Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2010, 23:18   #376
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I saw a Reverse Cam for the ANHC which gets fitted above the Number Plate on the Chrome Garnish which houses the Number Plate lamps. The brand is RPM and the quote I got for this cam was around 3k. Can anyone help me with other options with the same fitment and at a lesser price?
Old 13th July 2010, 13:00   #377
Distinguished - BHPian

wow,exhaustive thread.
Does anybody know if the reverse camera can be connected to a mapmyindia navigator?
I mean,it plays videos etc, so it should be a possibility,eh?
Old 13th July 2010, 19:46   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
wow,exhaustive thread.
Does anybody know if the reverse camera can be connected to a mapmyindia navigator?
I mean,it plays videos etc, so it should be a possibility,eh?
@mayank, a similar question poped upto my mind today like yours. but it was the other way around, meaning having mapmyindia navigator getting configured on my reverse camera screen which is already installed. I came to understand that the mapmyindia provide SD cards and I was wondering why not get the SD card from mapmyindia slotted in my camera screen?

I did speak to the mapmyindia guys today and there seems to be a restriction for only compatible screens of kenwood, since my screen was not that i left it there.

Anyone has done this in the forum? meaning getting mapmyindia navigators on a screen (camera / lcd scren / etc)? Please share your expertise / advice

Thanks
narayanang76
Old 13th July 2010, 19:59   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotovamsee View Post
Yes there is a problem with the display when clipped on rear view mirror. It shakes constantly while driving so you cannot make the best use of it as a rear view mirror from its dark glass.

Keeping this in view I had got a dedicated switch for the camera to show the rear view even while driving ahead. So this way I can see rear far better than a mirror and also can switch it off when required. I felt investing for a branded quality camera should not just work when I am on reverse gear that lasts for few minutes or seconds.
@vamsee you are a saviour, I was just thinking on the same lines.

I have an ANHC with the reverse camera installed with screen mounted on top of rear view mirror inside. I was always been contemplating on making it as a rear view camera all the time just like you have done.

Can you please share how / where I can get this done (customisation of reverse cam)

Thanks in advance

Narayanang76
Old 13th July 2010, 20:11   #380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanang76 View Post

I have an ANHC with the reverse camera installed with screen mounted on top of rear view mirror inside. I was always been contemplating on making it as a rear view camera all the time just like you have done.

Can you please share how / where I can get this done (customisation of reverse cam)

Thanks in advance

Narayanang76
Normal reverse camera which we get is not capable for continuous capture of more than 15 min in a stretch, That is what the dealer of RD told me. For continuous display high quality cameras should be used.
Old 23rd August 2010, 21:51   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanang76 View Post

Thanks in advance

Narayanang76

Sorry I was not browsing across TBHP these days so was this delay...

By the way.. Continuous video capture is very much possible with RD rear view camera with night vision and I am the evidence. I have been using this all the way since an year and plus without any glitches. Which I believe truly looked after my rear bumper scratch free.

I insisted the technician that I wanted this way and otherwise I am not going to take this. Also I did suggest him to use a dedicated switch fitted down under the steering wheel where there will be a slot for that (i20).

This isnt any rocket science for them since they need to connect and get the power from the battery via switch thats it.

I usually switch it off when I have bumper to bumper traffic since my sensors keep buzzing the distance on the display.
Old 24th August 2010, 17:39   #382
BHPian

which sensor?

I researched this thread and finalized that I should go for a 4 sensor system with IRVM display for my Linea. There seems to be 3 names of good brands for parking sensors: RD, Xenos , Red soul

1) I want to know which model/brand is best in terms of sensor accuracy and durability.
2) I want audible alert as well as nice intuitive display that shows .... a car with directions and distance to nearest obstacle.
3) VFD, LED, LCD displays ... what are the pros and cons?
4) Does installing these sensors outside void warranty? What stuff do they do during install (as far as wiring, connecting to battery is concerned)

I called up RD dealer here and he suggested a TF-990 model for 3600 rs. Also it has illuminating sensors which change color to vehicles approaching from behind in traffic. So they will slowdown (hopefully!).
Link to RD product page
Anybody is using this model?

Last edited by neotraveller : 24th August 2010 at 17:49.
Old 24th August 2010, 23:28   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
I researched this thread and finalized that I should go for a 4 sensor system with IRVM display for my Linea. There seems to be 3 names of good brands for parking sensors: RD, Xenos , Red soul

1) I want to know which model/brand is best in terms of sensor accuracy and durability.
2) I want audible alert as well as nice intuitive display that shows .... a car with directions and distance to nearest obstacle.
3) VFD, LED, LCD displays ... what are the pros and cons?
4) Does installing these sensors outside void warranty? What stuff do they do during install (as far as wiring, connecting to battery is concerned)

I called up RD dealer here and he suggested a TF-990 model for 3600 rs. Also it has illuminating sensors which change color to vehicles approaching from behind in traffic. So they will slowdown (hopefully!).
Link to RD product page
Anybody is using this model?
For Sensors and LCD Display upto my research an year back RD was front in the race in terms of product range and affordability. Now I can say RD is recommended also for durability and customer care.

Suresh is the distributor in hyderabad and he is very accommodating, he changed my sensors twice when one of them was beeping constantly.

I got RD Combo 100-7 fixed for my i20 and did not prefer other models available with inbuilt bluetooth taking his friendly suggestion on their issues. I bought another compact RD bluetooth device from him that can be hooked to the steering wheel.

Product Page:Automobile Accessories, Car Accessories India, RD, RD brand car accessories, Nano Car, Maruti Car, Mahindra Car, Honda Car, GM Car, Alto Car, Skoda Car, Tata Car, Hyundai Car, Toyota, Reverse Parking Sensors, Power Windows, Auto Window Closers, Car C

Not sure about VFD, LCD is good and LED might be better but not so required here.

There are many models in the sensors here, I checked them all on the screen and selected one that shows better visibility for the video without occupying the entire screen with text and lines.

For this setup the technician would make 4 holes to your rare bumper and almost rest of wiring remains hidden.

You can refer my name "Vamsi" to suresh for the model and type of setup I used.

Thanks,
Vamsi
Old 24th August 2010, 23:45   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Guys, I saw a Reverse Cam for the ANHC which gets fitted above the Number Plate on the Chrome Garnish which houses the Number Plate lamps. The brand is RPM and the quote I got for this cam was around 3k. Can anyone help me with other options with the same fitment and at a lesser price?
I am suprised! The last time I had checked a couple of shops all reversing camera systems were close to 5K. Btw any idea if RPM is a local brand or is it a Chinese brand ?
Old 25th August 2010, 11:21   #385
BHPian

Hi friends,

Does anyone knows RD dealers in chennai? Kindly let me know.
Old 25th August 2010, 11:25   #386
knp
BHPian

I had bought reverse camera with 2.5" LCD screen for 1600/- from Reliance Autozone a few weeks back. It's of MGT brand and comes with 1 year warranty. I was actually having the MRP as 8000/-, but there was some 80% discount on some of the items and hence, got it at a cheaper price. It's pretty good and the resolution is also good. I had used it for my long drive to tirupathi with a continuous play (have a switch to turn it on or off, but by default, will turn on when I am on reverse gear).
Old 25th August 2010, 12:26   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knp View Post
I had bought reverse camera with 2.5" LCD screen for 1600/- from Reliance Autozone a few weeks back. It's of MGT brand and comes with 1 year warranty. I was actually having the MRP as 8000/-, but there was some 80% discount on some of the items and hence, got it at a cheaper price. It's pretty good and the resolution is also good. I had used it for my long drive to tirupathi with a continuous play (have a switch to turn it on or off, but by default, will turn on when I am on reverse gear).

Thats a steal knp! which Autozone did u buy it from? and any idea about the validity of the "steal"?
Old 25th August 2010, 13:27   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotovamsee View Post
I got RD Combo 100-7 fixed for my i20 and did not prefer other models available with inbuilt bluetooth taking his friendly suggestion on their issues.
@Vamsi, How much did this RD Combo 100-7 cost you? though I have sent a query to RD I am yet to receive the response.

thanks in advance.
Old 25th August 2010, 16:06   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS-II View Post
@Vamsi, How much did this RD Combo 100-7 cost you? though I have sent a query to RD I am yet to receive the response.

thanks in advance.

Check this out... my setup in detail with some pictures of it.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post1493582
Old 25th August 2010, 16:22   #390
knp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS-II View Post
Thats a steal knp! which Autozone did u buy it from? and any idea about the validity of the "steal"?
'
I had bought it from RalianceMart, Bannergatta road. I had seen one last piece two days back..u can checkout at other stores like HSR and Basavangudi.
FYI, this is the one that I am having:
http://aktimpex.tradeindia.com/Expor...duct_id=232453

Last edited by knp : 25th August 2010 at 16:27.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks