Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2011, 19:02   #751
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:The “White Annihilator” has arrived!!!! EDIT : 15,000kms Complete

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Glad that all is well for Lakshman

Please share the link of that thread and will edit it accordingly.

Here it is---page 1 has a post on Chevy:-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...cture-vin.html

Edit: I just saw that it has already been updated. Thanks!

Last edited by vnabhi : 20th August 2011 at 19:03.
Old 20th August 2011, 19:11   #752
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:The “White Annihilator” has arrived!!!! EDIT : 15,000kms Complete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
That gold cruze is definitely a killer in looks. But boy-o-boy, its emitting a hell lot of smoke, thanks to the remap i guess.
Yes you should have seen it during the DRAG. Emitting black smoke like a RTC bus! I guess the remap is flooding the chamber with fuel. May slight change in ignition timing with the same fuel levels would do the trick for proper combustion and bump the power up a bit as well!
Old 21st August 2011, 09:52   #753
MDe
BHPian

Quote:
Excellent. I will look out for these products at the bunks. Any specific bunk you know stock these products for sure?
Not a particular bunk that I remember. I had a salesman approach me at Shivam begumpet as well and at the hitec city bunk beside cyber pearl.

By the way, the gold one does look great here.
Old 30th August 2011, 20:09   #754
BHPian

Thank you, Mobike, for a wonderful thread on the Cruze. It helped me choose the Cruze as one of the contenders when I bought mine. A simple click of 'Thanks' would not have been enough.
SedatedDrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2011, 00:55   #755
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedatedDrive View Post
Thank you, Mobike, for a wonderful thread on the Cruze. It helped me choose the Cruze as one of the contenders when I bought mine. A simple click of 'Thanks' would not have been enough.
I am glad that my ownership thread helped in your selection. My 1-year ownership of this beast has been so boringly perfect that I dont have much to add on a regular basis.

Not that I am complaining
Old 7th September 2011, 14:09   #756
Distinguished - BHPian

Some great news for fellow Cruze owners :-

Cruze is now officially the top-selling mid-sized sedan in the world displacing the top slot owner for years Toyota Camry 4-months in a row in the US.

Cruze has sold 8,65,000 units since its launch in 2009

Apart from that, it has won the manafacturer championship 2nd year in a row

Chevrolet Media - Europe - News

Needless to say, it is a heartening news to all Cruze in particular and Chevy car owners in general as we all made our decision to buy the Cruze despite friends/family voting against it due to Chevy not being a reliable manafacturer and their A.S.S was also nothing to write home about at that point of time.

Guess, what it has displaced those apprehensions and that too how? In a thumping manner

Some links to read and bask in this glory

Chevrolet News - United States - News

Cruze knocks Camry out of best-selling car spot for June

Congrats to all Cruze owners......
Old 8th September 2011, 19:05   #757
BHPian

Quote:
Some great news for fellow Cruze owners :-

Cruze is now officially the top-selling mid-sized sedan in the world displacing the top slot owner for years Toyota Camry 4-months in a row in the US.

Congrats to all Cruze owners......
Congratulations to you too. This makes me even happier about my decision to buy the Cruze a few weeks ago, amidst lukewarm responses from those were consulted (other than the Chevrolet dealer of course ). Every car has its pros and cons, but I think Cruze is one of the most VFM diesel sedans in the segment. I am truly very happy with its performance so far.
Old 12th September 2011, 16:07   #758
BHPian

The 2011 Chevrolet Cruze has an "Automatic Inside Rear View Mirror". The description in the brochure says (on page 9 of the attached pdf file):

Quote:
Never take your hands off the steering wheel with an automatic mirror adjuster on your steering wheel.
What's automatic about the mirror, and where from on the steering wheel is the adjustment possible? My dealer said this is probably a misprint, and that I have to still use my hands to reposition the mirror. He added that there's a light sensor on top of the mirror which will adjust the brightness based on whether its day time or night time. I do see a sensor, but I don't understand how the glare can be adaptively adjusted.
Old 12th September 2011, 17:03   #759
Senior - BHPian

What the brochure probably means is auto-glare adjustment. The sensor will adjust the prism inside the mirror to automatically cut the glare once it senses bright light hitting it.
Old 12th September 2011, 18:35   #760
BHPian

Sorry, I forgot to attach the pdf file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
What the brochure probably means is auto-glare adjustment. The sensor will adjust the prism inside the mirror to automatically cut the glare once it senses bright light hitting it.
Interesting, and what am I supposed to adjust from the steering wheel (and how?).
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Chevrolet_Cruze.pdf (1.83 MB, 1097 views)

Last edited by mobike008 : 13th September 2011 at 17:16. Reason: Back to back posts. Please wait for 30 Mins before next post or use EDIT button to make changes to existing post.
Old 19th September 2011, 11:57   #761
BHPian

Sometimes when we are faced with heavy glare from the rear view mirror we are forced to change its angle to remove the glare, thereby having to take our hands off the steering wheel momentarily. This is now made unnecessary with the Anti-Glare Auto Adjustment feature. This is what is meant by the brochure.

The effectiveness of the feature is however an entirely different story.
Old 26th September 2011, 14:57   #762
Distinguished - BHPian

My smooth run with WA encountered a slight hurdle and all due to its soft compound tyres.

Last week before starting to work noticed the FL tyre slightly low on air pressure, when i pressed the tyre it seemed hard so not a full puncture.

As I was getting late for work, took the i10 and in evening changed to spare tyre and went to Mohan Chandra to get the tyre repaired.

They checked the tyre and when it was dipped in water to check the puncture there were 2 very small punctures right next to each other and it was so small, not even visible. Got them stickered and they noted the air still passing through.

Option 1: Replace the tyre which is obviously a costly affair.

Option 2 : Add a tube to a tubeless tyre. I never experienced this before but, since it was a cheaper solution ( atleast for the moment) I added the tube which costed Rs.550 after making sure ample amount of powder was added to the inside of the tyre.

After topping it up with Nitrogen, put it back in boot as a spare.

Now my queries :-

1) When i will eventually put that tyre on the car. Is it safe to do high speeds with a tubeless tyre with a tube inside it?

2) I was told in event of a puncture to that tyre. I need to stop immediately and not continue to drive as usually is possible with a tubeless tyre.

I have two 1000+km drives coming up in October, so need to be really sure.

Any other inputs would also be appreciated !
Old 26th September 2011, 18:03   #763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008
My smooth run with WA encountered a slight hurdle and all due to its soft compound tyres.

Last week before starting to work noticed the FL tyre slightly low on air pressure, when i pressed the tyre it seemed hard so not a full puncture.

As I was getting late for work, took the i10 and in evening changed to spare tyre and went to Mohan Chandra to get the tyre repaired.

They checked the tyre and when it was dipped in water to check the puncture there were 2 very small punctures right next to each other and it was so small, not even visible. Got them stickered and they noted the air still passing through.

Option 2 : Add a tube to a tubeless tyre. I never experienced this before but, since it was a cheaper solution ( atleast for the moment) I added the tube which costed Rs.550 after making sure ample amount of powder was added to the inside of the tyre.

1) When i will eventually put that tyre on the car. Is it safe to do high speeds with a tubeless tyre with a tube inside it?

2) I was told in event of a puncture to that tyre. I need to stop immediately and not continue to drive as usually is possible with a tubeless tyre.

Driving with tubeless tires on long journeys is always an issue. In case of a puncture the tyre deflates immediately and you will have to stop right away and replace the tyre.

Immediate solution if you do not want to spend on a new tyre is, use the tyre with tube as spare tyre.

I have had bad experiences in long drives with tube tyres in the Skoda.

Since then I have been very particular that I drive only with tubeless tires.

High speeds also is a tricky issue with tube tires.

I meant driving with tube tires on long journeys.....

Last edited by Vid6639 : 26th September 2011 at 18:27.
Old 26th September 2011, 23:55   #764
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I am no expert but here's what I would do:

1. Use the tyre with the tube as spare.
2. Use the four tubeless tyres on the wheels.
3. Buy a working 12V electric inflator pump from a tyre shop (or order from flipkart / ebay). It's a life saver.

Once, in Hrishikesh with Mom / Sister / Baby / Maid, I had a flat and the OE spanner provided by Fiat could not open the tyre. It was only due to the pump that I could move to a shop who finally opened the tyre using what is locally known as a "goti" and a "paana" at 10.30 PM. Needless to say, I have a "19 no. goti" and "paana" in my car now.

With the pump, you can utilise the tubeless tyre's slow deflating properties and reach a place that's safe and tyres are available (worst case in case spare fails as well).

For complete peace of mind, new tyre, probably as spare, which means you only need 4 new tyres next time.
Old 27th September 2011, 00:38   #765
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Why did you put a tube in a tubeless tyre? Tubeless tyres aren't designed for tubes. Wasn't the puncture patched up, with the tubeless tyre repair kit? I mean if it was a small puncture, and not something like a sidewall tear you can continue using that same tyre without any issues. I've had a 2-3 punctures on my Accord, and I'm stilll using those tyres, and I've driven them hard and at high speeds, so there is no issue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks