Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2011, 15:16   #601
BHPian

re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!

Avinash, its great to see the attitude of Chevy and their dealers. However, no such camp here.

Meanwhile, I too am enjoying my wife's vehicle and in the process, scrapped the left side on a few occasions due to mis-judged width. Now that my wife will be driving this regularly, I have been requested (read ordered) to get these fixed else she will not touch the thing.

I am posting a few pictures and if possible, would appreciate if someone can estimate the amount of money that I would be paying to get these fixed. I want to prepare myself for the bomb that the service center will explode on me.
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-p1030036.jpg

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-p1030037.jpg

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-p1030038.jpg

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-p1030039.jpg

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-p1030040.jpg

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-p1030045.jpg

Inputs will be appreciated.
Old 15th April 2011, 15:40   #602
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!

Sumit, those scratches dont seem that bad except for the 4th picture from top.

If you have a friendly garage who have a good reputation for paint work like we have here in Hyderabad. This can be taken care in < 5K. But, if you approach Chevy or for that matter any company dealership will straight away suggest removing entire door/panel and repainting the whole thing which will cost a bomb for sure. Easily 2 times of cost that i mentioned.

I recommend look out for a good paintwork garage and get them touched up as they are in nookies and corners and wont be too visible to naked eye, except for the 4th picture area which needs a little more attention to detail.
Old 15th April 2011, 15:45   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Sumit, those scratches dont seem that bad except for the 4th picture from top.

If you have a friendly garage who have a good reputation for paint work like we have here in Hyderabad. This can be taken care in < 5K. But, if you approach Chevy or for that matter any company dealership will straight away suggest removing entire door/panel and repainting the whole thing which will cost a bomb for sure. Easily 2 times of cost that i mentioned.

I recommend look out for a good paintwork garage and get them touched up as they are in nookies and corners and wont be too visible to naked eye, except for the 4th picture area which needs a little more attention to detail.
Thank you for the prompt response. I read somewhere that the panels for the Cruze are not that expensive. However, with an authorized dealership, one never knows. The problem is that I inquired from a few body shops and they cannot replicate the Diamond White color and have recommended the authorized center. If it goes above 10k, I will opt for the insurance. Lets see how it goes.
Old 15th April 2011, 15:53   #604
anb
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Avinash,
I am posting a few pictures and if possible, would appreciate if someone can estimate the amount of money that I would be paying to get these fixed. I want to prepare myself for the bomb that the service center will explode on me..
My diamond white cruze also has similar scratches in rear door and front bumper. When I asked the service center, they told the estimated cost would be around 4-5K and the rear door and front has to be painted fully. I also inquired from a few body shops and got the same reply.

Last edited by anb : 15th April 2011 at 15:55.
Old 15th April 2011, 17:55   #605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Brilliant Car overall. Im really tempted to buy one and im convinced no other car offers more for the money.... But But.. Cant get myself to shift my loyalties from Honda to Chevy ! The Sport in me says its a fast awesome car and the brand conscious me says its a Chevy !! (and a daewoo in disguise).
Chevy has much higher brand/snob value compared to Maruti and Hyundai both of whom struggle to sell anything costing more than 8 lakhs.
Old 10th May 2011, 17:12   #606
Distinguished - BHPian

Yet another FE Update :

My last tankful was a miracle to say the least. With spirited driving from the moment car starts up to some horrendous bumper to bumper patches during my daily drive with AC never being switched off, I got a eye-popping 12.50 KMPL for the first time ever.

Like always, used the tankful to tankful method and never fill even an extra drop after the auto-cut off comes on.

The popping sound came on at 48.20L with the trip meter grinning back at me at 601kms of dabbling in city traffic translating to roughly 12.50KMPL.

This is what i call total bang for a buck

P.S: I noted yesterday that light in my glovebox does not come on. Perhaps, the bulb went for a toss. Whatever, will get it fixed during my first paid service which is due in about 1000 odd kms.
Old 11th May 2011, 08:49   #607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Yet another FE Update :

My last tankful was a miracle to say the least. With spirited driving from the moment car starts up to some horrendous bumper to bumper patches during my daily drive with AC never being switched off, I got a eye-popping 12.50 KMPL for the first time ever.
I'm not surprised at all. I've done over 21,000 kms and got a life time mileage of 13.3 KMPL in my Cruze AT. Of course, I drive pretty sedately and use cruise control most of the time on highways. In fact, the mileage after the 10,000 kms service has gone up to 12.5 KMPL in BLR and 15 KMPL on highways. In fact, every time I fill the tank on a highway, the DTE reads 910 to 930 Kms.
Old 11th May 2011, 20:56   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narendra_urs View Post
I'm not surprised at all. I've done over 21,000 kms and got a life time mileage of 13.3 KMPL in my Cruze AT. Of course, I drive pretty sedately and use cruise control most of the time on highways. In fact, the mileage after the 10,000 kms service has gone up to 12.5 KMPL in BLR and 15 KMPL on highways. In fact, every time I fill the tank on a highway, the DTE reads 910 to 930 Kms.
Great mileage figures but I dont know whats the problem with my Cruze AT then???.
It gives me 8-9kmpl in city however on the highway its a healthy 14-15
The DTE shows 500-530 initially and if I go on the highway it obviously increases
Old 11th May 2011, 21:12   #609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by np23 View Post
Great mileage figures but I dont know whats the problem with my Cruze AT then???.
It gives me 8-9kmpl in city however on the highway its a healthy 14-15
The DTE shows 500-530 initially and if I go on the highway it obviously increases
I too am getting a dismal 8.6 kmpl consistently on the AT in the city. The vehicle is driven exclusively in the city and thus I don't know how much it would give me on the highway!
Old 14th May 2011, 16:00   #610

I too am getting a dismal 8 kmpl in the city on my AT. Have not yet taken this to the highway, because I never got an opportunity to. After buying it, I went out of town for 2 months. Its been 6 months all together now. I would also like to know what are the precautions to be taken in the first service. I have heard that the mileage increases after the first service. What to these guys do? Any ideas. Please advise me since I am sending this car to the service station next week. Thanks in advance. You may send me a direct message also sicne it would be easier for me to access and read on my phone.
Old 14th May 2011, 19:39   #611
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvtosh View Post
I too am getting a dismal 8 kmpl in the city on my AT. Have not yet taken this to the highway, because I never got an opportunity to. I have heard that the mileage increases after the first service. What to these guys do? Any ideas.
FE would certainly increase after the first service, like most other cars around. I believe you can expect FE @ 10kmpl in and around Bombay like a few of my friends are.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2011, 21:03   #612

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
FE would certainly increase after the first service, like most other cars around. I believe you can expect FE @ 10kmpl in and around Bombay like a few of my friends are.
But what exactly do these guys do. What do I tell them to do to the car. I am a complete idiot when it comes to these things. Learning slowly. Many thanks for your responses.
Old 14th May 2011, 21:06   #613
BHPian

Quote:
I too am getting a dismal 8 kmpl in the city on my AT. Have not yet taken this to the highway, because I never got an opportunity to. After buying it, I went out of town for 2 months. Its been 6 months all together now. I would also like to know what are the precautions to be taken in the first service. I have heard that the mileage increases after the first service. What to these guys do? Any ideas. Please advise me since I am sending this car to the service station next week. Thanks in advance. You may send me a direct message also sicne it would be easier for me to access and read on my phone.
FE will definitely increase but not by much but considering the fact that you and I drive in Delhi & Bombay traffic hours , I guess 8kmpl is acceptable though still less than desired.
In the 1st service just ensure the regular checks up are taken care of and the fuel levels checked
np23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2011, 22:04   #614
BHPian

My new Chevy Cruze LTZ AT is giving 8.8 kmpl, its just a week old though. Is there any reason to worry abt it?
Or, first servicing of 1000 kms should fix it? I have another 500 kms to clock to reach.
Old 15th May 2011, 13:37   #615
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
8kmpl in city indeed seems quite low. I would expect it to be roughly 2kmpl lesser than the manual version. Mine gives consistently 11.50kmpl in city conditions with every km driven in spirited fashion

1st, 2nd services are just general check-ups and not a real service per se. So please dont expect dramatic changes to FE after the 1st service. Such expectations can happen only after the first oil change happens which is at 15,000kms.

My recommendations :

1. Change the petrol bunk where you getting your fill and keep an eye on the meter when they fuel up

2. Maintain correct tyre pressure. I use nitrogen and check pressure once a month. I use 32psi in all 4 tyres.

3. Try driving it in open stretches instead of the regular bumper to bumper to see if there is any improvement

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I disagree. They dont do anything at 1st service so FE does not change at all.

Quote:
But what exactly do these guys do. What do I tell them to do to the car. I am a complete idiot when it comes to these things. Learning slowly. Many thanks for your responses.
They do a general check-up. But, during this service its the right time to make friends with the SA and share your FE story and tell them if they can do something to improve it. I doubt they will do anything but, nothing wrong in trying it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_sinha View Post
My new Chevy Cruze LTZ AT is giving 8.8 kmpl, its just a week old though. Is there any reason to worry abt it?
Or, first servicing of 1000 kms should fix it? I have another 500 kms to clock to reach.
No reason to worry at all. Do keep a check on all points that i mentioned above and hopefully, it should increase.

Finally, Oh yeah, take that heavy foot of the accelarator once in a while

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks