Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2010, 11:53   #2056
BHPian

Hi guys,

My sister (in Hyd) is very close to buying a i10 Sportz which has done about 5-6000kms. It was bought October - November last year for about 4.7L. The car is a bit bumped and bruised but has been valued at 3.5L.

Is it a good buy? The purchase is going to be within the next few days so would appreciate any feedback as soon as possible.

Thanks again
Old 13th July 2010, 12:05   #2057
Distinguished - BHPian

How much for a 2000MY Daewoo Matiz AC (No PS)?
Old 13th July 2010, 15:05   #2058
BHPian

Guys a little help here!

In the market for selling my skoda superb.
What could be the best price for -

late 2005 model - 2.8 V6. Black. Done 50000 kms. Scratchless. Pretty good tires.
Always company serviced. Leather still fresh. VIP number. Excellent condition. No gearbox failures.
Old 13th July 2010, 15:13   #2059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
Hi guys,

My sister (in Hyd) is very close to buying a i10 Sportz which has done about 5-6000kms. It was bought October - November last year for about 4.7L. The car is a bit bumped and bruised but has been valued at 3.5L.

Is it a good buy? The purchase is going to be within the next few days so would appreciate any feedback as soon as possible.

Thanks again
Yes, it is a good buy considering the fact that it is done only 6000 kms. Get the service records checked and go for it.

You can always search for a good car detailer in HYD and get the i10 polished to look almost new.
Old 13th July 2010, 15:34   #2060
BHPian

Friends which one you think I should go for -

2004 Ford Ikon Flair 1.3, Single owner, black, ~ 70K Kms on Odo, 1.7 lac (final). Doesnt have a lot of pull ikons are known for. Its probably related to servicing maybe. Did a fairly longish ride and found no major issues. Engine is smooth and runs well and yes the car does look a bit old .

2007 Ford Ikon Flair 1.3, 2 owners, silver, ~ 33K kms on Odo, 2.7 lac (final)
2 owners because to save tax the owner did name transfer to his brother. The car has awesome pull. No music system in, tyres good for another 10 K kms. New model, hence sporty front bumper, sporty gear knob and white dials. Car is repainted, and its a bit shoddy paint job and the plastics outside look faded. I am told this would be ok after a teflon job. Its with a known dealer, so commission is involved.

Fairly good sources have told me that the car ODO readings are not tampered.

My usage would be limited to domestic errands, to office on some days and maybe some highway trips. I dont anticipate more than 10,000 kms / year. I am very confused, 1.7 is comfortable budget and 2.7 is like bit tight at the moment. I am just worried if i buy the 70k Kms run car, what all troubles can it throw at me and in the end when i try to sell in 2 yrs, what would i get resale value?

Last edited by rrahul_2778 : 13th July 2010 at 15:36.
Old 13th July 2010, 15:39   #2061
Distinguished - BHPian

2002 Accord 2.3L VTi-Automatic done 70,000km. Silver color with fancy regn number.

2004 NHC CVT done 50,000kms. Maroon color.

What should I be asking for these ?
Old 13th July 2010, 18:53   #2062
BHPian

[quote=joshguy;1977118]4-6L

Prices In chennai

Which of these would be a good bet as far as reliability, *** cost etc. would go?
Old 13th July 2010, 18:55   #2063
BHPian

Thanks Mutant

Car was appraised by a dealer, so was just wondering how accurate it was. Appreciate your help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Yes, it is a good buy considering the fact that it is done only 6000 kms. Get the service records checked and go for it.

You can always search for a good car detailer in HYD and get the i10 polished to look almost new.
Old 14th July 2010, 14:51   #2064
lsp
BHPian

2007 Ikon, 2nd owner (on paper). Hmmmm.
Don't be influenced with the sporty front bumper, sporty gear knob and white dials. It's all cosmetic.

Since you also plan to sell this car in a couple of years, being the thrid owner would depreciate the value to some extent.

Try to find out why the car was repainted. 3 years is very less time to go for a repaint due to paint fading or normal nicks and scratches. It could be an accidental vehicle. Find out more from the service history and the Insurance NCB accumalated on the car. Since the paint job is shoddy I think it might be done at a roadside painter and not the A.S.S. Still try to find out more.

If I were you, I would stay away from this car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrahul_2778 View Post
2 owners because to save tax the owner did name transfer to his brother. The car has awesome pull. No music system in, tyres good for another 10 K kms. New model, hence sporty front bumper, sporty gear knob and white dials. Car is repainted, and its a bit shoddy paint job and the plastics outside look faded. I am told this would be ok after a teflon job. Its with a known dealer, so commission is involved.

My usage would be limited to domestic errands, to office on some days and maybe some highway trips. I dont anticipate more than 10,000 kms / year. I am very confused, 1.7 is comfortable budget and 2.7 is like bit tight at the moment. I am just worried if i buy the 70k Kms run car, what all troubles can it throw at me and in the end when i try to sell in 2 yrs, what would i get resale value?

Last edited by lsp : 14th July 2010 at 14:55.
Old 14th July 2010, 16:26   #2065

Hi Guys,

I have finalized a Dec 2005 Optra 1.6 Elite (VGIS) which has done 25K kms in great condition. Exterior has minor scratches and dents. Asking price is 3.7L, is 3.3L a fair price for this car?

Cheers!
Old 15th July 2010, 03:48   #2066
BHPian

Can anyone help me find a Used Baleno(2005 upwards) in bangalore as im looking for one very urgently.Think that most of the Balenos in bangalore belong to bhpians.so if anyone wants to sell please contact me.my budget is around 3lakhs.saw some cars with the dealers but was not impressed with the condition.Also what is the major difference between lxi and vxi
Old 15th July 2010, 11:00   #2067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_maniac View Post
Can anyone help me find a Used Baleno(2005 upwards) in bangalore as im looking for one very urgently.Think that most of the Balenos in bangalore belong to bhpians.so if anyone wants to sell please contact me.my budget is around 3lakhs.saw some cars with the dealers but was not impressed with the condition.Also what is the major difference between lxi and vxi
Your budget is perfect for a BS II baleno. But finding a well maintained one could be quite a task. Spares are available but prices of few parts will take you by surprise. Vxi models are rare & would demand an extra 10-15k to the price.

Diff btw Lxi and Vxi:
Maruti Suzuki Baleno LXi - BS III vs Maruti Suzuki Baleno VXi - BS III | Car Comparisons - CarWale.com
Old 15th July 2010, 11:39   #2068
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrahul_2778 View Post
Friends which one you think I should go for -

2004 Ford Ikon Flair 1.3, Single owner, black, ~ 70K Kms on Odo, 1.7 lac (final). Doesnt have a lot of pull ikons are known for. Its probably related to servicing maybe. Did a fairly longish ride and found no major issues. Engine is smooth and runs well and yes the car does look a bit old .

+
imo, the first one (2004 flair) seems better than the 2007 one?

2nd owner, even on paper is considered as 2nd owner and you become 3rd owner (I had a esteem few year back, in similar story and I had very tough time to sell out the car because I was 3rd owner then).
And the car is repainted in 3 years - no, something wrong with this car? be careful!
Old 15th July 2010, 11:45   #2069
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_maniac View Post
Well, i have just purchased one couple of weeks back. You will get a well maintained one within your budget. If interested PM me and i will pass on the contact no of dealer through whom i bought mine.
yeah but mostly Lxis are available.
Btw, are you Vinal's friend?
Old 16th July 2010, 11:24   #2070
BHPian

Guys, need advice.
A friend of mine is planning to sell his car and would like to know a good selling price.

Maruti Swift - Vxi
Year - 2006
Kms - 22300
Well maintained. Single owner.

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks