Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2012, 11:10   #481
BHPian

re: The reversing camera & parking sensor thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
IMO, TASS will charge you a bomb for painting + re-fitting sensors. Its better you get exact quote from them for that first. However, if you get it fitted from them only then they would mostly not charge for painting sensors in addition to the basic cost.

Yeah those facts are there with original vs after-market and especially Chinese makes.
Exact quote for fitting+paint for 4 sensors on the rare is 6,000.
Quote for entire bumper paint is 8,000.

I don't know if fitting sensors from outside will mean they'll charge me for full bumper paint - or if that's what is needed.

I think 6,000 is expensive at least by 3,000 but since I'm not going paintshop for painting the sensors, TASS maybe cheaper than getting sensors from outside and then painting.
Old 25th April 2012, 11:38   #482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
Exact quote for fitting+paint for 4 sensors on the rare is 6,000.
I think 6,000 is expensive at least by 3,000 but since I'm not going paintshop for painting the sensors, TASS maybe cheaper than getting sensors from outside and then painting.
Yeah, I would say thats ok given that it is being done in-house at TASS.

Quote:
Quote for entire bumper paint is 8,000.
I don't know if fitting sensors from outside will mean they'll charge me for full bumper paint - or if that's what is needed.
They can/will not charge for full bumper paint just for sensors. They will remove the sensors, paint them and then refit them only, not the bumper. And knowing TASS, this is what they will do, IMO.
Old 25th April 2012, 11:44   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, I would say thats ok given that it is being done in-house at TASS.

They can/will not charge for full bumper paint just for sensors. They will remove the sensors, paint them and then refit them only, not the bumper. And knowing TASS, this is what they will do, IMO.
So you still think a complete install from TASS will work out cheaper and a neater job?

By any chance you got sensors from TASS on your Innova?
Old 25th April 2012, 12:15   #484
Senior - BHPian

Just checked the quote for a 2 sensor based reverse safety kit for my dad's Alto, INR 2600 is the best quote recieved so far from Bangalore.
Old 25th April 2012, 12:30   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Just checked the quote for a 2 sensor based reverse safety kit for my dad's Alto, INR 2600 is the best quote recieved so far from Bangalore.
That's quite a lot for 2 sensor kit, you can easily get a 4 sensor+3inch screen kit in that much.
Old 25th April 2012, 12:52   #486
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So you still think a complete install from TASS will work out cheaper and a neater job?

By any chance you got sensors from TASS on your Innova?
Naah, I haven't got any for my Innova (its pretty old now), did not need after initial days of trial and error. I am searching now only for our Etios. Got to see the work on other Etios's at TASS and it was pretty neat compared to outside works, matching paint, fitment in single line, alignments, equidistant etc. I would have got ours done from TASS only but they don't have the one I would like.
Old 25th April 2012, 12:55   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Naah, I haven't got any for my Innova (its pretty old now), did not need after initial days of trial and error. I am searching now only for our Etios. Got to see the work on other Etios's at TASS and it was pretty neat compared to outside works, matching paint, fitment in single line, alignments, equidistant etc. I would have got ours done from TASS only but they don't have the one I would like.
What is TASS offering? I think they have AutoCop and RedSoul? How much are they asking for install on the Etios?

I think TASS is the only option unless you can live with ugly black sensors or risk a 3rd party paint job.
Old 25th April 2012, 13:03   #488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What is TASS offering? I think they have AutoCop and RedSoul? How much are they asking for install on the Etios?

I think TASS is the only option unless you can live with ugly black sensors or risk a 3rd party paint job.
No, they are offering very bad options now at DSK Pune. Atleast earlier they had Xenos and Falcon with LCD+Cam+4 Sensors for about 10k incl sensor painting which would have been about 7k outside without painting. I will have to live with those black spots on bumper , won't get them painted from outside for sure.
Old 25th April 2012, 13:10   #489
BHPian

Quote:
No, they are offering very bad options now at DSK Pune. Atleast earlier they had Xenos and Falcon with LCD+Cam+4 Sensors for about 10k incl sensor painting which would have been about 7k outside without painting. I will have to live with those black spots on bumper , won't get them painted from outside for sure.
Get them painted on your next service :-)

Yes, don't get them painted outside, can wreck the whole bumper!
End of the day, with sensors everything is chinese, so brand does not really matter... What matters is warranty and how well its honored.
Old 25th April 2012, 13:32   #490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's quite a lot for 2 sensor kit, you can easily get a 4 sensor+3inch screen kit in that much.
Wow! Is it? Then I should be vsiting JC Road soon to explore more on this before making a decision. Thanks.
Old 25th April 2012, 20:11   #491
BHPian

I was given a quotation of 2.4K for 'Auto Cop Park-Pro' (MRP- 3.5K, fitting charges extra) at an accessory shop in Opera House, Mumbai yesterday.
Is this a good deal? And how's the performance of Park Pro, especially in nights/ in poor lights?
Dr.Vikas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2012, 21:48   #492
BHPian

Recently fitted sensor + cam on SX4. Make some dhc. With everything available chinese, I wasn't too picky. Costed me Rs 6200. Hired an electrician earlier working with Maruti for fitting. Paid sone 300-500 Rs to him. He did a neat job.

The cam display is in clamped RVM. I was initially apprehensive about it shaking vigorously as described by few here. But in practice it is perfectly acceptable. Seller had mentioned that this vibration problem was more true for earlier generation clamp on RVM not for recent ones.

This is the best combo as in my parking the system alerts against all columns in way and cam giving a true picture. Cam is installed on the bumper and hence can't see the ground below it. Most likely will miss dogs and cats in that region.

I think both are needed as they complement each other. My transition from small car to SX4 would have been difficult without both together.

In any case nothing can beat famous LOOK UP, LOOK DOWN WALK AROUND initiative. I have been helped more by this than by discussed guidance system. Though agree that it is not always possible to look up and down and walk around.

Rgds.
Old 25th April 2012, 21:49   #493
BHPian

As far as I know, the park pro has 3 different models. Which is the one you are looking for? Don't know about the performance. I think this post by NFS-II will be helpful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS-II View Post
Guys,

got Autocop's Park Pro installed on my car. Why choose Autocop over Voyager(only another brand that was available) was
  1. Autocop is a known brand.
  2. Clip-on internal mirror was grey in colour; matches my car interiors.
  3. The mirror has on-off switch for both beeper and display; fellow BHPians suggested this control is necessary.
  4. Silver sensors; matches my car colour.
Drawback:
is the clip-on mirror vibrates a lot! I knew this beforehand as I had read it on this thread. Seriously looking at ways to arrest this vibration.
Asked an expert about these sensors today. He said there's no big difference between the local and branded sensors.

Last edited by fast&furious : 25th April 2012 at 21:51.
fast&furious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2012, 23:49   #494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad.sailor View Post
Recently fitted sensor + cam on SX4. Make some dhc. With everything available chinese, I wasn't too picky. Costed me Rs 6200.
It should be this DHC Y-2635I model. Is it possible you could post installation and operational pics of the same?
Old 26th April 2012, 03:22   #495
BHPian

Thanks sindabad.sailor for posting the brand name here.
Guys, I found something very interesting on another website. A reverse cam (DHC brand) with night-vision for just Rs.1650. That's stunning! The pics indicate that it's very good. That one with a decent lcd display should be good enough for most of us. Comes with one year warranty too.

PS:Unfortunately I cant post the link here because you wont be able to follow it. Some senior members/regular visitors will understand what I'm talking about. To the others, sorry. I can post the link in text only format but I don't know if it's allowed here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks