Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2014, 07:43   #1051
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
-> All sensor scan
Could be that the ECU was hooked to a OBD tool to check for errors and troubles. Did you report any issue of malfunction or anything?

Never have I seen any ASC charging for regular OBD checks.

Quote:
-> fuel tank cleaning
Was this done in response to get the fuel gauge working? If yes, then don't think it'll help.

Quote:
-> HLC pressure test & lubrication = Rs. 700
What on earth is this job?

Quote:
-> throttle body cleaning = Rs. 350
Why but?! Did you feel any sluggishness or loss or post and FE?

Quote:
I feel like I should write a complaint to showroom though I have posted about this on Honda's fb page.
Please do. Don't think so much. After seeing the works conducted do write a strong mail.

Quote:
All sensor scan+ Both brake cleaning + fuel tank cleaning
All these seem unnecessary unless you have reported any issue which I don't think you would have so the SA would have just included it in job card and robbed you.

Are any of the above mentioned in the owners manual maintenence schedule @ 25K kms?

Ask for a refund for the above jobs done on your car.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 30th July 2014 at 07:53.
Old 6th October 2014, 15:48   #1052

re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!

Hi All,
Mine is a Honda City 2011 Model base version. I have completed 55K without any issues. After completing 55K service I'm facing a issue while driving. I'm hearing a humming sound while driving and that too crossing the speed 60kmph. But if I keep my speed limits within 60 then I don't hear this humming sound. Could any one let me know if you have faced similar issue ? Seeking for suggestions/advice as what checks needs to be done to isolate the problem

Regards,
Ashwin
Old 6th October 2014, 16:49   #1053
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.raj80 View Post
I'm hearing a humming sound while driving and that too crossing the speed 60kmph. But if I keep my speed limits within 60 then I don't hear this humming sound.
That could be any of the wheel bearings going bad/ cracked races of bearing. Replacement of the bearings is the only solution to this problem. Won't involve too much money.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2014, 20:48   #1054
BANNED

Quote:
But if I keep my speed limits within 60 then I don't hear this humming sound. Could any one let me know if you have faced similar issue ? Seeking for suggestions/advice as what checks needs to be done to isolate the problem.
Get the wheel bearings changed. The humming sound is of a worn out bearing. Nothing to get tensed.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 16:29   #1055

Hi Saket77 and a4anurag,
Thanks for the quick response. I did a close monitoring today and the humming sound comes from front left side. As suggested by you I will change the bearings and see the results .

Regards,
Ashwin
Old 7th October 2014, 17:19   #1056
BANNED

Quote:
I did a close monitoring today and the humming sound comes from front left side. As suggested by you I will change the bearings and see the results.
Do change the wheel bearing and I feel it is better to change all 4 at a time for the sake of peace of mind.

Anurag.
Old 23rd October 2014, 00:40   #1057
Senior - BHPian

Happy Diwali fellow BHpians

Just after four days my Venus will be celebrating it's 4th birthday! yes, four years! Time flies.

ODO reading is at 25,707 KM and MID shoring 13~ KMPL. City still feels and rides like it was on day one. That's the beauty of Honda Engines.

Venus saying hello to all.

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-imag3498.jpg
bluevolt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2014, 15:30   #1058
BHPian

Our 2012 iVtec is up for service.It has done 55000 kms. Can anyone help me with what is done in the 55k service and how much would it cost. Its an A/T and there is absolutely no problems at all.
Old 10th January 2015, 19:04   #1059
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiedriver View Post
Our 2012 iVtec is up for service.It has done 55000 kms. Can anyone help me with what is done in the 55k service and how much would it cost. Its an A/T and there is absolutely no problems at all.
Whatever be the service interval, please always make a list of work to be done according to the service manual. Ask the service center people to do only the required tasks.

During last service of my Venus, I had this experience where the service center skimmed off at least Rs. 5000 for jobs which were not required. See my post #1050 on previous page.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2015, 03:04   #1060
BHPian

Hi Team,

needed some info on the Honda City IVtec,i am unable to find the coolant tank in the engine bay, the fan keeps coming on a lot during the usage of the car so i thought of filling and checking the coolant but couldnt find one, can some people educate me on this.

thanks.
Old 1st March 2015, 13:24   #1061
BHPian

Stand in front of the car and peep inside the bonnet bending till your head is almost on top of the engine IVTech logo then look towards the radiator inner side. You will find a tank with lower and upper marking. Happy searching.
Old 2nd March 2015, 20:34   #1062
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alias View Post
Hi Team,

needed some info on the Honda City IVtec,i am unable to find the coolant tank in the engine bay, the fan keeps coming on a lot during the usage of the car so i thought of filling and checking the coolant but couldnt find one, can some people educate me on this.

thanks.

The fan does turn on during driving in traffic conditions and it is normal. Anyhow it is always good to check fluid levels every once in a while for any leakage etc.
Old 3rd May 2015, 22:07   #1063
Senior - BHPian

Horns again conked off and now car is out of warranty. With service due in some time, I was thinking whether I should buy original Honda horns or after market horns but I like the sound of original horns.

Though I am not really happy with the reliability of honda horns, replaced almost 5-6 times but it was free of cost during warranty.

Right now, odo is at 29,100 Kms. At high speed braking is not very inspiring; now I am not sure whether this is due to tyres or brakes getting worn out!

Anyways no other issues with the car, the journey with venus goes on...
Old 31st May 2015, 19:48   #1064
Senior - BHPian

30,000 KM service is due in coming week. Since the horns are sounding even feeble I am yet to decide whether I should go for original Honda horns or aftermarket horns.

Also please list what all mandatory work needs to be done during 30k service. I don't want to have a hefty service bill like last time where bill amount was 15k and many of the jobs were not required.

25k service report

Last edited by bluevolt : 31st May 2015 at 20:14.
Old 31st May 2015, 20:48   #1065
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
30,000 KM service is due in coming week. Since the horns are sounding even feeble I am yet to decide whether I should go for original Honda horns or aftermarket horns.

Also please list what all mandatory work needs to be done during 30k service. I don't want to have a hefty service bill like last time where bill amount was 15k and many of the jobs were not required.

25k service report
Actually it all boils down to the Hass advisor. My civic's clutch was replaced in Jan-Feb this year and i had gone for a general check up last week to Linkway Honda. Now my regular Hass advisor with whom i have a good rapport and is decent enough not to add unnecessary items to my bill was a bit busy with some paper work. He send out his junior colleague who did not know the history of the car to get the inventory of the car where they jot down details like odo reading, sracth marks on the car and also inspect the car a bit.

This junior had the audacity to tell me that the clutch is hard and might need looking into. Now i kept my cool and told him the clutch was replaced outside Hass just 2 3 months but he insisted and wrote as a remark. I was irritated but again kept cool because i knew my actual Hass advisor would not go in for such a clutch overhaul etc without my knowledge and approval because he knows that the clutch was already changed before.

I think the best way to approach Hass is to give the car for a general service and only allow them to fix issues which you inform them. I really don't understand why would anyone clean a petrol tank in just 25k. At maybe 60-70k it seems fine but petrol tank cleaning at 25k is ridiculous. If any of the jobs were done without your knowledge and approval kindly inform Honda that the dealer is up to mischief. Don't let them get away with your hard earned money. If it's something which is genuinely needed then it's fine but otherwise if they do anything like that again, kick their hinds. Even i had a 15k bill for my Civic (on two occassions) but then i had parts like clutch master and slave cylinder changed which were really needed.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 31st May 2015 at 20:49.
sumeethaldankar is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks