Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2011, 11:58   #721
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:The “White Annihilator” has arrived!!!! EDIT : 15,000kms Complete

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
hi, i got my magnum stock alloys painted golden. if you check my bhp garage you can see the pics.
Total cost was RS 900/- for all 5 alloys (painted 2 years back and color is still intact)
Excellent. This is the exact color shade that I am looking at for the alloys. Not sure how it would look on the olympic white cruze. It's going pretty good with your Optra since its a diamond white color.

Any clue about the color shade name? Was it done by a proper garage or some small outlet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane78 View Post
1. The same golden color that you see on a blue Subaru Impreza. That color is also similar to the Chevy Logo color

Avi for the WA this choice of yours ^^ is excellent and would gel well with the white.

2. All black. Matt or Shiny. Not clear

I was thinking of getting the Matt black for Maverick-2 on the alloys.
Thanks. White Scorpio with matt black alloys would look wicked. Go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
My advice is to get it painted gunmetal. It will look the best. Gold or something firstly wont look good on any alloy design, and secondly I think it will be more difficult to get a proper gold finish. Ill try and photoshop gunmetal for you.
Thanks for the photoshop images Akshay....If you look at Dockap Optra, that color is so nice and hoping it may just go with the white cruze

If that doesnt go well. Black or Gun-Metal is back up option

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajwasingh View Post
hi mobike got my cruze serviced yesterday total damages rs 6500 including diesel filter and tuning which they hooked a laptop to the car and then drove it ,and did some retuning after that turbolag has reduced significantly
Congrats! Yes, after the oil change service there is a significant "different feel" to the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanstorm View Post
Avinash, Please help me on figuring out how to use the Multi Information Dispalays in Cruze LT? The right hand stalk does not have the push mechanism as suggested in Manual. Currently the digital display showing a) total kms b) odometer
I am sorry to say. None of the listed features are supported in LT.

That push mechanism in the stalk is a dummy for LT and works in LTZ.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2011, 12:13   #722
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:The “White Annihilator” has arrived!!!! EDIT : 15,000kms Complete

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Btw, I just realized "White Annihilator" has completed its 1-year last saturday and currently stands at an odo reading of 16,400kms

It has been an awesome experience owning this beast. Not a single moment of regret !!!!
Congrats mobike008 on completing one year with the Annihilator!! No wonder, it's been an awesome experience for you. IMHO, Cruze is built to perfection (almost). If and when I have this car in my garage, I would virtually stop ogling at other cars on the road, be it a Beamer or the one with the 4 circles.

Wishing you many more happy miles with the beast! Dude, upload some latest photos of your annihilator. Its always a drool material.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2011, 13:16   #723
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Congrats mobike008 on completing one year with the Annihilator!! No wonder, it's been an awesome experience for you. IMHO, Cruze is built to perfection (almost). If and when I have this car in my garage, I would virtually stop ogling at other cars on the road, be it a Beamer or the one with the 4 circles.

Wishing you many more happy miles with the beast! Dude, upload some latest photos of your annihilator. Its always a drool material.
Yup, No other car from outside looks as good looking as the Cruze atleast till the C+ segment and some may feel it looks better than a 3-series as well but, not better than the 5 series + onwards for sure..

I did exactly that. Stopped ogling at other cars as I am now the one who is being ogled

Wanted to post some latest pictures of WA but, a combination of laziness and work stopped me from doing it.

However, keep a watch on this thread. A one-year tribute pictures (lots of 'em) will come up on this thread on Monday/Tuesday of next week
Old 9th August 2011, 12:28   #724
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dude, upload some latest photos of your annihilator. Its always a drool material.
OK, Here are some latest pictures taken on Sunday during a tbhp drive meet to NSD.

WA after long time got an opportunity to stretch its legs. The total distance covered was 425kms that one day and was driving quite sedately with speeds ranging between 120kmph-140kmph with a few bursts to 170kmph wherever there was a flat straight with good visibility.

While returning took the ORR back home even though it was much bigger detour as I had to drop my foreigner friends to their guest house. On this stretch the WA crossed the magic number

And, here is the surprised part, got an oustanding mileage of ~16KMPL and this was the first time ever that i crossed the 14KMPL FE on the highway.

Currently, the odo reading is about to hit the 17,000kms mark.

Now for some pictures to commemorate WA's 1st birthday. Didnt get too many opportunities due many reasons and this was the best that I could do for the pics.

Hope you like them

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-dsc_7850.jpg

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_0616.jpg

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-dsc_7827.jpg

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-dsc_7847.jpg

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-dsc_7849.jpg

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-dsc_7876.jpg

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_0613.jpg

This is a lovely group picture taken with a wide angle. Your's truly in Orange T-shirt preening in front of WA

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_3039.jpg
Old 9th August 2011, 12:42   #725
Senior - BHPian

Yay!!! I am glad that two of my pics made it to your ownership thread.
I am looking at some tools to improvise on them and post it on the auto-image thread.
Any comments on the pics?
Old 9th August 2011, 12:56   #726
BHPian

I just drove this car last week for the first time and I was blown by the classy interiors.. Amazing. The dash with chrome finish. The subtle seat belt warning, and the pull at approx 1600 rpm is just amazing..
Old 9th August 2011, 13:17   #727
Senior - BHPian

Thanks mobike008.

Those are lovely pics. WA looks stunning from any and every angle. Just on OT question: Which would have been the colour of your A, if there was no white? My most favourite colour on Cruze is the Sanddrift Grey.

Are you planning on any gifts for your WA on the occasion of 1st b'day?

Wishing you many happy miles !

Cheers!!
Old 9th August 2011, 14:03   #728
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
I am looking at some tools to improvise on them and post it on the auto-image thread.Any comments on the pics?
I like the close up side angle picture. But, it has come out too bright. You could play a little bit with contrast to make it stand out even further.

I use Picasa for minor tweaks to my pictures. I am in no mood to learn a complicated tool like Photoshop

Quote:
Just on OT question: Which would have been the colour of your A, if there was no white? My most favourite colour on Cruze is the Sanddrift Grey.
Well, if it was not Olympic White then following would be my automatic next choice. Below are someof my opinions of existing colors of Cruze. In sequential order

Black : If maintained well will look extremely attractive on the Cruze

Maroon : Same as above

With regards to rest of the colors :-

Atlantis Blue and other blue shade looks good when its new.However, after sometime the car with that shade does not stand out as much.

Diamond White, this color is the least that I like on the Cruze. This color looks best on Optra

Sandrift Grey is a nice color but, it comes after White, Black, Maroon

Quote:
Are you planning on any gifts for your WA on the occasion of 1st b'day? Wishing you many happy miles !
Well, have quite a few things planned like adding some decent speakers, color the existing alloys, maybe a spoiler and a few other cosmetic mods etc. But, time is a constraint. Will get it done when time and mood permits.
Old 9th August 2011, 14:19   #729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I use Picasa for minor tweaks to my pictures. I am in no mood to learn a complicated tool like Photoshop
PS is overkill but since you shoot with a DSLR I'll recommend something like Lightroom. Much better than Picasa, without the unnecessary overhead of PS for basic stuff like fine-grained contrast adjustments. Anyway, we digress.

Quote:
Black : If maintained well will look extremely attractive on the Cruze
Somehow I think White suits the Cruze better. I've seen a few black Cruzes and they don't look as imposing as a white one. Just my feeling, though.

You forgot that awful Champagne Gold or something. Hideous colour if there ever was one. Perhaps it's good you didn't even mention it.

Quote:
Well, have quite a few things planned like adding some decent speakers, color the existing alloys, maybe a spoiler and a few other cosmetic mods etc.
And a windscreen film.

Regards,
spadix
Old 9th August 2011, 20:02   #730
Senior - BHPian

Just read this news:

"GM overtakes Toyota as world's largest auto maker" and guess what, Chevy Cruze is the highest selling model for GM. Here's an excerpt from the news:

"The reports mentioned that GM’s US sales climbed to 669,065 vehicles in the second quarter, according to industry data and the Chevrolet Cruze was the top-selling car in the market in June and the Chevy Silverado full-size pickup remained the second- most popular vehicle, behind only Ford Motor Co.’s F-Series line, it was mentioned..."

Here's the full news:
GM overtakes Toyota as the world's largest auto maker after first six month sales - Yahoo!
Old 9th August 2011, 22:54   #731
BHPian

@Mobike008,

Mate-I had been reading your thread since my non BHPian days. Now I am a full bloom BHPian-but still have not posted an appreciation there. Sorry for the belated post.

Hope you are getting the proper dose of adrenalin blast on daily basis.

Will keep following your manoeuvres on daily basis now and send in my humbles "ohs!" and "ahs!" Hope acceptable.

Regards,charthom.
Old 10th August 2011, 09:34   #732
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
"The reports mentioned that GM’s US sales climbed to 669,065 vehicles in the second quarter, according to industry data and the Chevrolet Cruze was the top-selling car in the market in June and the Chevy Silverado full-size pickup remained the second- most popular vehicle, behind only Ford Motor Co.’s F-Series line, it was mentioned..."

Here's the full news:
GM overtakes Toyota as the world's largest auto maker after first six month sales - Yahoo!
Thanks for sharing this news Ajay. It's indeed heartening to see that GM has recovered back so quickly to lead the sales in the first half. However, I feel its primarily due to the halted production in Toyoto due to the Tsunami. If they still lead at end of the year, it would be even more awesome.

But, still kudos to GM and a bigger kudo to Cruze to help GM get there

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
@Mobike008,

Mate-I had been reading your thread since my non BHPian days. Now I am a full bloom BHPian-but still have not posted an appreciation there. Sorry for the belated post.

Hope you are getting the proper dose of adrenalin blast on daily basis.

Will keep following your manoeuvres on daily basis now and send in my humbles "ohs!" and "ahs!" Hope acceptable.

Regards,charthom.
Ah! This has to be one of the best compliments. Mucho Gracias!!!

Yup! I am totally addicted to my daily adrenalin blast but, problem with driving a Cruze is whenever I drive any other car, i automatically start comparing it with Cruze and dont enjoy that drive for pure reasons that car being lower powered

I know that isnt fair.

But, after driving the Cruze, you can be assured that you will be completely smitten
Old 11th August 2011, 18:18   #733
MDe
BHPian

Congrats Avi on completion of 1 year. Lovely pics as well. Good to hear an FE of 16. Thats completely outstanding. I have been been getting FEs of 10-10.5 in the city all this while and have never exceeded 12. Not sure if it is my driving or the city traffic.
Old 13th August 2011, 12:27   #734
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDe View Post
Congrats Avi on completion of 1 year. Lovely pics as well. Good to hear an FE of 16. Thats completely outstanding. I have been been getting FEs of 10-10.5 in the city all this while and have never exceeded 12. Not sure if it is my driving or the city traffic.
Thanks. My city FE till date has never crossed 12kmpl.

And, I consistently get a city FE of 11kmpl-11.50kmpl with 100% AC and 100% city conditions, as I measure FE for every tankful

On highways, including my long trip north last december. I never crossed 14kmpl so this figure was heartening to note.

Earlier this week while going home from work, I was on the Mehdipatnam road and just after Tolichowki a small incident happened and shook me for a little while.

Due to heavy traffic, I was going sedately at about 40kmph and in right most lane to divider. One biker squeezed through my right and overtook me and that particular divider ended for folks to take U-turn and within 10 meters another started and at begining of that divider there was some construction work going on for that divider and this biker overtakes me and god knows what happened to him, he goes in full speed and rams into the divider and he falls on other side of the road and bike fell right in path of WA.

All this happened in a jiffy and my natural reaction was to panic brake and swerve left and thankfully missed the bike. However, due to my sudden braking ( Cruze brakes react a bit too fast sometimes for our good) I think a biker banged into me with a very LOUD noise. THUD !

That noise jump started my heart into my mouth but, since that spot was used for U-turn there was lot of traffic, the momentarily stop helped me to scan that biker who fell on other side was fine including the one who hit me from behind. So, din't see a point to stop and continued driving hoping the worse in terms of damage to the bumper.

I stopped after a km when the traffic eased out and pulled over to side of road to check the damages. Surprisingly, there was not a inch of damage to the bumper but, when i checked a little ahead on the rear left door, there were couple of "small" scratch marks. Whew! I was damn relieved but, still not able to figure out who it happened on the rear door. I took a picture from phone but, deleted it as I didnt want to keep bad memories. Besides, it was just two small scratches.

This just went on to prove that Cruze is a very well built car and despite someone crashing into it with such an impact, nothing happened. Kudos to the "The Tank"

I was driving back home, slightly gloomy after this incident and when I reached home there was a courier waiting at home.

When I opened the package, it wiped that gloominess way as Tom Tom had sent me another "upgraded map data" bigger (5 inch) device for further testing.

New Bigger Screen Device

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img2011080500157.jpg

Comparison of 4.3" VS 5" screen

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img2011080500160.jpg
Old 13th August 2011, 14:47   #735
MDe
BHPian

Good to hear that it was just scratches. Did you ever use any scratch removing liquids that get sold at petrol bunks by some salesmen. I had bought one long back and it has helped me big time in getting rid of some unwanted scratches that had happened. 2 big ones were by the valet staff of Hard Rock cafe. But all of them were cleaned with a lot of patience and careful application of the scratch remover. Paint is still fine and I used the shine polish on it so it is all back to original. Cant avoid all the rash bikers who keep trying to squeeze in from both sides. Has been a constant pain for me in my daily drives.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks