got a mechanic to see the car and the car was re painted and some parts changed so saw one more fiesta exi 2007 model 48000 on odo.the mechanic have a green signal for this car.the only thing was the suspension perhaps needed looking at.the dealer quoted 3.7 and now at 3.25.looking to get this finalised at 3.25.this is a gold colour car.
Old 17th February 2011, 14:42   #2751
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dine View Post
MadBullram, did u inspect the car ? I went to check it for a colleague couple of weeks back
I would suggest to stay away from it. Number is 2224 - reference from Craigslist - Honda Civic 1.8 AT
My observations:
The tires worn out were more - My punto with 23k odo has more grooves
Spare wheel is missing
Out of 4 Tyres - 3 were of different make & tread wear was inconsistent
Engine seems to be tweaked - at least the sparkplugs are replaced, fit & finish is missing
Seats were soiled, doesn't justify the 19k running
Seems to be repainted or buffed completely - check the headlights - right & left aren't match - one seems to be new
Rubber Beadings are new, seems to have painted the boot/dickey
The car's condition doesn't justify the 19k on odometer, may be reading is tampered

Friend's observation:
When seated inside, the dashboard seems to be tilted towards left, must have a left side collision

Check twice before you want to buy it.
We walked away from the car within 15 mins

Thanks a ton mate. We checked the car and realised that it must have been involved in a major accident. The airbags were deployed and the entire patch job must have been done at road side bcos they didnt know how to siwtch off the airbag indicator. Gave the seller a real dress down
Old 18th February 2011, 09:06   #2752
BHPian

Hi Guys

Just a small doubt: Is it wise to buy a Fiesta EXI petrol 2007 model with 48k on the odo?My friends at office say that post 50k kms suspension problems crop up in the fiesta and maintenance costs could be high as the kms go by!

Also the mechanic whom I had taken along to show the car said the suspensions were suspect but said they could be fixed up.How much would this cost and any known ford fiesta issues after 50k on odo guys?

Thanks!
Old 18th February 2011, 17:16   #2753
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajwalkashyap View Post
Its a dealer selling the car. The quoted price includes his margin which I felt is still a little high.
I always pay a premium for a good used car. You anyways save a lot (compared to a new car price); what's 5 - 10% for an immaculate used example. If the car passes all checks with flying colours, don't hesitate.

Quote:
Is veriCAR still alive? Their website seems to be working.
Nope, vericar has shut shop.

Quote:
My friends at office say that post 50k kms suspension problems crop up in the fiesta and maintenance costs could be high as the kms go by!
All cars need a suspension overhaul at 50 - 60K kms. Plus, if a used car didn't require any work (and thus, hasn't suffered any wear & tear), why would it be priced cheaper in the first place? Remember, a car is built of several components that will wear out with age. As long as its clean (paperwork, no accidents, regular maintenance), pick it up for a good price. I must add that, when buying used, my first choice would be Japanese / Korean.
Old 20th February 2011, 16:52   #2754
BHPian

Guys, its that time and I've finally decided to let go of my Swift.

(http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-km-later.html). Haven't updated the last year of ownership in the above thread.

I've checked valuations at carwale.com but would like to get more insight from folks on this thread. Its my first ride, so I don't have any experience on this front.

Here's some info on the Bee:

06/2007 Pearl Metallic Artic White Swift LDi
Single Owner
KA Registered
Done 81K
Insurance paid till June 2011

Modifications:

Pete's tuning box fit at 15K
Green's Air filter + CAI (fit at the same time as when the box was added)
Clutch Replacement at 67K
Brand new battery at around 78K
Michelin XM1+ 185/70 R14 went on at 51K [prior to this, was running on Bridgestone Potenza GIII's]

Accessories: (all done at Autoshop, Koramangala except for the Alloys)

Pioneer HU + JBL 4 channel AMP + JBL front components + JBL 6X9 rears
Power windows for all 4 doors + Remote locking + Security Alarm (I believe its the top end model of Nippon). Has the relay to close all windows, when locked.
Art Leather seat covers
Prestige 14" alloy wheels
Old 20th February 2011, 17:33   #2755
BHPian

Hi Guys

Utilised the sunday - today, to see couple of pre-owned cars.
Liked a 2006 January Ford Fiesta.Its a SXI petrol variant.The owner Finally agreeing to 3.35 lakhs plus the insurance which I have to pay which expired on 1 February.
The price seems decent as I had seen EXI variants being quoted between 3.25-3.5 lakhs.
The car colour is - Violet! I dont recall seeing too many cars of this colour.
Apart from the colour the car is in pristine condition with 40k on the odo.
Would be taking a mechanic along with me tomorrow to get the car checked and close the deal.
Attached Thumbnails
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-20022011233.jpg  

Old 20th February 2011, 21:56   #2756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aravindpn View Post
Dear All,

I cannot say whether Iam writing this in a sense of dilemma, Iam just back after driving a used Safari Petrol Exi (YES YOU READ RIGHT ITS PETROL), Jan 2005, perfectly mint condition done only 39000 Kms( no wonder seeing the petrol prices), black colour, single owner in Bangalore. He is quoting Rs. 375000 which seems too high for me.
Personally, if I were in your shoes, I'd pay no more than 2.5 lakh. Only if bargaining for Rs 2 lakh don't work out. You are probably the only prospective buyer he has. SPEEDY.RACER bought his accessorized 2006 Dicor VX last year for a little under Rs 4 lakh. So, you'd be better of bargaining on a '6-'7 Dicor if your budget is 3.5-4 lakh.
Old 21st February 2011, 00:17   #2757
Senior - BHPian

Please Suggest

1998 Esteem VX, 2nd owner, 62,000 km. PW, PS orignal Kenwood Stereo. Orignal Paint. How much should one buy it for? owner asking 82k.
Also, surprisingly, the car has orignal paint, and the bodyline is also good, no dents, only minor scratches, but the car has BLACK BUMPERS both front and rear, its an esteem VX model, the facelifted one, how can it have black bumpers.
Did MSIL make early 1998 Esteem's with black bumpers even in VX trim? i know the old ones had black bumpers throughout the range, but after the facelift, werent all cars with body coloured bumpers?

The interior is very clean, car drives smooth, clutch and break also look normal, engine sound is also quite smooth, i will also take a mechanic to check the car again. Please PM Me for any other information. Please tell me how much should i quote? would 70k be the right price or i must quote even lesser?

Last edited by fx45 : 21st February 2011 at 00:35.
Old 21st February 2011, 00:45   #2758
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
How much would this cost and any known ford fiesta issues after 50k on odo guys?
Most cars need suspension overhaul after 50k. A complete fiesta front suspension overhaul, including arms, shocks, should cost about 10-12k.
Old 21st February 2011, 10:45   #2759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufRoc View Post
Guys, its that time and I've finally decided to let go of my Swift.

Here's some info on the Bee:

06/2007 Pearl Metallic Artic White Swift LDi
Single Owner
KA Registered
Done 81K
Insurance paid till June 2011

Modifications:

Pete's tuning box fit at 15K
Green's Air filter + CAI (fit at the same time as when the box was added)
Clutch Replacement at 67K
Brand new battery at around 78K
Michelin XM1+ 185/70 R14 went on at 51K [prior to this, was running on Bridgestone Potenza GIII's]

Accessories: (all done at Autoshop, Koramangala except for the Alloys)

Pioneer HU + JBL 4 channel AMP + JBL front components + JBL 6X9 rears
Power windows for all 4 doors + Remote locking + Security Alarm (I believe its the top end model of Nippon). Has the relay to close all windows, when locked.
Art Leather seat covers
Prestige 14" alloy wheels
While I was looking for an automatic over the weekend, I saw a similar specced grey swift being quoted 4.5lakhs. If I was a buyer, I'd pick urs over some other unknown car. I guess u can expect around 4 lakhs pretty comfortably.

Prajwal
Old 21st February 2011, 11:59   #2760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
Please Suggest

Did MSIL make early 1998 Esteem's with black bumpers even in VX trim? i know the old ones had black bumpers throughout the range, but after the facelift, werent all cars with body coloured bumpers?
As far as I know, ever since it was facelifted in 1997, Maruti never produced/sold the Esteem with black bumpers. Heck, even the LX had body color bumpers. Do they look painted black or stock like the M800's?
If it is the latter, you might be looking at an accidented vehicle. But don't take my word for it, get it checked by a mechanic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks