Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2009, 19:08   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Jaggu : Bosch silver how much are they (rs) compared to amaron?
Jaggu, the prices are at par, but Amaron offers better wty (2+2). Bosch offers 12 or 18 months only.

For my 12V/75Ah, the 12 month unit is at 3.8k (after employee discount, no exhange price). Additional 6 months wty comes at abt 500-600 more.

Quote:
Rudra Sen : I may experience the same in future. But what can I do at this point in time? Do I have any better choice? Battery, I believe is a matter of luck.
Not much of a choice, I suppose. I'm going to give the Bosch a try. What better time to do it, than when I need a new battery. At the least, will know ..
Old 18th September 2009, 12:01   #122
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Best Amaron battery for Santro

Hi guys,

Need urgent responses on this one!

I plan to change my Santro's OEM Exide that's lasted a little over 57,000 kms as of today to Amaron.

Looking up the Amaron website, I have shortlisted the following models:

Amaron Pro-Model number: 36B20 (35Ah rating)
Amaron Pro-Model number: 42B20 (40Ah rating)

Which would be the best one to opt for? I dont mind upszing to the 40Ah rating, but I can't quite recall what is the original Ah rating of the Santro's battery right now.

Also, any info on indicative prices will be really helpful.

Will really appreciate your replies.

Thanks in advance,
gpa

Last edited by gpa : 18th September 2009 at 12:16.
Old 18th September 2009, 19:51   #123
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Santro battery replaced, am I in a fix? Help!!

I called up my SA and mentioned to him to see if he can change the old battery in my car as I have had no time to leave work early today. My driver was free and so I resorted to the last option of calling my HASS and asking them to coordinate with my driver to get a battery.

I told my driver that I wanted the Amaron Pro with the spec mentioned in my post below, but the guy went and bought a Amaron Go 38B20R battery!

He paid Rs. 3,000 for the Amaron 38B20R and got Rs. 500 from selling the old Exide which means Rs. 2,500 spent! This battery comes with a 36 month (18 month replacement + 18 month pro rata) warranty.

From what I read this is a 35Ah battery and the owner's manual of the Santro specifies a 40Ah battery as standard fitment. The car has front power windows and has a basic ICE setup. Initial feel when I cranked the car now is the car starts like new and even with all electrical load on, cranking is still fast.

Guys, am I in a fix for going in for a lower spec battery than specified? I maintain my cars scrouplously, and in fact the pervious Exide battery lasted for over four and half years (no trouble even once) and 57,600 kms only to be replaced today because of low cranking power especially in the morning.

Thanks,
gpa
Old 18th September 2009, 21:42   #124
Senior - BHPian

The battery should match the spec given by the car manufacturer, but having bought it what can you do? Still I think you will have no issues other than slightly faster discharge = slightly lower life. Check with the battery dealer if the spec is ok for your Santro and whether they will honour the warranty if need be. It is partly his duty too to check the spec before installing the battery.

I have replaced the failed Prestolite battery of my inverter with an Amaron Shield battery today. They gave a discount of Rs 1200 for the old battery and I paid Rs 7000/- Now my car, bike and inverter all have Amaron batteries!
Old 18th September 2009, 22:22   #125
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Still I think you will have no issues other than slightly faster discharge = slightly lower life.
Gansan, you are right. I figured that this might be the cae but thanks for confirming it. At the most I will stick on the the Santro for another 3 years before I exchange it or buy another car. If this Amaron holds on till then, which I'm sure it will I think the Rs. 2,500 is well spent.

Ah you lucky soul! You are really fortunate to have to an Amaron in your Alto. Did it come as a OEM fitment or did you trade another battery in for this at the time of delivery?

Also, which sub brand (Pro, Fresh, Go, Flo, Black) within Amaron do you have in the Alto?
Old 19th September 2009, 07:48   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Ah you lucky soul! You are really fortunate to have to an Amaron in your Alto. Did it come as a OEM fitment or did you trade another battery in for this at the time of delivery?

Also, which sub brand (Pro, Fresh, Go, Flo, Black) within Amaron do you have in the Alto?
It does not fall in any of the above categories. It is not the sealed maintenance free type but a normal one. I wanted ABT to give me a car with MRF tyres and Amaron battery as OEM and they complied.

The dealer who supplied me the inverter battery told me this type of car battery is supplied only as OEM and is not for sale outside. He further said it is enough to check the electrolyte level once in six months.
Old 19th September 2009, 09:47   #127
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It does not fall in any of the above categories. It is not the sealed maintenance free type but a normal one.

The dealer who supplied me the inverter battery told me this type of car battery is supplied only as OEM and is not for sale outside.
This is very interesting. So it could possibly mean that Amaron has a specific battery manufactured as a OEM part to be supplied to car manufacturers. Is the color of the battery green or black?

I remember Rudra saying a few posts below that his 2004 Optra had a black Amaron battery which could be the OEM battery that you are referring to.
Old 19th September 2009, 22:51   #128
Senior - BHPian

I think the color is white and only the top is green. There are no separate plugs for each cell but just two finger type lids hinged at the centre that cover three cells each. I will try and post a photo of this battery in a day or two.
Old 20th September 2009, 15:53   #129
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I will try and post a photo of this battery in a day or two.
Thanks, Gansan. Lookig forward to the photos.
Old 20th September 2009, 18:39   #130
Senior - BHPian

Hi gpa,
Here are the photos. Taken at 6.30 AM with my mobile phone camera, so kindly excuse the quality of image. The yellow tabs you see on the top are hinged at the centre and cover three cells each. They can be prised open from the sides and open upwards, same way the hood of the car goes up. My friendly Amaron dealer who supplied the inverter battery says these are manufactured as per the specs of the car manufacturer and not for sale outside. He says the water level can be checked during the six monthly service and it is enough.

OT: The last two photos show the parking arrangement in our apartment block. Each car has to back out of the compound after opening the gate directly behind it! A total of eight cars can be parked inside, so a total of eight seperate gates plus the main gate. This is the funny arrangement provided by our builder!
Attached Thumbnails
Amaron batteries-dsc00248.jpg  

Amaron batteries-dsc00249.jpg  

Amaron batteries-dsc00250.jpg  

Amaron batteries-dsc00251.jpg  

Amaron batteries-dsc00252.jpg  

Amaron batteries-dsc00253.jpg  

Last edited by Gansan : 20th September 2009 at 18:48.
Old 20th September 2009, 19:03   #131
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi gpa,
Here are the photos.
Gansan,

Thanks very much for the photos. Its now clear that Amaron manufactures a specific battery for OEM supply to various car cos. Interestingly, the number on the top of the battery is the battery code for the Alto.

OT: As for the builder and his designs, trust me, you are much better off than others!

Regards,
gpa
Old 22nd September 2009, 15:19   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys,

Need urgent responses on this one!

I plan to change my Santro's OEM Exide that's lasted a little over 57,000 kms as of today to Amaron.

Looking up the Amaron website, I have shortlisted the following models:

Amaron Pro-Model number: 36B20 (35Ah rating)
Amaron Pro-Model number: 42B20 (40Ah rating)

Which would be the best one to opt for? I dont mind upszing to the 40Ah rating, but I can't quite recall what is the original Ah rating of the Santro's battery right now.

Also, any info on indicative prices will be really helpful.

Will really appreciate your replies.

Thanks in advance,
gpa
hi,
i suggest you go for the Amaron Flo 42B20R with 48 months warranty, or the 50 B 20R with 60 months warranty price for 48 months warranty in Goa will be around 3100/- with exchange and 3900 for 60 months warranty
Old 22nd September 2009, 15:23   #133
BHPian

Quote:
This is very interesting. So it could possibly mean that Amaron has a specific battery manufactured as a OEM part to be supplied to car manufacturers. Is the color of the battery green or black?

I remember Rudra saying a few posts below that his 2004 Optra had a black Amaron battery which could be the OEM battery that you are referring to.
yes you are right. Amaron does make OEM batteries according to the makers spec, and they are white with black top, or completely black as in some cases, they also carry a lower warranty of 12 months from date of sale or 15 months freom date of manufacture, whichever is earlier. you know quality costs and the manufacturers always look for the lowest price.
Old 25th September 2009, 08:19   #134
BHPian

Recently my OEM Exide battery conked off in my WagonR after 5 years of service. Replaced it with Amaron Pro 50B20L for Rs. 3500 after exchange of the old battery. Now the battery packaging print says 48 months warranty while the dealer said its 60 months warranty, I am confused

Also what is the difference between 50B20L and 50B20R ?
Old 25th September 2009, 09:48   #135
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul View Post

Also what is the difference between 50B20L and 50B20R ?
The terminals are in different configurations. L-left, R - right. You select what is required for your car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks