Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2012, 09:15   #766
BHPian

re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamsaif View Post
does the city have 10 to 12 liters fuel as reserve? i had 66km range at 15.8 kmpl and i wanted to fill 42 liters going by the car manual. but the tank brimmed at 30 liters, yet i got range of 660km after refueling. is there something i am missing?
You are right.
Even if the range went down to 2 kms, I have never filled beyond 34 litres at the max so, obviously it looks like the reserve is around 8-10 litres.
Old 14th April 2012, 17:15   #767
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
does the city have 10 to 12 liters fuel as reserve? i had 66km range at 15.8 kmpl and i wanted to fill 42 liters going by the car manual. but the tank brimmed at 30 liters, yet i got range of 660km after refueling. is there something i am missing?
Even I have not been able to fill more than 35 Liters of petrol when range drops below 100KMs (around 60-80KMs).

Last edited by bluevolt : 14th April 2012 at 17:30.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2012, 14:22   #768
Senior - BHPian

Woah!
Mine never took more than 32 liters. Have I missed something?
Also one more observation: car seems to deliver more efficient mileage figures when full, fill it till midway and you have -2kmpl on an average.
Old 16th April 2012, 16:25   #769
Senior - BHPian

ISSUE! (Very sad to report)

The driver side power window is not functioning. I straightaway called the Honda road side assistance and technicians came to my place and diagnosed it as power window switch issue, motor is OK. Now they don't have the switch in stock and will take one week before the unit is rectified! I will have to take the car to showroom when part arrives.

Such issues often crops up in a Tata car and was not expected from a Honda City!

Last edited by bluevolt : 16th April 2012 at 16:39.
Old 17th April 2012, 06:50   #770
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post

The driver side power window is not functioning. I straightaway called the Honda road side assistance and technicians came to my place and diagnosed it as power window switch issue, motor is OK. Now they don't have the switch in stock and will take one week before the unit is rectified! I will have to take the car to showroom when part arrives.
Sorry to hear that little niggle but atleast it's only the switch that is at fault and not the motor. I hope Honda's roadside assistance was prompt and didn't made you wait for a long time.

Another thing that I quite frequently notice these days is the Honda dealerships not stocking even basic replacement parts. For instance, when I gave my Civic for its 40K service, wiper blades weren't in stock and I was asked to come and replace them separately. In your case, you need to wait for a power window switch for atleast a week. Is this how Honda works or is it related to last years' disasters that struck Honda plants?
Old 17th April 2012, 14:41   #771
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
In your case, you need to wait for a power window switch for atleast a week. Is this how Honda works or is it related to last years' disasters that struck Honda plants?
They gave me same excuse of Thailand floods etc because of which they don't have parts in stock!

Honda Road side assistance service was nice and they were at my place withing 30 minutes of calling.

Many will be shocked to hear the prices of switch and the motor - it's 3K for the switch assembly and 8k for motor. (as told by the technician)

Last edited by bluevolt : 17th April 2012 at 14:45.
Old 17th April 2012, 18:43   #772
BHPian

Quote:
They gave me same excuse of Thailand floods etc because of which they don't have parts in stock!

Honda Road side assistance service was nice and they were at my place withing 30 minutes of calling.

Many will be shocked to hear the prices of switch and the motor - it's 3K for the switch assembly and 8k for motor. (as told by the technician)
Sad to hear that, but good to know the motor itself is fine, I know the driver side comes with an auto mode (no need to hold it for long), did you check the possibility of replacing with one that not so often used?

may be rear door switch?
Old 17th April 2012, 22:28   #773
BHPian

Really sad to hear about the driver power window switch going kaput, bluevolt. By the way,we have also been facing some quality related issues on our Honda City namely:
1. The beading on the doors are mismatched i.e. the door beadings of the corresponding doors overlap each other.
2. The black material on the steering mounted audio controls have started peeling off.

Have you been facing the same?

Never faced this type of quality issues on our 5 year old, 1 lac kms driven Honda Civic.
Old 17th April 2012, 23:18   #774
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Sad to hear that, but good to know the motor itself is fine, I know the driver side comes with an auto mode (no need to hold it for long), did you check the possibility of replacing with one that not so often used?

may be rear door switch?
My bad, I could have asked them to swap one of the rear switch for the front driver side window!

Anyhow the switch will be replaced under warranty hopefully by this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crux View Post
Really sad to hear about the driver power window switch going kaput, bluevolt. By the way,we have also been facing some quality related issues on our Honda City namely:
1. The beading on the doors are mismatched i.e. the door beadings of the corresponding doors overlap each other.
2. The black material on the steering mounted audio controls have started peeling off.
Not faced the two issues yet but one of the member (owner of City) here has reported some issue about the fading of door beading!

When you face even a minor issue with a reliable brand like Honda/Toyota you feel unhappy as the issue was never expected. Anyhow I was referring to City's Brochure in which they have stated about JD power Award they have got - Honda City receives less number of complaints than other brands i.e. there is no where written that you will not get problems/complaints but they will be very few and small in nature!

My friend told me that such issue once arose in his Swift when he was driving with windows briefly opened during rain and water entered the switch panel but this is not in my case i.e. my car was hardly driven when it was raining in Delhi last week (it was properly covered).

Last edited by bluevolt : 17th April 2012 at 23:26.
Old 18th April 2012, 11:15   #775
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
You are right.
Even if the range went down to 2 kms, I have never filled beyond 34 litres at the max so, obviously it looks like the reserve is around 8-10 litres.
Quote:
Even I have not been able to fill more than 35 Liters of petrol when range drops below 100KMs (around 60-80KMs).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Woah!
Mine never took more than 32 liters. Have I missed something?
Also one more observation: car seems to deliver more efficient mileage figures when full, fill it till midway and you have -2kmpl on an average.
Well, I faced this rather interesting issue during my first service on Saturday. (Details - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2747069)

Looks like the main's cutoff is at 34 (or 35) liters, with about 8 (or 7) liters in reserve. Which means there's still petrol left when the DTE shows less than 10 kms, and so no cause for panic. A nifty little discovery.

Nice observation about the FE variations, Sn1p3r. Will keep an eye out for this and report back.

Quote:

Such issues often crops up in a Tata car and was not expected from a Honda City!
This is bad, BV. One never expects such a problem from a Honda. Good to know that the more expensive motor is OK, but can't do anything about the switch.

How are you managing things for now? Driving with the window up all the time?

Quote:

Parts availability has taken a hit in recent times, no doubt. Many new owners haven't got their promised accessories yet even after paying in the full for them (like our fellow T-BHPian aaren who still hasn't got his Jazz X's front grille and rear bumper). I hope they get them to you within the next week and the problem gets rectified ASAP.

And the prices! Man, that's daylight robbery!
Old 18th April 2012, 18:17   #776
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
How are you managing things for now? Driving with the window up all the time?
Yup No choice except driving with window up all the time. It is not bothering me much as A/C is used all the time but definitely a problem while folding/unfolding ORVM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Parts availability has taken a hit in recent times, no doubt. Many new owners haven't got their promised accessories yet even after paying in the full for them (like our fellow T-BHPian aaren who still hasn't got his Jazz X's front grille and rear bumper). I hope they get them to you within the next week and the problem gets rectified ASAP.

And the prices! Man, that's daylight robbery!
Forget about other parts, they even don't have the body cover in stock (my current one is getting old).

Last edited by bluevolt : 18th April 2012 at 18:19.
Old 19th April 2012, 18:41   #777
Senior - BHPian

And this evening, Venus crossed the long awaited 10,000 KM Milestone!

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc06652.jpg

10,000 KM! Well this milestone is special!

Update on power window switch issue.

I received a call from Ring Road Honda and they told me that the switch assy has been dispatched from Mumbai and will reach RR Honda by Monday. So I am hopeful that my car will be OK by early next week.

Last edited by bluevolt : 19th April 2012 at 18:42.
Old 19th April 2012, 21:52   #778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt
And this evening, Venus crossed the long awaited 10,000 KM Milestone!

10,000 KM! Well this milestone is special!
Wooohoooo!
These days I see a lot of City new and old, think Honda stuck a nice price point and is selling again

Anything planned for the special figure
Old 20th April 2012, 15:50   #779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Anything planned for the special figure
Most probably I will get a aftermarket exhaust pipe finisher this time. I have tried couple of car accessories shops but found nothing satisfactory till date.
Old 20th April 2012, 20:49   #780
BHPian

Quote:

The driver side power window is not functioning. I straightaway called the Honda road side assistance and technicians came to my place and diagnosed it as power window switch issue, motor is OK.

A small issue like this one would be much more frustrating than other niggling issues since it's driver side window. Had faced it with my Palio earlier. Since the window would not roll down, I had to open the door itself everywhere from Office Gate security to toll booths to Malls entrances etc, etc !! was sooooooo frustrated that I wanted to retire the 9 year old Palio !! Finally the WD40 spray saved my day !!
junkishya is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed