Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2010, 08:04   #361
BHPian

I got reverse sensors installed to my I20. It is economical over cameras.
I feel it is sufficeint & helpful.
Old 23rd March 2010, 14:27   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knp View Post
shreeps, what's was the total price of these RD setup? It would be great if you can post few pictures of the same.
Total Price: Rs. 9500. I will take some pics and post them tonight.
Old 30th March 2010, 22:19   #363
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. This includes bumping up the thread and posting the same identical question over & over again. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 1st April 2010 at 11:55.
shamanth is offline   Received Infraction
Old 31st March 2010, 07:10   #364
knp
BHPian

rdoverseas is the best available over here. go to Automobile Accessories, Car Accessories India, RD, RD brand car accessories, Nano Car, Maruti Car, Mahindra Car, Honda Car, GM Car, Alto Car, Skoda Car, Tata Car, Hyundai Car, Toyota, Reverse Parking Sensors, Power Windows, Auto Window Closers, Car C and you can find their bangalore contact details.
Old 31st March 2010, 09:18   #365
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot, looks cool, they have good range of reverse cameras.

It looks like after reading comments from bhpians i think best thing is to go for stand alone LCD rather than mirror clip lcd, since LCD mirrors appear dull

Last edited by shamanth : 31st March 2010 at 09:22.
Old 31st March 2010, 12:02   #366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Thanks a lot, looks cool, they have good range of reverse cameras.

It looks like after reading comments from bhpians i think best thing is to go for stand alone LCD rather than mirror clip lcd, since LCD mirrors appear dull
Hi guys,

Which one you think is better, please let me know you opinion? Both these companies are available in Bangalore.

1) RD Overseas or
2) RedSoul

a) Dash LCD or
b) Mirror LCD
Old 31st March 2010, 18:24   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Hi guys,

Which one you think is better, please let me know you opinion? Both these companies are available in Bangalore.

1) RD Overseas or
2) RedSoul

a) Dash LCD or
b) Mirror LCD
I went in for a combo camera and reverse sensor from RD. It cost me Rs. 9500 along with the screen. I wouldnt go in for a mirror lcd because I have heard many people saying that it starts vibrating after some time. I'd rather have the dash version glued/taped on.
One more feedback i can give is, choose one which has the option to turn off the voice/beep once you get used to looking at the LCD/LED screen, the voice prompts/beeps are superfluous and get pretty irritating after some time.
Old 1st April 2010, 15:24   #368
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreeps View Post
I wouldnt go in for a mirror lcd because I have heard many people saying that it starts vibrating after some time.
In my City in less than smooth roads, the whole mirror sort of comes down due to the weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreeps View Post
I'd rather have the dash version glued/taped on.
This would be the better option. In my case, the basic parking sensors were a dealer freebie and so added the camera from RD to avoid any warranty issues. Did the exchange directly with RD and hence was stuck with the mirror LCD.
Old 12th April 2010, 23:01   #369
BHPian

Guys,

I have a PND GPS device which has input for the rear camera, I was thinkin of installing a reverse camera, Called up a car accessory shop and he had 2 kinds of camera, one was for 1350 and the other one was for 2200, i asked him the difference and he said the 2200rs camera can show clearer pictures.
please help me choose any other camera that you've come across.
Old 12th April 2010, 23:40   #370
BHPian

Is this for your Santro?
Not meaning to offend you but fitting a camera is an overkill in this case and would be an insult to one's ability as a driver. Please use your neck/ mirrors and get used to the dimensions of the car.
DWind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2010, 00:12   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
Is this for your Santro?
Not meaning to offend you but fitting a camera is an overkill in this case and would be an insult to one's ability as a driver. Please use your neck/ mirrors and get used to the dimensions of the car.
Yes it is for my santro, Well i've been driving around this car for 2 years and i am pretty much used to the dimentions, I have all the required hardware and spending 1k for this 'extra' feature wouldn't burn my pocket much.

P.S- Thanks for the advice though
Old 13th April 2010, 15:06   #372
BHPian

OT : akshay_ If you add another 300 rupees you can get a Castrol Semi synthetic oil that you can use for your Santro instead of the cam ! Just kidding Can you please share the GPS model details ?

I am using a parking sensor with display on the rear view mirror and I found it useful for the first 2-3 months in my sedan. Now I am pretty used to the dimensions and I can even live without it. But you will have to get used to a dim rearview mirror(since the LCD display will cover the stock mirror) which is of almost no use in the night !

I personally feel the Camera is an overkill even if its an Innova and would suit for Buses and sort of vehicles !

So if anyone is about to invest, I would recommend a basic sensor with dash indicators ! Redsoul is the brand that I have used and have had no issues so far.
Old 13th April 2010, 16:14   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
OT : akshay_ If you add another 300 rupees you can get a Castrol Semi synthetic oil that you can use for your Santro instead of the cam ! Just kidding Can you please share the GPS model details ?

I am using a parking sensor with display on the rear view mirror and I found it useful for the first 2-3 months in my sedan. Now I am pretty used to the dimensions and I can even live without it. But you will have to get used to a dim rearview mirror(since the LCD display will cover the stock mirror) which is of almost no use in the night !

I personally feel the Camera is an overkill even if its an Innova and would suit for Buses and sort of vehicles !

So if anyone is about to invest, I would recommend a basic sensor with dash indicators ! Redsoul is the brand that I have used and have had no issues so far.
I use this PND device from dealextreme.com which is not branded,
DealExtreme: $106.86 5.0" LCD 372MHz CPU Windows CE 5.0 Bluetooth + GPS Navigator w/FM Transmitter + 2GB Maps SD

Yes i do agree, I wouldn't have invested in a cam if i didn't have a display device, I have all the necessary hardware and an extra 1k would make it complete.
Old 21st May 2010, 00:20   #374
BHPian

Planning on a rear view camera + LCD (7") [for a Xylo] - budget around 8k. Any idea for a good place (read as a tried and tested) in Mumbai?
Old 26th June 2010, 20:57   #375
BHPian

reverse sensor for my Punto

I was looking for a 6 sensor parking aid for my Punto. I know its a bit of overkill, but
1. I like gadgets around in the car.
2. I suffer from visibility as soon as i get in my office basement from the sun and my eyes kind of take time to adjust the light
3. I hit a bike ones as it was not covered in 3 of my mirrors.
4. Also the front sensors are useful in parallel parking when i have to really squeeze in to the closest to the pavement.

I had fitted sensors on my Innova from the showroom in Kannur, Kerala at delivery itself, from the pictures of RD ones from their website it looks like it is of RD brand. Its an eight sensor one and is very much useful. I can park it with my eyes closed, literally. Now for my Punto when i checked in Bangalore the prices i got for the 6 sensor mirror clip on ones was(with installation).
> Redsoul from dealer - 5800/- + (0/-)
> RD from dealer - 4000/- + (500/-)
>Xenos from accessory shop - 3600/- + (0/-)

Now when i compare, the Xenos one, didnt like the finish of the center mirror. Also the mirror size is too big for a Punto
Redsoul is too costly for just the sensor, so kept aside.
RD is what is in my mind, but want to know whether i can get it at a cheaper rate.
I got my Innova 8 sensor one including fitment and painting of sensor from showroom for 6K, so i guess this should be cheaper. Please advice.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks