Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2011, 00:12   #256
Senior - BHPian

re: Amaron batteries

The dealer's technician had come today to do the load testing of the battery.
The initial voltage was 11.9 volts only so load testing could not be done. The specific gravity of some cells were also low and one cell had very low electrolyte
Since he wanted to be sure that it's not a car problem, he took the battery to charge it completely for 12 hours and then the load test it tomorrow morning.
Old 27th September 2011, 15:57   #257
Senior - BHPian

He replaced / added the electrolyte in the cell, charged it for 12 hours and then did the load tested, and the battery passed the test. So now we have to see how long does this fix last...
Old 2nd October 2011, 22:12   #258
BHPian

I had to change my 4+ yrs old battery in my Magnum. It had Amaron so wanted to stick with Amaron as it gave no issues in 4 yrs. When i went for replacement, i was given 2 choices in Amaron one costed 7k + and there was another one Hi-Way(i think thats what its called) with lesser warranty that costed 4.4k. I went for the cheaper one as cost is close to half ( a bit more actually) and in case the life is half , even then i still dont lose.

Any idea what is the difference in two batteries?
Old 2nd October 2011, 22:24   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeo View Post
Any idea what is the difference in two batteries?
If the difference in battery prices is small, I would guess it would be a year or two difference in warranty, but you did get your battery for half the price so that makes me wonder - the pricier battery may have been something like a deep-cycle or tubular battery that can provide enough electricity for cranking, or perhaps a hybrid that gives you the ability to completely discharge while still giving you enough electrical power for cranking?
Old 7th October 2011, 14:17   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Got a few calls from Bosh dealers in Bangalore, S3 - 3,100 (1 year warranty) & S4 - 3,800 (2 year warranty) prices without exchange. They offered 500 for my old battery.

Finally went with Amaron flo with 4 year warranty. Got this for 3,200 in exchange for my old battery.
The car starts up a lot quicker now, the starter motor sounds happier
Can you please let me know the dealerships, where I can get myself a Amaron Flo in/around Old Madra Road/Indiranagar. The 4 year warranty looks good. Is this a zero maintenance battery? I need only a zero maintenance battery. I hope these batteries dont leak. I have to get some bodywork replaced in my Santro's engine bay because of a leaky battery.
Old 11th October 2011, 09:45   #261
BHPian

Just for the record, got a new Amaron Flo, in exchange for my old battery @ 3200, from SM batteries in Malleshpalya.

It has a 2 year replacement + further 2 year pro-rata discount on replacement warranty.
Old 11th October 2011, 11:03   #262
BHPian

I changed the Exide battery on my Lancer after 5 years from the date of purchase, till then i had no issues. and now i have bought EXIDE Matrix MA 45 L comes with 30 months replacement warranty.
Old 14th October 2011, 20:40   #263
BHPian

The OE exide in my Punto is taking longer times to crank these days. Checked the Amaron pitstop in Kochi today and he quoted 6.4K for the 50AH battery and 5.6K for the 45AH battery. All are Amaron FLO models. In the Amaron list, Linea (Diesel) is listed as a 50AH model. Punto diesel is not even listed :(

He offered a buy back of 500rs for the old battery. Does the price quoted look fine?
Old 14th October 2011, 20:49   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
He offered a buy back of 500rs for the old battery. Does the price quoted look fine?

Thats what the usually quote for the old batteries. But you OE battery is Out of warranty already? thats strange, did you check what is the problem with your present battery?

Pramod
Old 14th October 2011, 22:17   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Thats what the usually quote for the old batteries. But you OE battery is Out of warranty already? thats strange, did you check what is the problem with your present battery?

Pramod
yeah. OE Exide has only 18 months warranty. Now its over 2 years
Old 14th October 2011, 22:37   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
yeah. OE Exide has only 18 months warranty. Now its over 2 years

Talk to the A S S guys they are going a lot of extra miles to make customers happy, every month the Tata guys come to my colleague's house with Gifts to take a happy family pic, so to make sure you look happy in those pics they will do that extra, one of my friend is planning to go for a new tata, let me know you can use his reference as a trump card

Pramod
Old 15th October 2011, 23:21   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_rider View Post
Just for the record, got a new Amaron Flo, in exchange for my old battery @ 3200, from SM batteries in Malleshpalya.

It has a 2 year replacement + further 2 year pro-rata discount on replacement warranty.
Sorry I just saw your post now, Yes I got the same battery. It is pretty good
Old 3rd November 2011, 00:52   #268
A.R
BHPian

Just replaced the Amaron battery on my Baleno after 66k kms, 5 years. Returned the old one and the new one costed 3.7K @ a Maruti service center near Udupi.

I've had bad experiences with Exide on my M800. Amaron on the other hand has been trouble free.
Old 18th November 2011, 10:21   #269
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

After 4 years of hardwork on my Accent CRDI, Amaron DIN 60 retired.
Replaced with a new Amaron Go DIN65 costing is 7200 including VAT and buy back. Warranty is for 18months replacememt + 18 months prorata.

FLO was no longer available while enquired, else it had 24months replacement + 24 months prorata.

Also for the interest of Accent CDRI owners, DIN 60 is the perfect match (was not available readily). Since the bay is very congusted, had some trouble to install DIN 65 which is slightly bigger in size. Some bending of inner edges etc was needed.
Old 22nd November 2011, 22:21   #270
Senior - BHPian

Their 5 year warranty battery gave up at 2 years - but got replaced with zero drama. Helpfulness of the gurgaon franchisee was awesome. Had to get it replaced finally at delhi - and he kept in touch telephonically and ensured it was done just fine. Amaron rocks - the helpline worked as well everytime.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks