Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2011, 12:15   #421
BHPian

re: The reversing camera & parking sensor thread

When I wanted the RPS, all the model had are similar, closest they can go is 0.3m (300mm). Non could co near 50mm. I too have Redsoul 4 sensor parking sensor + IVRM display! Shows distance in IVRM. IVRM is clip-om mirror. Sensor accuracy is dead-on but based on following condition.

1) Once you put the gear into reverse one must wait 3 second, this is when it measures all sensor ans shows nearest obstruction.

2) Once you start moving, make sure that you tak it slowly.

3) At 0.7m an below, you should once stop so that sensor re-checks the distance. Sometime earlier nearest obstruction is no longer nearest, and if you reverse fast, it can take input from other sensor! Result Dudh!!!

4) At 0.3m (30 cm) it yells STOP! Ideally this is where u should stop.

Sensor fails if you have obstruction is railing gate or similar object. At some distance it picks the obstruction, and then it misses it! This is anyway part of such sensor!

If you want to go till last mm, then practice reversing also slowly! See rate at which came from 1m to .3m, and calculate how far u should go! This is too dangerous, once or twice you will hit the barrier!
Is isn't it easier to park forward instead of reverse in such case?
Old 23rd June 2011, 12:26   #422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjoy3 View Post
No they don't warn acoustically during regular driving - just the live visuals. Got the setup done in showroom itself since I wanted these extra wiring and a bill to show just in case had issues.

Vijay
Vijay,
Does it mean that the sensors get activated only when the reverse gear is used. What happens to the sensors in the other gears, are they still sensing?

One noob question - would it be preferable to have one hole drilled for the reverse camera or a couple of holes for the sensors. AFAIK the camera is mostly mounted on the boot lid (Dont know of any other location) whereas the sensors are located mostly on the rear bumper. So which one is prone to more damage?
Old 23rd June 2011, 12:51   #423

Here is the video i shot today on Parking sensor:

Old 23rd June 2011, 16:47   #424
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for your response mayankk. My parking space is very tight and hence this requirement. Will check out the options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
why would you want get so close?
50mm is just 5cms.
most of these sensors are preprogrammed with such a threshhold, so its highly improbable that youll get something OTS looking at the last mm also.
plus its got something to do with sonics also, that the feed generated at such low levels may/may not be accurate.
you could try a video option if you want to get so close.
a camera with 120+ degree field of view perhaps?
Old 23rd June 2011, 20:21   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Thanks for your response mayankk. My parking space is very tight and hence this requirement. Will check out the options.
I agree with Mayankk here. The reverse sensors on my ANHC cannot detect anything that is inline with the Boot top border line. I almost hit a tree the other day while I was backing up and looking at the sensors if my son had not asked me to hard stop. Probably, going with video sensors is a better option or even better would be our instinct with the help of rear view mirrors and our naked eyes.

Cheers,
KTP
Old 24th June 2011, 18:04   #426
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Vijay,
Does it mean that the sensors get activated only when the reverse gear is used. What happens to the sensors in the other gears, are they still sensing?

One noob question - would it be preferable to have one hole drilled for the reverse camera or a couple of holes for the sensors. AFAIK the camera is mostly mounted on the boot lid (Dont know of any other location) whereas the sensors are located mostly on the rear bumper. So which one is prone to more damage?
Using the toggle switch I select using sensor for reverse or forward directions.
Sometimes while driving in the night or in bumper to bumper traffic I toggle the button and I get a live feed of the vehicle behind me.

Yeah, I preferred the single hole for camera as compared to 2-4 holes for audio sensor

Vijay
Old 9th July 2011, 21:00   #427
BHPian

I have the following options for my SX4 reverse parking sensor -

1. 4 sensors, only beeps (Rs. 2310)
2. 4 sensors, beeps + LED display that shows distance (Rs. 2900)
3. 4 sensors, 1 camera + LCD display that replaces the rear view mirror (Rs. 10,000)

Option 3 is way out of budget, so I am considering option 2. All these are MGA (Maruti Genuine Accessories) and will be installed by the showroom guy so no chance of warranty getting void.

My questions here -
1. Has anyone used this specific model (option 2)? If yes, how is the performance ?

2. I read about the electromagnetic parking sensors and quite interested in them, because no holes are required to be drilled and the information on the sole manufacturer website suggests that they are technologically more superior as compared to the ultrasonic ones, to this I think why Merc and BMW are still providing ultrasonic ones if they are obsolete. But if anyone here have installed them, please share your feedback
Old 11th July 2011, 11:52   #428
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally got the camera installed.
its ata bout mid shin level, on the bumper.
No sensors.

Peripheral is slightly limited, so still have to glance at the ORVMs, to have a llok at objects unseen, as well as to make sure the ORVMs themselves dont bang into something!

The shot is taken in pitch black darkness.
The light in view is solely from the rear lamps, and brake lights, enhanced by the camera.
For a 1000 bucks worth of equipment off of DX, its not bad.

But i did not realize the learning curve associated with this peice of equipment!
Still cant trust it enough.

As to the grid displayed, i've found, after kissing a nano's fender yesterday, about halfway in the red box is stopping time.
Attached Thumbnails
The reversing camera & parking sensor thread-20110710-23.07.50.jpg  

Old 11th July 2011, 16:08   #429
knp
BHPian

Hi Mayank, that was very clear view. Would you please provide the link to the product that you bought from DX as there are many products of this type in their site?
Old 11th July 2011, 16:16   #430
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knp View Post
Hi Mayank, that was very clear view. Would you please provide the link to the product that you bought from DX as there are many products of this type in their site?
hey, sorry, my bad.
It was a dx like site only, lightinthebox.com.
Link is:
Car Rear View Camera - US$ 22.99
Old 27th July 2011, 22:54   #431

Hi Mayankk, Where is the display located? Is it an integrated audio video section? It looks like on the center console of your dashboard.

So if you bought the camera online, did the display also come along? Where did you get it fixed?
Old 28th July 2011, 10:15   #432
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilroy View Post
Hi Mayankk, Where is the display located? Is it an integrated audio video section? It looks like on the center console of your dashboard.

So if you bought the camera online, did the display also come along? Where did you get it fixed?
Its a pioneer AVH3300 .
if youre planning on getting a camera, and also planning to get a new stereo soon, combine the two and get an AV unit.
more convenient, less clutter.

The camera was sold without display even as an option, if i recall.
on lightinthebox.com.

Last edited by mayankk : 28th July 2011 at 10:18.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2011, 15:16   #433

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachobells View Post
Hi,

Has anybody thought of buying an OEM camera-mirror set from new Hyundai Verna and fitting it on other cars? Will it work? How much does it cost?
I'm searching for he Hyundai Verna OEM camera-mirror. Did you happen to get one?
Old 3rd September 2011, 11:18   #434
BHPian

I am planning to get the Red Soul M6 - Multimedia Reverse Sensors installed on my ANHC. Could anyone who has got them recently share the price?

If there any better alternatives, please share, would like to have a look at them before freezing on Red Soul.
Old 17th October 2011, 23:22   #435
BHPian

Came across this deal for 4 sensor and LED Display offered by Reliance Autozone for Rs. 1700/-

Make your car techno-cool ! Pay Rs 1699 for Car Reverse Parking System with 4 Sensors & LED Dislay worth Rs 3100 at Reliance Autozone

Does it make sense or should i spend more and get one from RD? Any pointers on how much would a similar setup from RD cost? Am still not sure if the LED display is better than a mirror mounted one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks