Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2012, 12:32   #916
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:The “White Annihilator” has arrived!!!! EDIT : 25,000kms Complete

Today morning did a airport run of 75kms which was at a blistering pace and when I returned and was about to enter my home noticed the car not reacting to throttle response in 1st gear and 2nd gear at 1000RPM

I have to really shove the pedal down for the RPM meter to make it move from 1000RPM. It's as if the needle is stuck at 1000rpm

This exact problem happened in my previous car ( Accent Viva CRDi) but, dont recall what was the solution then.

Once the needle moves then car behaves normally.

What could be wrong?

I think either dust in the fuel filter or sensors acting funny. Anyways, I'am going to show the car to A.S.S on Sunday morning
Old 11th May 2012, 13:43   #917
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:The “White Annihilator” has arrived!!!! EDIT : 25,000kms Complete

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Today morning did a airport run of 75kms which was at a blistering pace and when I returned and was about to enter my home noticed the car not reacting to throttle response in 1st gear and 2nd gear at 1000RPM

I have to really shove the pedal down for the RPM meter to make it move from 1000RPM. It's as if the needle is stuck at 1000rpm

This exact problem happened in my previous car ( Accent Viva CRDi) but, dont recall what was the solution then.

Once the needle moves then car behaves normally.

What could be wrong?

I think either dust in the fuel filter or sensors acting funny. Anyways, I'am going to show the car to A.S.S on Sunday morning
Here you go,your answer from the Accent Viva CRDi thread.

Quote:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...viva-crdi.html

I was facing the same problem that i described in above thread since the past 2-3 days. It was a major irritant, road is empty in front of my eyes and i depress my foot on accelarator and nothing happens, i am stuck. Release the gas pedal and press again, it goes forward.

they said the accelarator sensor went kaput

He told me that part is not with them and he is trying to source it and will cost Rs.5,500. Can someone confirm if this amount is correct?

Also, he mentioned that he will try and see if he can rectify this issue without having to replace the sensor at all.

Which service center guy will promise you that? Each time i visit Hyundai A.S.S, i get a surprise ( of the best kind) and note why their cars are selling so well.
Quote:
My respect for Accent Viva went up a notch and more than that for Hyundai too. Knowing the throttle sensor issue I had last week, still took the chance of driving it for a 2000kms trip and trust me, it never showed any signs of any problem and performed like the beast she is. Going strong even now.

Seems like i ordered for a new sensor in vain. I should just keep deleting the sensor error code in ECU each time it re-occurs

Hail Hyundai !

Last edited by F150 : 11th May 2012 at 13:44.
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2012, 13:52   #918
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Here you go,your answer from the Accent Viva CRDi thread.
Boy! That was a nice gesture of digging up that thread

If i recall correctly, i never changed the accelarator sensor in my Viva and the problem was resolved on its own.

I hope its the same thing with WA. Lets see !!
Old 11th May 2012, 14:05   #919
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Boy! That was a nice gesture of digging up that thread

If i recall correctly, i never changed the accelarator sensor in my Viva and the problem was resolved on its own.

I hope its the same thing with WA. Lets see !!
Sure. Any time .

WA is still under warranty, just under 2 yrs. Lets hope even if there is a sensor replacement it will be covered under warranty.
Old 14th May 2012, 11:12   #920
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I had dropped the car with A.S.S on saturday and described the problem. As the main service advisor was in Chennai for some conference he directed me to his second in command.

I told this person the problem and asked him to specifically check the accelarator sensor ( if there is any such part in the car) and also asked him to look-out for error codes in ECU.

He promptly calls me at 5pm on Saturday and said they changed the sensor and took the car for a test drive and its stalling, so said will give the car to me positively on Monday ( today)

Sampath Reddy is back from Chennai, he calls me in morning and tells me car is ready as there was some "Air Mass Sensor" that had failed and they replaced it under warranty. Anyone knows what exactly this component could be? His decription was a bit vague and i couldnt understand clearly on phone ( will know better when I meet him in person)

I requested him to wash the car, top up the nitrogen and said will collect the car in the evening

+ Point

My experience with KUN has been positively phenomenal. Whatever the issue they identify and resolve the problem in a jiffy.

- Point

For a 27K run car, this is 2nd component ( first being the company proactively changing the fuel pipe component) replaced under warranty. I am a bit apprehensive as to what will happen when warranty gets over
Old 14th May 2012, 11:59   #921
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008
"Air Mass Sensor" that had failed and they replaced it under warranty. Anyone knows what exactly this component could be?

For a 27K run car, this is 2nd component ( first being the company proactively changing the fuel pipe component) replaced under warranty. I am a bit apprehensive as to what will happen when warranty gets over
Air mass flow sensor, commonly known as MAF sensor, passes the air intake information to the ECM to adjust the fueling according to the air take.

AFAIK, MAF sensor is expensive, our wagon r also had the same issue, new MAF sensor was quoted at 4.5k, I am not sure how genuine the quote is. They did some cleaning and for now it is working fine, didn't want to go for a replacement, as the usage is very low.

Did you opt for extended warranty ?
Old 14th May 2012, 12:10   #922
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Air mass flow sensor, commonly known as MAF sensor, passes the air intake information to the ECM to adjust the fueling according to the air take.
Yes, I googled for this info and this seems to be what went wrong. Sampath did mention they changed this sensor on saturday and his team hadnt programmed it properly which he corrected this morning.

Quote:
Did you opt for extended warranty ?
Though its replaced under warranty, will know of its cost today evening when i pick up the car.

I need to check till when the original warranty is valid and also what are the options to extend the same.
Old 15th May 2012, 11:03   #923
Distinguished - BHPian

Reached the A.S.S at 7pm and WA was gleaming and ready to go back home.

I was given a bill of Rs.0 (sensor costs ~6K-7K) and they were as usual kind enough to give it a proper wash, interior vaccuming and waxing and nitrogen air topped up.

Before leaving they insisted that it has to be given a once over again by the cleaning folks

Drove 50kms since then and problem is completely resolved and its back to its beastly characteristics.

Kudos to KUN !!!

Extended Warranty : Cruze comes with 3 years and 100,000kms standard warranty. All extended warranties must be bought before the car completes 1 year. Therefore, I am not eligible to buy an extended warranty now

Service Advisor gave a casual quote of Rs.20,000 for extended warranty. Is there a way to avail it now? Do they give in to coaxing or persistent follow-ups?

Anyways, I still have ~ 15 months of warranty left so i am not too worried.

Last edited by mobike008 : 15th May 2012 at 11:04.
Old 15th May 2012, 12:25   #924
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Was given a bill of Rs.0 (sensor costs ~6K-7K) and they were as usual kind enough to give it a proper wash, interior vaccuming and waxing and nitrogen air topped up.

Drove 50kms since then and problem is completely resolved and its back to its beastly characteristics.
Like I said the MAF sensor is expensive.
Kudos to the service station, I have to follow up with the SA about the wash even on the paid service.

Quote:
Extended Warranty : Cruze comes with 3 years and 100,000kms standard warranty.
That is better than swifts warranty. Going by your ownership reviews,
Your average ownership period seems to be round about 3yrs. ;-)
Old 15th May 2012, 12:42   #925
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Kudos to the service station, I have to follow up with the SA about the wash even on the paid service.
If you read from 1st post till this one, I have nothing but huge praise for KUN dealership. I reckon the experience with dealership will overall change the perspective of owning a particular car.

If dealerships focus on fleecing its customers then it makes your ownership experience a living hell and your overall feeling towards the car will take a huge dip even if car is good

Touchwood, compared to all other Cruze owners on this forum, my experience of owning the Cruze has been rather drastically different and VFM. It's been a great pleasure in terms of dealing with folks at dealership and their service towards my car.

Quote:
That is better than swifts warranty. Going by your ownership reviews,Your average ownership period seems to be round about 3yrs.
What is standard warranty for Swift? Oh yeah, this is my 6th brand new car in 12 years

However, that is going to change with Cruze. There is no way i am letting go of it till I complete 5 years. Just too passionate about WA (just keeping my fingers crossed it lets me enjoy 5 years as peacefully as it did till date)
Old 18th May 2012, 14:44   #926
Distinguished - BHPian

Free-Check up camp update

Today morning received a call from KUN Chevrolet asking me to avail a free service check-up camp between May 25-27. In this camp,they will conduct a 50-point check up of all chevy vehicles and has many goodies in offer including a free car wash.

You can call them anytime from today to book your vehicle to avail this service.

I suppose they do this camp each year in summers as I had availed this camp service last year where they even served coconuts while you wait for your car is being checked

As they are hardly a km away from home, will drop by and avail a free wash......
Old 21st May 2012, 14:28   #927
BHPian

Quote:
I think Chevy is having this service camp in Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh from May 25th to May 27th.
Look at this link for more details.
Overview
Old 21st May 2012, 15:33   #928
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
I think Chevy is having this service camp in Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh from May 25th to May 27th.
Look at this link for more details.
Overview
Yeah, thats correct. After this camp was held in Northern India, they are now covering AP and Karnataka
Old 21st May 2012, 16:03   #929
BANNED

Quote:

Today morning received a call from KUN Chevrolet asking me to avail a free service check-up camp between May 25-27. In this camp,they will conduct a 50-point check up of all chevy vehicles and has many goodies in offer including a free car wash.

You can call them anytime from today to book your vehicle to avail this service.

I suppose they do this camp each year in summers as I had availed this camp service last year where they even served coconuts while you wait for your car is being checked

As they are hardly a km away from home, will drop by and avail a free wash......
You are lucky. Service centre within 1 KM range from my house is closed down recently by pune service provider. It was one of decision making criteria for me during car buying decision.
Old 6th June 2012, 12:56   #930
Distinguished - BHPian

Battery Update

Finally it happened. Today morning I cranked the car and it just wont start. I realized the battery has conked off.

I called the SA and he said ACDelco batteries are dry batteries and does not need any maintenance and are use and throw batteries. When enquired what is cost of new battery he said its around Rs.11,000 and insisted since its almost 22 months over and warranty for battery is only for 12 months, I need to cough up

I mentioned to him that I know the problems of ACDelco batteries requested him to replace FREE of cost or i will have to write to GM and escalate the matter.

He asked me to hold on and said will call me up before evening to let me know if it can be replaced free of cost.

Phew!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks