Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2008, 18:29   #76
BHPian

Noce To Find You Mate. I Am Amaron Franchisee For Goa. Ashish.
Old 11th November 2008, 18:38   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
one more doubt, are there any differences between the various amaron models apart from the price and warranty? they all claim to have the same features
to both the amaron folks , any reply to this question?
PM me if you feel responding publicly may amount to advertising
Old 11th November 2008, 18:45   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
to both the amaron folks , any reply to this question?
PM me if you feel responding publicly may amount to advertising
WELL, THERE IS A SMALL DIFFERENCE.
1.THE BATTERIES WITH 3 YEARS AND ABOVE WARRANTY PERIOD ARE 'HI LIFE AND ZERO MAINTAINENCE SERIES' WHICH THEORITICALLY REQUIRES NO MAINTAINENCE, UNLESS AND UNTILL THERE IS SOME PROBLEMS WITH YOUR ALTERNATOR, THE FRESH AND BLACK RANGE FOR CARS ARE 'MAINTAINENCE FREE' BATTRIES, WHICH MEANS THAT THEY DO REQUIRE CHECK UPS MAY BE EVERY 3 MONTHS, OR DEPENDING UPON CONDITIONS OF USE
2. THE 5 YEARS 50 B20R/L BATTERY IS ACTUALLY A HIGHER AH CAPACITY THEN THE OTHERS
Old 12th November 2008, 15:47   #79

are u sure Bosch batteries are actualy manufactured by amaron ?.

thanks , i am unable to find this in any website or anywhere. & not aware of this information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmana2000 View Post
The Bosch batteries are actualy manufactured by amaron . Another thing which I would like to point out is the size of a car battery depends on the load estimated at the time of manufacturing .

The OE batteries are sufficient to run the stock headlamps , air conditioner and a simple HU .

Instead of going by brand names ,warranty , I would suggest while replacing a battery , please get a higher AH battery as it would help in easier cranking , better headlamps , ICE etc .

For example the swift comes with a 38 AH battery . My advice would be to replace it with a 45 ,50,55 AH batteries .

Most of the MF ( maintenance free ) batteries do require regular maintenance and they need to be topped up atleast once in 6 months . Except for SMF VRLA batteries all automotive batteries are supposed to be maintained.

Finally , most of the reputed manufacturers have good manufacturing techniques and the technology is still the same when it comes to lead acid batteries .

Personally , I would go in for the higher AH battery which is the cheapest to buy and I wouldnt really mind about warranty . I would go in for the standard 1 yr or 18 months warranty and not be confused by 60 months and pro rata basis replacement warranties .

Incase any one needs to know about a higher AH battery upgrade ,pls PM me , I will be able to give the model /manufacturer for upgrade .

Finally , prestolite in India is known as EXide the world over .
Old 13th November 2008, 00:20   #80
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiuc View Post
are u sure Bosch batteries are actualy manufactured by amaron ?.

thanks , i am unable to find this in any website or anywhere. & not aware of this information.
I heard this from the amaron people .

Guys , heard from prestolite that ORBITAL range of batteries will be launched by the end of november at the Automobile garage equipments show last sunday . Orbital holds the patent and optima is a licensee of that patent .

Last edited by greatmana2000 : 13th November 2008 at 00:27.
Old 13th November 2008, 13:53   #81
BHPian

Hi all,
I got a Tata green battery for my car. It is a DIN 60 battery and it cost me around 6900 Rs. This is after getting 400 Rs. for my old battery and around 500 Rs discount. Are these DIN batteries so costly.

I was using the OEM Exide for the last 4 years. The dealer told that the Tata Green battery has a different technology (It is based on some Titanium material). Anyone knows about it?
Old 14th November 2008, 19:58   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlover98 View Post
Hi all,
I got a Tata green battery for my car. It is a DIN 60 battery and it cost me around 6900 Rs. This is after getting 400 Rs. for my old battery and around 500 Rs discount. Are these DIN batteries so costly.

I was using the OEM Exide for the last 4 years. The dealer told that the Tata Green battery has a different technology (It is based on some Titanium material). Anyone knows about it?
they are good batteries but there are a lot of warranty problems with the Goa dealers9atleast). so please check it out
Old 14th November 2008, 19:59   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmana2000 View Post
I heard this from the amaron people .

Guys , heard from prestolite that ORBITAL range of batteries will be launched by the end of november at the Automobile garage equipments show last sunday . Orbital holds the patent and optima is a licensee of that patent .
yes i am pretty sure that Bosch batteries are made by Amaron
Old 17th November 2008, 14:27   #84
BHPian

Hello to everone
with reference to the posts on Bosch batteries, Yes Bosch batteries are contract manufactured by Amaron as I was the account manager for contract manufacturing the batteries during my tenure at Amaron.

But on the other side Bosch has its own marketing initiatives which are ably supported by Amaron with exclusive products though it comes from the same manufacturer.

With reference to any battery queries please write to me as I ve been with Amaron since introduction of the product, recently I ve switched to another auto major manufacturing gas springs for tailgate.

Cheers

Happy Motoring

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemm550 View Post
yes i am pretty sure that Bosch batteries are made by Amaron
Old 17th November 2008, 15:19   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridul View Post
Hello to everone
With reference to any battery queries please write to me as I ve been with Amaron since introduction of the product,
Hello,
I have a Toyota Innova Diesel. According to you, which make of battery would be most suitable in terms of long life and reliability.
Old 17th November 2008, 15:29   #86
BHPian

Hi
Stick to the manufacturer spec, the Spec I would recommend is Amaron GO 90D26R/L - 65Ah which is OE else you can go for Amaron FLO 105D31R/L which is 80AH if you have heavy usage.
The above batteries are reliable and do have a long time and all to get maximum out of the battery get the electricals checked up once in 3 months.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhusati View Post
Hello,
I have a Toyota Innova Diesel. According to you, which make of battery would be most suitable in terms of long life and reliability.
Old 17th November 2008, 17:47   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridul View Post
Hi
Stick to the manufacturer spec, the Spec I would recommend is Amaron GO 90D26R/L - 65Ah which is OE else you can go for Amaron FLO 105D31R/L which is 80AH if you have heavy usage.
The above batteries are reliable and do have a long time and all to get maximum out of the battery get the electricals checked up once in 3 months.

Cheers
hi Mridul, nice to see you on the forum. i am Amaron Franchisee for Goa
Old 2nd December 2008, 16:02   #88
BANNED

Whats the right battery for the Bolero?
Old 3rd December 2008, 01:59   #89
BHPian

guys i have a ford fiesta the stock battery is 43Ah i want to upgrade my battery for few reason like under car neon, hid for hi beam,low beam,and fog and two sub and amp.

if i upgrade the battery from 43Ah to 60Ah will the dynamo recharge it. will i have any problem

what is the recommend upgrade for these set up and i would like to go for Amaron battery

Last edited by BAKIYA_2K12 : 3rd December 2008 at 02:00.
Old 3rd December 2008, 09:32   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKIYA_2K12 View Post
guys i have a ford fiesta the stock battery is 43Ah i want to upgrade my battery for few reason like under car neon, hid for hi beam,low beam,and fog and two sub and amp.

if i upgrade the battery from 43Ah to 60Ah will the dynamo recharge it. will i have any problem

what is the recommend upgrade for these set up and i would like to go for Amaron battery
hi,
you might have a problem in fitting the battery in the battery box. i understand that the slot for fitting a battery is just right for only a DIN 44 battery, any ways you can go for Amaron DIN 44 battery as that will take care of all your accesoriescheers:

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks