Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2012, 17:37   #826
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:The “White Annihilator” has arrived!!!! EDIT : 20,000kms Complete

Please ask Siddarth to caress your White Annihilator and it will become the White Destroyer.

From 850 rpm to 1300 rpm it remains stock. From 1300 rpm to 1900 rpm it starts to get unruly. From 1900 rpm to 2500 rpm its a hooligan. From 2500 rpm to 3500 rpm its a terrorist from across the border likely to kill the owner without a brake upgrade. After 3500 rpm mama mia!! you might as will kiss your children/jewels good bye.

Be warned with power comes great responsibility and your boy racer desires are extinguished till you meet up with cars costing three times as much and even then it takes great courage to floor the throttle. Any and every tuning boxed Cruze becomes boring once you let Siddarth massage your car; and the best part is tuning boxes cost twice as much .

In a way your right foot becomes the sword of Hara Kiri and the car transforms into a turbo charged RD350 if you know what I mean.

Last edited by drpullockaran : 10th February 2012 at 17:49.
drpullockaran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2012, 19:16   #827
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:The “White Annihilator” has arrived!!!! EDIT : 20,000kms Complete

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
Please ask Siddarth to caress your White Annihilator and it will become the White Destroyer.

From 850 rpm to 1300 rpm it remains stock. From 1300 rpm to 1900 rpm it starts to get unruly. From 1900 rpm to 2500 rpm its a hooligan. From 2500 rpm to 3500 rpm its a terrorist from across the border likely to kill the owner without a brake upgrade. After 3500 rpm mama mia!! you might as will kiss your children/jewels good bye.

Be warned with power comes great responsibility and your boy racer desires are extinguished till you meet up with cars costing three times as much and even then it takes great courage to floor the throttle. Any and every tuning boxed Cruze becomes boring once you let Siddarth massage your car; and the best part is tuning boxes cost twice as much .

In a way your right foot becomes the sword of Hara Kiri and the car transforms into a turbo charged RD350 if you know what I mean.
Can you please give more info about "siddharth" and the tuning he is offering. About his location, previous projects, price etc.,
Old 10th February 2012, 21:54   #828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangakishen View Post
Can you please give more info about "siddharth" and the tuning he is offering. About his location, previous projects, price etc.,
Send me a private pm and he can give you the details himself after you call him up. Putting his number in the open forum may infringe rules of this forum.
Old 13th February 2012, 21:05   #829
Team-BHP Support

Guys,

Is the music system on LT same as that of LTZ? SE claims them to be the same. LTZ sounded fantastic for a stock system.

If not same, is it an easy upgrade to match the system of LTZ?

I had posted the same question in official thread, but posting here as well due to an urgency.
Old 13th February 2012, 21:37   #830
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Guys,

Is the music system on LT same as that of LTZ? SE claims them to be the same. LTZ sounded fantastic for a stock system.
Music system is same in LT and LTZ. I was thinking previously that 21:35:11 comes with only front 2 speakers but, during a recent upgrade of ICE noted the rear speakers also to be present but they are in a bit of a dormant stage. You got to tune them up

Earlier Cruze base version screen was smaller but that has be upgraded to look exactly like LTZ now
Old 13th February 2012, 21:43   #831
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008

Music system is same in LT and LTZ. I was thinking previously that 21:35:11 comes with only front 2 speakers but, during a recent upgrade of ICE noted the rear speakers also to be present but they are in a bit of a dormant stage. You got to tune them up

Earlier Cruze base version screen was smaller but that has be upgraded to look exactly like LTZ now
Thanks.

Loved the stock ICE they had in the demo LTZ version. Official review also praises the ICE, but read in some LT reviews that the ICE is poor. Hence the confusion.

Do you miss any features present in LTZ version that's not there in LT? From my quick search, I can notice only fog lamps and reverse sensors.
Old 13th February 2012, 21:46   #832
Distinguished - BHPian

Yeah Stock ICE is decent

Before I took delivery got Fog Lamps (8K) and Reverse sensors (3K) installed. Without them the car is incomplete

I don't miss any other features that are their in an LTZ
Old 17th February 2012, 21:09   #833
BANNED

Wow!

56 Pages on your WA! Nice pictures and full of passion and happiness is seen on each of your posts and replies. Read the whole thread today!

I'm trying to cross 2 pages on my Ritz Thread.

Trying to convince dad to buy a Cruze LT as a replacement for the SX4.

Cheers!
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2012, 14:25   #834
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Trying to convince dad to buy a Cruze LT as a replacement for the SX4.Cheers!
Seeing the amount of miles you crunch, Cruze would be an apt car for you to enjoy your drives

Update ( Pre-25,000kms Service) :-

Have just returned from a 1600kms trip to goa couple of days back and my current odometer reading is 25,000kms.

I am happy to report the brakes still perform amazingly well and there is not even a single symptom of the brake bads being on its last legs.

I expect my current (1st) set of brake pads to last for another 5000kms atleast. Hopefully, thats what my service guys will tell me when I hand over the car to them for 25K kms service on March 1st.

During my onward journey to goa just after a couple of hundred kms, I faced a problem with the clutch which is still existing.

When I depress the clutch and engage the gear and leave the clutch, there is slight "kat" sound. This sound emanates each time I dis-engage the clutch. I got concerned and from the highway placed a call to my service manager and outlined the problem to him.

His words :-

Sir, dont worry its just the clutch spring noise. Just ignore and enjoy your trip and when you return to hyderabad, bring the car to us and we will spray a special liquid for this purpose which will eradicate that noise.

I stuck to his advice and got back home safe and sound with no issues. Will get this issue resolved during my 25K service day after tomorrow.

Any other Cruze owners faced a similar issue?
Old 28th February 2012, 14:52   #835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Guys,
If not same, is it an easy upgrade to match the system of LTZ?
I had posted the same question in official thread, but posting here as well due to an urgency.
I'm not sure about the older cars, but as of now the LT and the LTZ share the same music system including wiring and speakers.
Speaking as someone who got his Cruze a week ago, I'm a little disappointed with the music system to be honest. The system seems completely devoid of any punch or kick whatsoever. I'm comparing it to the Pioneer 6050 2-DIN + 6" coaxials (front) + 6x9 3-way (rear) I had in the Swift-D I just sold. That system was unamped but still sounded fantastic. Mids were crisp, highs were clear, and the lows were nice and tight but still extremely bassy.
I'm not a discohead / basshead, but I'd have preferred a system with some more punch.

Mobike... you said you recently did an ICE upgrade. What did you do and how is the sound post-upgrade?
Old 28th February 2012, 15:23   #836
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have just returned from a 1600kms trip to goa couple of days back and my current odometer reading is 25,000kms.
Wow!! 25K kms, in how much time Pandeyji ? 1.5 or 2 years?
I just finished 25K on my car in 3 years

Good that the Cruze is keeping you happy, and I am sure surprised that your brake pads are good still.
Please report back on what the SA feels about it.
Old 28th February 2012, 15:28   #837
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
Mobike... you said you recently did an ICE upgrade. What did you do and how is the sound post-upgrade?
Well, Iam not yet ready to spend money on ICE on the Cruze primarily for the reason that when you sit behind that steering wheel. Music takes a back-seat. Yeah, you guessed right, driving takes the front seat and I personally dont want too much of high-end music with heavy bass to disturb my concentration and deriving the pleasure when driving the Cruze.

I just got the system tweaked through an excellent ICE tuner and got a pair of TS-20 Pioneer tweeters fitted on B-pillar. After this minor tweak, the sound is much crisper and deeper which suits my current needs.

Whenever i am ready for a full fledge ICE. Will get a good system fitted. For now, I am good to go !!!
Old 28th February 2012, 15:43   #838
BHPian

Where have you fitted the tweeters on the B-pillar? Could you please post the pic of the same. Also would appreciate if you could throw some light on the tweaks which you got for the sound. Currently i have put all the parameters to max value i.e. 12.
Old 28th February 2012, 15:48   #839
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Wow!! 25K kms, in how much time Pandeyji ? 1.5 or 2 years?
1.5 years Pal!!!

You need to spend more time driving Manish, Seriously

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
Where have you fitted the tweeters on the B-pillar? Could you please post the pic of the same. Also would appreciate if you could throw some light on the tweaks which you got for the sound. Currently i have put all the parameters to max value i.e. 12.
Sure, will post a picture soon. He removed the system and god knows what he did but, the sound has improved quite a lot

And, LT DOES have rear speakers against my previous notion they dont and he tweaked them and now sound comes from rear speakers as well which was not the case in the past.
Old 28th February 2012, 16:12   #840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1.5 years Pal!!!

You need to spend more time driving Manish, Seriously
LOL!! No way!! I am fine with the pace I am going on.
For a PETROL car I am doing good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks