Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2011, 14:45   #541
BHPian

re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!

Nice pics mobike - The stock model has a definite charm indeed. yours look just as new!

and congrats MDe!
Old 8th March 2011, 16:14   #542
MDe
BHPian

re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!

@SubuS : Thanks Mate
@Avinash: So Kishore did pass the news to you . Anyway, on first looks, the display panel size has increased to the size that was earlier only in LTZ. The seats are black in color and of course ACC and steering mounted controls were fun. I couldnt take it yesterday as they were ready to give it in second half when I had a lot of meetings. Trust me, I couldnt sleep well last night with all the excitement. Delivery hardly took 30 mins. I will put the details up soon. Do let me know if I can continue on your thread or get a new one.
Old 8th March 2011, 16:46   #543
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDe View Post
Do let me know if I can continue on your thread or get a new one.
Congrats on the delivery

I strongly recommend you christen your car first and start a brand new thread with detailed initial ownership review with pictures and your feedback including the buying and dealership experience.

After all, everyone has a right to own a dedicated thread which can form part of memories over the years
Old 11th March 2011, 15:45   #544
MDe
BHPian

Thanks Avinash.

I am playing around with the options on the car but could not find an option to get additional information in the "Driver Information Center". Currently I only see the trip meter info and I do not even know if it has any other options (fuel consumption/average speed etc) available. The manual also does not tell anything about it. Looks like the manual is made for some other models that have a "menu" button on the turn indicator stick. Please let me know if you have any other options on the DIC in your car and how can I access it
Old 12th March 2011, 14:07   #545
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDe View Post
Looks like the manual is made for some other models that have a "menu" button on the turn indicator stick. Please let me know if you have any other options on the DIC in your car and how can I access it
Yeah, the manual is made for cars released in Thailand thats why you see also the options for a Petrol Cruze. And, let me break the bad news gently. Unfortunately LT does not provide information releated to FE Consumption/ Fuel Left-over etc. That's part of LTZ
Old 15th March 2011, 21:02   #546

Hi my chevy cruze AT also is not dead straight i got the alignment done a number of times yet it continues to deviate to the left
did your issue get solved cause its very annoying when it keeps going to the left even at slow speeds
please advise as i really want to get this sorted .My AT has done 17500 kms
cheers
zain

Last edited by mobike008 : 16th March 2011 at 11:21. Reason: Incorrect quote so removed it.
Old 16th March 2011, 11:26   #547
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainr View Post
Hi my chevy cruze AT also is not dead straight i got the alignment done a number of times yet it continues to deviate to the left. did your issue get solved cause its very annoying when it keeps going to the left even at slow speeds
please advise as i really want to get this sorted .My AT has done 17500 kms
I think you misunderstood the problem. I dont have any issues with the car swerving to left. It goes absolutely straight even if I leave my hands from wheel.

Problem is when the car is going arrow straight, the angle of the steering wheel is slightly towards left side instead of straight angle where the chevy logo is perfectly straight, if you know what i mean.

Been busy at work, will visit the service center this weekend and show it to them. Its not a problem but, a minor irritant ( maybe even psychological)
Old 16th March 2011, 13:48   #548
BHPian

Happened in the Getz too when I gave it for wheel alignment. The steering at straight ahead is tilted slightly to the left. I then tried aligning the steering in straight ahead position, but unsuccessful after 3 tries. Will have to try again.
Old 16th March 2011, 15:28   #549
Senior - BHPian

this is how my mechanic aligned the steering wheel in my Padmini - he used a "range" to loosen the hub nut > drive slowly in a straight line in an empty road > pull out the steering wheel and aligned it > stopped the car > tightened the hub nut, horn button and wallah!
Old 19th March 2011, 13:29   #550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I think you misunderstood the problem. I dont have any issues with the car swerving to left. It goes absolutely straight even if I leave my hands from wheel.

Problem is when the car is going arrow straight, the angle of the steering wheel is slightly towards left side instead of straight angle where the chevy logo is perfectly straight, if you know what i mean.

Been busy at work, will visit the service center this weekend and show it to them. Its not a problem but, a minor irritant ( maybe even psychological)
Hi,
Hope you are having a rocking time with your WA AT. I bought the same few months back and even two main problem in my car. Would like to know your opinions about it and would be grateful is some one from the forum can guide me for the same. The problems are:-

1. Continuous humming noise from Tyres @ 40kmph speed :- I have flagged this issue with GM service experts many a times and they have only one answer to the same and that is this kind of noise comes in all Chevy Cruze and there is nothing that they can do about it.... However this noise really irritates me every day. Pls suggest how to get rid of this.

2. Second problem is of allignment. I have been facing this since the time I go the delivery. Initially the car use to perpetually use to go towards left and use to cause lots of strain in my wrist. GM service guys rectified it and now it has started going towards the right side.
Pls suggest how to get rid of these problems.
Old 23rd March 2011, 13:15   #551
BHPian

Hi

Noise is becuase of JK Tyres and the Company knows about the problem very much. They must have had a long term contracts with JK that's the reason company is not changing the OE fitment tyres. You change the tyres then you will reduce the noise and increase in driving comfort and stability.

when i spoke to The showroom folks about the Tyre issue and they said its an on going issue and company is very much aware of this...

My cousin also has CRUZE LT and he told me becuase of JK tyres his alignment is not very good. Though he goes to alignment shop frequently when he had JK tyres. He changed the tyres to Pirelli and now he is not getting the tyre alignment problems.
Old 23rd March 2011, 13:49   #552
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It goes absolutely straight even if I leave my hands from wheel.
This problem is called "steering centre pinning" - Solution: Car is driven straight the angle of deviation is noted (just a visible note) and then after parking the car, the steering is turned to the position in which it remains while going straight, then the steering needs to be removed from the shaft after removing the horn button (very carefully in a car with Airbags - where is a much more speciallized job) and then finally the steering is mounted back in the straight position.

This is expected to be taken care of (if required) while allignment is done, and if not then it is indicative of poor care during the process.
Old 23rd March 2011, 14:12   #553
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
this is how my mechanic aligned the steering wheel in my Padmini - he used a "range" to loosen the hub nut > drive slowly in a straight line in an empty road > pull out the steering wheel and aligned it > stopped the car > tightened the hub nut, horn button and wallah!
Pretty unique way to set the steering position straight. But, I guess its not going to be that easy with modern cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_nv View Post
1. Continuous humming noise from Tyres @ 40kmph speed :- I have flagged this issue with GM service experts many a times and they have only one answer to the same and that is this kind of noise comes in all Chevy Cruze and there is nothing that they can do about it.... However this noise really irritates me every day. Pls suggest how to get rid of this.

2. Second problem is of allignment. I have been facing this since the time I go the delivery. Initially the car use to perpetually use to go towards left and use to cause lots of strain in my wrist. GM service guys rectified it and now it has started going towards the right side.
Pls suggest how to get rid of these problems.
The tyre noise is due to the JK Vectra's. I drove it for 200kms when I bought it before replacing them with CPC2. The noise has reduced to almost 90%. Their is absolutely no noise of tyres in cabin even at high speeds.

With regards to alignment, I am not facing that problem. Its been advised to go to a reputed wheel alignment and balance store to get it sorted out as company people seem to be callous in this matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
This problem is called "steering centre pinning" - Solution: Car is driven straight the angle of deviation is noted (just a visible note) and then after parking the car, the steering is turned to the position in which it remains while going straight, then the steering needs to be removed from the shaft after removing the horn button (very carefully in a car with Airbags - where is a much more speciallized job) and then finally the steering is mounted back in the straight position.
Thanks ACM. You have been successful in outlining my existing problem verbatim. However, like i mentioned its a slight irritant and not a worry. Due to this problem will the alignment/wheel balance or the life of tyres reduce? I dont think so but, would you know for sure?

I am apprehensive of allowing the GM folks to removing the steering wheel and tamper with it. Who knows after they go through that process, some additional problems may crop up.

I reckon will wait and watch for time being.
Old 23rd March 2011, 15:30   #554
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pretty unique way to set the steering position straight. But, I guess its not going to be that easy with modern cars
Ooops! i forgot that your car comes with electronic gadgets and airbag module in the steering wheel. My Padmini / Palio doesn't have these gizmos. Sorry.

but, there is a way to get it straight. take the car to an alignment / wheel balancing shop - ask them to align it - now when they check the "steering centre thingy", ask them to switch off the car & open the horn button - open the hub lock and align the steering wheel and bolt back the hub lock and fix the horn switch.

Last edited by planet_rocker : 23rd March 2011 at 15:32.
Old 23rd March 2011, 17:13   #555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post

This is expected to be taken care of (if required) while allignment is done, and if not then it is indicative of poor care during the process.
Any idea why it happens in the first place. Even my Fiesta has the same irritating issue. Plan to get it checked when I go for the next oil change to the service station.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks