Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2012, 12:05   #451
BHPian

re: The reversing camera & parking sensor thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebs View Post
I wanna install the parking sensor for my Fiesta, Red Soul has branches in chennai? seems their contact # is misplaced. Any of the chennaites installed Red Soul product on their? Kindly guide me. Thanks in advance.
I too want to install these sensors. Can you give their address in Chennai?
Old 24th February 2012, 22:24   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Hi all,
I plan to install parking sensors for my Civic, want to go in for 6 sensor set up (2 front and 4 rear). Have sent an inquiry to RD for 950 and 970 models.
Does anyone have them installed on their cars?

Regards
Installed those sensors? Feedback will be a lifesaver.

Thanks.
Old 24th February 2012, 22:34   #453
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone used "voyager"? am planning to get them fixed, suggestion/inputs will be of great help.

thanks
Old 2nd March 2012, 23:27   #454
BHPian

I hv got new desire, want to get reverse sensor put. I hv two questions:

Is there a sensor with Bluetooth for my phone?

Can I get colored to silver?
Old 7th March 2012, 04:07   #455
BHPian

Hey guys,

I am looking to add a rear view camera to my civic, and I am more inclined towards the number plate ones (so that the bumper comes in the camera, helping in figuring out depth) rather than the bumper fit ones, and with night vision and 170deg view angle.

Any idea where I can get those in Delhi or what I should go for?

In case I want to source it from abroad, which one should I choose from the following,
  1. 24mm Night Vison Car Camera With Bracket - US$ 24.99
  2. Rear View Camera w/ 1.8mm 170° Wide-Angle Lens (RCA) [MPN-CAM-501] - $19.50 : MP4 Nation!, :: Low Priced MP4, MP3 Players and the latest scoop on the newest MP4 Player
  3. Rear View Camera w/ 1.8mm 170° Wide-Angle Lens (RCA) [MPN-CAM-303] - $21.50 : MP4 Nation!, :: Low Priced MP4, MP3 Players and the latest scoop on the newest MP4 Player
  4. Rear View Camera w/ Infrared Night Vision & 170° Wide-Angle Lens [MP4N-CAM-5040] - $27.50 : MP4 Nation!, :: Low Priced MP4, MP3 Players and the latest scoop on the newest MP4 Player
  5. Rear View Camera w/ Infrared Night Vision & 170° Wide-Angle Lens [MP4N-CAM-302] - $21.50 : MP4 Nation!, :: Low Priced MP4, MP3 Players and the latest scoop on the newest MP4 Player
  6. Rear View License Plate Camera w/ Infrared Night Vision [MP4N-CAM-4031] - $24.50 : MP4 Nation!, :: Low Priced MP4, MP3 Players and the latest scoop on the newest MP4 Player
Their cost is in 20s USD. Shipping Extra.

Thanks
Old 7th March 2012, 10:39   #456
knp
BHPian

MP4Nation is a good source, and I had bought many from them. their shipping is also fast.
I just got a mail with a deal on one of these cameras with around 45% discount.
Please checkout this link and you get this for $13.5 shipped.
knp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2012, 09:35   #457
BHPian

Recently I picked up a preowned SX4.

Wish to install parking guidance system. Went through most of the posts. I gather that these systems come online only when reverse gear is engaged for reverse parking and 1st gear for forward sensors.

Is it possible to install 6 sensors and a reverse parking camera, bring the cables to dash and connect it to some visual device, preferably some tablet with compatible sockets powered from charger point?

Thus the system can be left running even when car is running. Also no need to install any swithc for pwering up plus the tablet cab serve dual functioning and most importantly WARRANTY os not voided.

If possible, would be grateful to know the brands and components.

Almost 5yrs on Estilo, I am scared with size of SX4 atleast for now.

Rgds.
Old 8th March 2012, 10:45   #458
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for sharing this info, Camera + the screen which is 13+39USD seems like a good deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2705563
MP4Nation is a good source, and I had bought many from them. their shipping is also fast.
I just got a mail with a deal on one of these cameras with around 45% discount.
Please checkout this link and you get this for $13.5 shipped.
Old 8th March 2012, 11:58   #459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
guys, purchased and installed reverse sensor - Autocop - 4 reverse sensors and fitting - everything inclusive in 2300/- on my SX4.
Anyone else facing the issue of shaking clip-on mirror ? it shakes like hell even on a plain tarmac..
I have the same setup in my car and also faced the same issue. As a jugaad fix I have just put some thick foam between the two! The foam acts as a dampener and now there are no rattles and as foam is thick enough, the clamp-on mirror is very snug fit. It doesnt wobble a bit. Its quite good now actually. Give it a try.
Old 2nd April 2012, 14:06   #460
BHPian

I am buying a Beat and it will be driven by both me (6') and my wife (5'3"). My wife is a new driver and though a good driver, lacks confidence since a small mishap while parking and due to her height which doesn't give her good view esp. of rear.

so I decided to have a RPS installed. I am confused whether to get a camera or sensor considering -
1. size of the car (very small), visibility from hatch glass (poor)
2. 8000/- for Camera is a little out of budget
3. Giving confidence to my wife, that she can park is very important, as I want her to take this car to office occasionally in a couple of months (when she has enough road experience)

Last question - should I get it installed from the dealer I am purchasing a car or outside?

Please suggest.
Old 2nd April 2012, 14:45   #461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satishchugh View Post
I am buying a Beat and it will be driven by both me (6') and my wife (5'3"). My wife is a new driver and though a good driver, lacks confidence since a small mishap while parking and due to her height which doesn't give her good view esp. of rear.

so I decided to have a RPS installed. I am confused whether to get a camera or sensor considering -
1. size of the car (very small), visibility from hatch glass (poor)
2. 8000/- for Camera is a little out of budget
3. Giving confidence to my wife, that she can park is very important, as I want her to take this car to office occasionally in a couple of months (when she has enough road experience)

Last question - should I get it installed from the dealer I am purchasing a car or outside?

Please suggest.
Dude who told you to go in for sensor costing 8000? !! Get an autocop sensor installed (without camera) for approx 2300/- inclusive of fitting charges.
Get this done from outside - not the dealer.
Old 2nd April 2012, 15:01   #462
Senior - BHPian

I am looking at using the "MapMyIndia" display as the reverse display aswell, can save some money and will be multi-purpose. also has anyone have tried with Mobile phones? plug the mobile when u drive and use it for nav and aswel for the reverse camera??

Last edited by lohithrao : 2nd April 2012 at 15:16.
Old 2nd April 2012, 15:34   #463
BHPian

will it have any impact of warranty and chevrolet promise that I am opting for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Dude who told you to go in for sensor costing 8000? !! Get an autocop sensor installed (without camera) for approx 2300/- inclusive of fitting charges.
Get this done from outside - not the dealer.
Old 2nd April 2012, 16:12   #464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satishchugh View Post
will it have any impact of warranty and chevrolet promise that I am opting for.
I dont think it should matter - as it doesnt require any cutting of wire - it's just addition of stuff. Still get this verified from dealer itself !!
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2012, 13:41   #465
BHPian

Does the mapmyindia reverse camera have infrared night vision ? Their website has hardly any product specific detail on the reverse camera. Thinking of getting one installed for my car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks