Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2013, 19:20   #7321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalu View Post
BHPians need some assistance here. Please respond to me ASAP becasue i need to quote a price by end of this week

I have shortlisted Vento HighLine Diesel. How much should i Quote?

Color - Blue
Bought - May 2012
Run - 13,500 kms
Service History - Full
Accidents - None
Scratches - Minor
Insurance - To be paid for this year which would cost me another 26K

Thanks everybody in advance.
Pls quote a 20% depreciation on the current on road price of the same variant after all prevailing discounts
Old 18th May 2013, 08:58   #7322
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
You can pay approx Rs. 2.5 lacs to Rs. 2.75 lacs for 2009 Maruti WagonR Lxi with 14,000 kms on ODO in good condition.
The owner quoted 2.9L and maximum he is willing to come down is 2.85L. I think I will drop this.

Another 2008 model Lxi Duo (Black) has come up. 33000 on odo. Physical examination pending. owner quoting 2.4L. Any inputs?

Thank you
Old 18th May 2013, 10:40   #7323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalu View Post
I have shortlisted Vento HighLine Diesel. How much should i Quote?
Hello Chalu,
Nice Handle,by the way!!

A new Vento would have cost around 11.5-11.75L in 2012. So a fair price for a year old Vento will be around 9.5-10L in my view.

Regards,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by beez View Post
Another 2008 model Lxi Duo (Black) has come up. 33000 on odo. Physical examination pending. owner quoting 2.4L. Any inputs?
Hello Beez,
A VFM price will be around 1.75-1.9L mark.

Regards,
Varun
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2013, 13:58   #7324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello Beez,
A VFM price will be around 1.75-1.9L mark.
Hi Varun,

Thanks a lot. However one small doubt. Jignesh, in reply to my previous question said 2.5 to 2.75L for 2009 WagonR Lxi would be a good price. Will a 2008 model (same Lxi, but Duo) come down to 1.75 - 1.9L range. That is almost a difference of 75k. Please give me some insight. Is it because of "Duo" factor, if any? or the 33k km on odo vs 14k in the other.
Planning to see the car today evening and if I have to bring it down to 1.9L from 2.4L, I'll need to do some hard bargaining and need to be armed?

Thanks
Old 18th May 2013, 14:39   #7325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you
Hello,

Are you really willing to buy a used LPG Car? I will suggest - no. Instead it will be a better option to buy a petrol only used car & install LPG kit yourself (if CNG is not available ion your city).

Anyways Rs. 2 lacs will be a good price for 2008 WagonR Duo Lxi with 33,000 kms on ODO.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2013, 14:54   #7326
BHPian

Quote:
Are you really willing to buy a used LPG Car? I will suggest - no.
Anyways Rs. 2 lacs will be a good price for 2008 WagonR Duo Lxi with 33,000 kms on ODO.
Thank you Jignesh. My only consideration is getting a WagonR petrol in good condition. Problem is not many are available here (Trivandrum). Thursday morning I saw two ads for WagonR in newspaper - by 11.30 first one was sold and the next by afternoon. I would like to buy one at least this week.
For my running (~4000/year) I do not need LPG (CNG not yet available here), but if only duo comes my way, I am left with little options. But I have one question, is a used LPG car that bad even if it is comparatively recent model, like post 2008? Pardon my ignorance in these matters. Thank you.
Old 18th May 2013, 15:21   #7327
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Varun,

Thanks a lot. However one small doubt. Jignesh, in reply to my previous question said 2.5 to 2.75L for 2009 WagonR Lxi would be a good price. Will a 2008 model (same Lxi, but Duo) come down to 1.75 - 1.9L range. That is almost a difference of 75k. Please give me some insight. Is it because of "Duo" factor, if any? or the 33k km on odo vs 14k in the other.
Planning to see the car today evening and if I have to bring it down to 1.9L from 2.4L, I'll need to do some hard bargaining and need to be armed?

Thanks
Hello Beez,
The difference is due to the combination of both(LPG & kms) factor. Contrary to what people think,my experience suggests that, CNG & LPG cars fetch nearly the same or in some cases less than the only petrol counterparts. Maybe because it's aftermarket or maybe because it requires periodic checking.

Quote:
Thank you Jignesh. My only consideration is getting a WagonR petrol in good condition. Problem is not many are available here (Trivandrum). Thursday morning I saw two ads for WagonR in newspaper - by 11.30 first one was sold and the next by afternoon. I would like to buy one at least this week.
For my running (~4000/year) I do not need LPG (CNG not yet available here), but if only duo comes my way, I am left with little options. But I have one question, is a used LPG car that bad even if it is comparatively recent model, like post 2008? Pardon my ignorance in these matters. Thank you.
I would seriously suggest you to take your time & check out the car before buying. Please don't make a hasty decision. "HASTE MAKES WASTE". I am, unfortunately speaking from experience.
Take your sweet time to decide on a car & check it thoroughly. For your kind of running, LPG is an overkill & petrol will suit you fine. Don't go for LPG or CNG just because you can't find petrol cars.

Regards,
Varun

Quote:
Hello,

Are you really willing to buy a used LPG Car? I will suggest - no. Instead it will be a better option to buy a petrol only used car & install LPG kit yourself (if CNG is not available ion your city).

Thanks,
Hello Jignesh,
Generally between LPG & CNG ,I'd anyday go for CNG,due to the fact that it's far less combustible & being lighter than air, disperses faster.(My 2 cents)

Regards,
Varun
powertrain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2013, 10:01   #7328
BHPian

Exchanged my Swift ZXI 2006 with the Odo reading 39K+ (me being the second owner and purchased this on May 2009) for Honda City V AT for 6.25L with about 12K odd on the Odo.

Originally was looking for a SMT but this car looked good so called a mechanic from Patel Auto to check it out. Who gave a positive review. On calling up Linkway honda service center I was informed that to do a check we need to take the car over there and for a very nominal charge inspection can be carried out with the car being left in the workshop for a few hours. Though we do discuss in the forum that it is a good idea to take the car to the service center for a check up, I am yet to meet a second car dealer to grant this permission. So went ahead and booked the car with the Patel guys recommendation who had assisted me service my Swift many times over there.

Initial price quoted was 8.3 for the City and exchange price of 1.7 for my car. But finally agreed to a sum total of 6.25 L + my car. plan to take a loan on this, so the car should be in my hands in about 4 to 5 days. Purchased the car from Linkway Motors, Malad (W).

Last edited by NVI2112 : 19th May 2013 at 10:07. Reason: Updated dealer name
Old 19th May 2013, 12:35   #7329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would like to buy one at least this week.
For my running (~4000/year)
Hello Beez,

Just like Varun's suggestion, I would also suggest not to fix a target date to somehow buy a used car. You may repent the decision that you take in haste. By the way are you only looking at used WagonR's? I mean if used WagonR's are not available in your city, look for used Santro which will be available for similar or little lower prices. Also if you can extend your budget a little higher, than Swift will also be a wonderful small car.

Quote:
Generally between LPG & CNG ,I'd anyday go for CNG,due to the fact that it's far less combustible & being lighter than air, disperses faster.(My 2 cents)
Hello Varun,

CNG is definitely (& undoubtedly) better than LPG with it comes to price, mileage & performance. But in cities like Chennai & Trivandrum, CNG is still not available & car buyers have to settle with LPG as an alternate fuel.

Thanks,

Last edited by Jignesh : 19th May 2013 at 12:36.
Old 20th May 2013, 09:51   #7330
BHPian

Quote:
I would seriously suggest you to take your time & check out the car before buying. Please don't make a hasty decision. "HASTE MAKES WASTE". Don't go for LPG or CNG just because you can't find petrol cars.
Quote:
Just like Varun's suggestion, I would also suggest not to fix a target date to somehow buy a used car. You may repent the decision that you take in haste. By the way are you only looking at used WagonR's? I mean if used WagonR's are not available in your city, look for used Santro which will be available for similar or little lower prices. Also if you can extend your budget a little higher, than Swift will also be a wonderful small car.
Hi,

Why urgency? Let me explain my situation. For reasons purely financial, I cannot look for a new car and therefore settled for a used car. I am currently using my brother-in-laws car which I need to return. For almost one and a half months I am on the lookout for a good used car and so need to buy one at least by end of this month. Unfortunately this desire has been restricted by my limitations of know-how to assess a used car and also the idea about price. Since I have shifted to this place only a year back, I don't really know anyone whom I can trust with these assessments. Twice I came near inking the deal and then backed out when I was advised that both were overpriced. Coupled to that is the situation where I can meet a prospective seller only on weekends or after 4 p.m on weekdays. By the time I call to fix an appointment the car is gone!

Why waggy? Well, for the same financial reason, I need a car that is easy on pockets to maintain if I can find a good mechanic (I am not planning to take it to a MASS). Also Maruti parts are available off the shelf unlike a santro. This and the travel comfort it provides made waggy look like a better choice to me. Correct me if I am wrong. Otherwise, I have nothing against Santro or even alto. I don't know whether a swift is as easy on maintenance, and for my budget I may get a 2006 model, which I heard is not a good one mechanically (Please correct if wrong!)

Finally, please let me know whether buying a duo model (2008) which I may run entirely only on petrol (well 99%) hereafter, which may or may not have run on LPG entirely till now, is a bad decision and why?

Thanks a lot to both of you for your suggestions and look forward to a few more.
Old 20th May 2013, 10:56   #7331
Senior - BHPian

@ Beez: Considering your situation and urgency, I would suggest you can look for cars around 2.5 - 2.75 lakhs (which i sense is your budget) online. You will find a number of cars from different manufacturers with a lot of options plus direct sellers. This will give you a better deal and more options. I have bought two cars by looking online, and my experience has been good. And I could not get it tested by any garage / service station.

Do not rely on only one or two sources for used cars. Try as many as possible because buying a used car needs much more research than buying a new car. Lots of things to be checked and verified.

Also Luck plays an important role!!

Good Luck.
2000rpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2013, 11:48   #7332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVI2112 View Post
Initial price quoted was 8.3 for the City and exchange price of 1.7 for my car. But finally agreed to a sum total of 6.25 L + my car. plan to take a loan on this, so the car should be in my hands in about 4 to 5 days. Purchased the car from Linkway Motors, Malad (W).
Hello,

Though you got a good price for your 2006 Swift (approx Rs. 2 lacs), but you have not mentioned the year of manufacture of the Honda City V AT that you bought in exchange.

Quote:
Finally, please let me know whether buying a duo model (2008) which I may run entirely only on petrol (well 99%) hereafter, which may or may not have run on LPG entirely till now, is a bad decision and why?
Hello Beez,

Ideally this is a little off-topic discussion, but as you do not have facility of private messages, I am writing here.

See there is no harm in buying a well maintained 2008 WagonR Duo which you will run only on petrol in future. Only problem you will not be sure as to how much the car has run on LPG in past. You may have to spend some amount on engine de-carbonising. Also hope you know that stepney tyre will occupy 50% of boot space in WagonR Duo.

Finally if you have budget constraints & more options of used cars are not available, then go ahead & buy the WagonR Duo you are referring.

Thanks,
Old 20th May 2013, 11:51   #7333
Senior - BHPian

Hi @NVI2112, congrats for the new car & the bargain seems good for anyone dealing with the dealers. What was the year of manufacture of City BTW?

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 20th May 2013 at 12:27.
Old 20th May 2013, 13:44   #7334
BHPian

The year of manufacture is 2011 for the honda city
Old 20th May 2013, 13:46   #7335
BHPian

Quote:
For almost one and a half months I am on the lookout for a good used car and so need to buy one at least by end of this month.
Quote:
You may have to spend some amount on engine de-carbonising. Also hope you know that stepney tyre will occupy 50% of boot space in WagonR Duo.
Hello Beez,
I fully agree with Jignesh. Why spend money on an LPG car, when you're not going to use it. And this being your primary car, you are going to use the boot more often. I suggest you go for this car only if you are going to use the boot sparsely.

Dont worry my friend, you'll have a car in your driveway soon!!

Regards,
Varun
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks