Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2010, 17:09   #391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotovamsee View Post
Check this out... my setup in detail with some pictures of it.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post1493582
Quote:
Originally Posted by knp View Post
'
I had bought it from RalianceMart, Bannergatta road. I had seen one last piece two days back..u can checkout at other stores like HSR and Basavangudi.
FYI, this is the one that I am having:
TFT LCD Screen - TFT LCD Screen Exporter, Importer & Manufacturer, New Delhi, India

Thanks to you both for the quick turn-around.
Old 25th August 2010, 21:54   #392
BHPian

gotovamsee thanks for the info.

Today I visited few accesories shops on minister road ... each shop guy was recommending their own fav brand.
One was saying circuit-i, other autocop, other-minda.

One guy said RedSoul and even went on to say RD is "just another ordinary Indian company ... go for autocop, RedSoul .. they are all world-class brands!
Old 30th August 2010, 00:11   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
gotovamsee thanks for the info.

Today I visited few accesories shops on minister road ... each shop guy was recommending their own fav brand.
One was saying circuit-i, other autocop, other-minda.

One guy said RedSoul and even went on to say RD is "just another ordinary Indian company ... go for autocop, RedSoul .. they are all world-class brands!

Absolutely Autocop is a global brand but certainly must be expensive than RD else can be taken for a doubt. RD introduced these reverse sensors and camera well before Autocop introduced them to india.

Identify genuine RD products using its 3D holograms. Better contact RD distributor himself on minister road for better deals.

Its upto you and your budget.
Old 7th September 2010, 11:05   #394
BHPian

Guys,

got Autocop's Park Pro installed on my car. Why choose Autocop over Voyager(only another brand that was available) was
  1. Autocop is a known brand.
  2. Clip-on internal mirror was grey in colour; matches my car interiors.
  3. The mirror has on-off switch for both beeper and display; fellow BHPians suggested this control is necessary.
  4. Silver sensors; matches my car colour.
Drawback:
is the clip-on mirror vibrates a lot! I knew this beforehand as I had read it on this thread. Seriously looking at ways to arrest this vibration.
NFS-II is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2010, 11:16   #395
Distinguished - BHPian

has anybody tried a webcam conversion to RCA for camera enabled HU?

or any suggestions for a decent reversing camera?
I'm assuming the best option would be for a fisheye type lensed one,get a good peripheral view.
Old 12th December 2010, 21:16   #396
BHPian

Reverse camera and Sensor setup front and back for Civic

Has anyone tried this combination of reverse 4 sensor with caemra and front 2 or 4 sensor on civic if yes or may be know some good brand for this setup can you please share this information with pics if possible?

Last edited by lalitk25 : 12th December 2010 at 21:20.
lalitk25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2011, 17:19   #397
Senior - BHPian

re: The reversing camera & parking sensor thread

My Swift Dzire has a high boot. and rear visibility is very bad. So After lightly nudging a Indigo while reversing the other night, decided a parking sensor would be my next buy. So back to team bhp for research.

Now after going through 27 pages of this thread wasn't convinced of the present system. i.e. ultrasonic sensors, camera, display on IRVM and/or dashboard display.

Found a great solution (mentioned by sohail99) is an electromagnetic sensor bieng sold on ebay at http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=170434090114 and the manufacture's website here Electromagnetic Front & Rear Parking Sensors | Reverse Sensor

I wonder why it is not popular in India. Has anyone on teambhp come across one?
Old 20th January 2011, 19:07   #398
Senior - BHPian

Guys, a simple query -

I have booked a Fiat Punto 90hp & my car is being delivered this month end. I want to install rear sensors (no camera).

1) Which brand/make/model should I go for?

2) I somehow dislike the display of the rear sensors fitted over the internal rear view mirror. I would be more happy with a slim strip of display in one corner of the dash indicating the distance/proximity.

3) Since my car is white, I want the sensors to be body coloured.

I have ordered for reverse sensors as accessory at the FIAT dealer but i wish to cancel that since I am not sure of the brand (the accessory guy acts fishy) & also the display is on the IRVM. Max budget is 5k.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 20th January 2011 at 19:08.
Old 20th January 2011, 20:21   #399
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Guys, a simple query -

I have booked a Fiat Punto 90hp & my car is being delivered this month end. I want to install rear sensors (no camera).

1) Which brand/make/model should I go for?

2) I somehow dislike the display of the rear sensors fitted over the internal rear view mirror. I would be more happy with a slim strip of display in one corner of the dash indicating the distance/proximity.

3) Since my car is white, I want the sensors to be body coloured.

I have ordered for reverse sensors as accessory at the FIAT dealer but i wish to cancel that since I am not sure of the brand (the accessory guy acts fishy) & also the display is on the IRVM. Max budget is 5k.

something from amazon, or cheaper still, dealextreme?
RD may give you something for 4k, i think.

edit: oh yeah, clear the external installation(ie, non dealer's end) with regard to warranty et al.

Last edited by mayankk : 20th January 2011 at 20:22.
Old 20th January 2011, 21:15   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Guys, a simple query -

Max budget is 5k.

Check AutoCop once, when I checked out in the local car market in HYD sometime back, I remember faintly that it was priced around 2.5K ( I may be wrong) but definitely below 4K.
Old 21st January 2011, 01:45   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
My Swift Dzire has a high boot. and rear visibility is very bad. So After lightly nudging a Indigo while reversing the other night, decided a parking sensor would be my next buy. So back to team bhp for research.

Now after going through 27 pages of this thread wasn't convinced of the present system. i.e. ultrasonic sensors, camera, display on IRVM and/or dashboard display.

Found a great solution (mentioned by sohail99) is an electromagnetic sensor bieng sold on ebay at No Holes Vision Rear Car Parking Sensor - eBay (item 170434090114 end time Feb-12-11 01:52:26 PST) and the manufacture's website here Electromagnetic Front & Rear Parking Sensors | Reverse Sensor

I wonder why it is not popular in India. Has anyone on teambhp come across one?
I bought the same one from the manufacturer directly and will be installing it in 2-3 weeks. I will write more about this product after using it.
Old 21st January 2011, 14:04   #402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivapsreddy View Post
I bought the same one from the manufacturer directly and will be installing it in 2-3 weeks. I will write more about this product after using it.
great. will be looking forward to your buying, fitting and driving experience with your new sensor.
Old 13th February 2011, 21:08   #403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivapsreddy View Post
Couldn't wait so fitted "crosshair" brand of reverse sensor from Rhyme and rhythm Colaba. After some initial hiccups (2 sensors not working and giving continuous sound) the system is working fine and for those looking to see how it looks in the IRVM here is a video taken while reversing in my garage with the left garage door closed BTW The measurement of distance is very accurate.
Old 17th February 2011, 17:59   #404
BANNED

Requirement of a " rear eye" for my car

Guys,
Today when I was reversing the car in a parking area, I couldn't see a small child ( around 2 years ) standing just behind the car. Luckly somebody alarmed me and the little one was not hit. Thank GOD

I feel the requiement of an accessory which will give a clear view of the rear side of the car ( to get a view at a lower angle ). Can anyone suggest a solution?

My car is i10 Asta

krish
Old 21st February 2011, 11:43   #405
BHPian

I wanna install the parking sensor for my Fiesta, Red Soul has branches in chennai? seems their contact # is misplaced. Any of the chennaites installed Red Soul product on their? Kindly guide me. Thanks in advance.
Jebs is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks