Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2008, 22:39   #46
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
========== OT ==========

Jack the Ripper was suspected to be a Doctor. Jack the Ripper prowled and murdered in Whitechapel, London. Our dear Doc is just back from the UK. Mmmmmmmm.

========================

About the ICE, we'll let him fit the CAI first. Then we'll pester him to death about ICE
hydra, jack the ripper was never caught. i dont intend to get caught either.

Old 16th January 2008, 20:33   #47
rippergeo

Spoke to Peter about the CAI- hopefully will happen soon,his people are on vacation, and I have another tvm/nagercoil trip coming up this weekend
checked my stock air filter- it was caked in dirt
knocked out whatever dust I could and went for a test run.

did three 0-100 runs at first, best time was 12.3 secs
considering that the stock swift diesel does it in 13.8 something, I was a bit dissapointed.
then I noticed...I had the AC on while doing the drag

repeated another run.
11.5 secs on skinny bridgestones with a choked air filter.
thats 2 secs off the stock swift already.

now this timing device is pretty low tech.
device used-my 90kg brother with a timex stop watch.
just see what a slightly cleaner(relatively) stock air filter can do!

engine now revs like a petrol- screaming all the way to redline.
110kmph in 3rd gear, i was earlier able to do only 80. the tacho now climbs the rev range faster than i can upshift in 2nd to 3rd.

things needed to make this car do a faster 0-100
1.better, skinnier driver
2.fatter tyres(I was spinning my wheels uselessly in all my launches)
3.cold air intake.
4.something like a Gtech to measure the performance
(will help me reduce weight by 90 kilos)

@BUSA and other pete'd maniacs, if you are reading this, when do i upshift? normally I upshift at 3000, but now able to hold each gear for another 1000rpm and more(revved it upto 4500 in 2nd) is that the best shift point? i.e 4000rpm? or is it too high? engine feels fine at that point, but i want to do it right.

@ kochi,tvm,and CBE bhpians, anyone have a gtech i can borrow?

Old 16th January 2008, 21:58   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@BUSA and other pete'd maniacs, if you are reading this, when do i upshift?
I upshift at 2800RPM, this way the turbo kicks in, in the next gear, if you shift at 3000RPM and above, then on upshifting you will be already in the turbo band and wont feel the kick.

Get the green filter and put the car in 5th gear at 60kmph and then floor the pedal to the metal, then you will see that the car goes like a rocket and with the CAI it feels like a petrol, revvs fantastically, the mid and top range is just mind blowing
Old 16th January 2008, 22:06   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
I upshift at 2800RPM, this way the turbo kicks in, in the next gear, if you shift at 3000RPM and above, then on upshifting you will be already in the turbo band and wont feel the kick.
Why would you want to upshift at a lower rpm and be below the rpm at which the turbo would kick in the higher gear? If it's already spooled up then it will be most effective then.

I remember tadukuttan putting up detailed shift points for a diesel. I'll try and find the link.
Old 16th January 2008, 22:09   #50
rippergeo

after cleaning the air filter(by banging it against a coconut tree) i saw my swift rev beyond 3200rpm for the 1st time.
never thought i'd have this much fun revving a diesel swift( i took it to 4500 with ease)

thanks to akshay and his peted innova for giving me the idea to look at the air filter. you wouldnt believe the amount of dirt in it. i'm going to religiously clean it every month after I get my CAI.

Old 16th January 2008, 22:51   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Why would you want to upshift at a lower rpm and be below the rpm at which the turbo would kick in the higher gear? If it's already spooled up then it will be most effective then.

I remember tadukuttan putting up detailed shift points for a diesel. I'll try and find the link.
You mean Effective in the sense fast, Yes! The car would be faster if the turbo is already kicked in, but when the turbo kicks in every time, then you get a sudden kick and for that alone, its worth shifting to make the turbo kick in again, its like the silence before the strom.
Old 16th January 2008, 23:30   #52
BHPian

This is to BUsa

Dear Busa,
In another thread you had mentioned about certain gear shift issues in your swift. Have they been rectified to your satisfaction?
Do you by any chance attribute the problem to installing the Pete's; resulting in higher torque which the gearbox may not have been able to handle.

Bye and wear your seat belts.
Old 16th January 2008, 23:47   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
Dear Busa,
In another thread you had mentioned about certain gear shift issues in your swift. Have they been rectified to your satisfaction?
Do you by any chance attribute the problem to installing the Pete's; resulting in higher torque which the gearbox may not have been able to handle.
It hasn't been resolved, as i have been too busy to send the car, have taken fixed a date next week with the service center, so they make sure they have a Swift ready for me, till my Swift gets repaired.

The reason for the problems is defective gear synchros by MSIL. Man of my batch vehicles are facing similar issues and none of them are Peted(except mine) All this can be attributed to MSIL cost cutting measures and nothing else. Many other Swifts and other cars are running Petes Digital Diesel Tuning Box since quite a long time and have faced no issues.
Old 17th January 2008, 00:44   #54
BHPian

any one on team bhp with Peted Verna or getz?
Old 17th January 2008, 01:27   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrnsss View Post
Hellstar has got his Verna, Peted.

Here is a link.

Peted Verna
Old 17th January 2008, 07:11   #56
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrnsss View Post
hey ram, are you getting ideas? a pete's on a getz CRDI? and i thought i was mad.

Old 17th January 2008, 08:27   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post

Think Thadu's said that when we you upsift, you go 1000rpm down. For a swift the turbo kicks in at 1800 or so and hence Busa gets the kick!
Old 17th January 2008, 09:50   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
Spoke to Peter about the CAI- hopefully will happen soon,his people are on vacation, and I have another tvm/nagercoil trip coming up this weekend...
just a tad curious out here but where in that stretch did you manage to go all out
i go mad driving on that stretch but the nagercoil-tirunelveli-tuticorin stretch is nice and straight and desolate and that's where i did a 180 on my petrol swift with a remus bolted on.
taking the same route tomorrow and this time i have a green cotton "wind" as added ammunition

happy riding \m/
Old 17th January 2008, 13:45   #59
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
just a tad curious out here but where in that stretch did you manage to go all out
i go mad driving on that stretch but the nagercoil-tirunelveli-tuticorin stretch is nice and straight and desolate and that's where i did a 180 on my petrol swift with a remus bolted on.
taking the same route tomorrow and this time i have a green cotton "wind" as added ammunition

happy riding \m/
i did some driving around in tvm, did the top speed on the airport road(Tvm) early sunday morning. will be doing nagercoil tirunelveli madurai sometime later. had done that stretch in the stock verna. cruising at 140 between tirunelveli and madurai. did not speed test. but you are right, those roads are brilliant for top speed runs. straight, wide smooth, with hardly any traffic, no pedestrians or cyclists(except for 2 crazy tourists I saw on long haul bicycles) and well marked diversions.

I'm not a big fan of top speed runs. i like acceleration more. did this particular run because i needed to see how far the pete's would take me. now that i know, wont be doing it again till the CAI is installed.

man how i wish we had a dyno nearby would let me avoid all these stupid top speed runs. is there a dyno nearby???

Old 17th January 2008, 13:53   #60
Senior - BHPian

Hve you noticed the sound of the engine increase trenmendously after 120kmph? Peted or not, there is more sound after 120kmph.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks