Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2008, 18:06   #31
bhp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
Are you talking about just the glass? Or the entire mirror assembly?
If glass only, how did they fit it?
i am talkin about just the glass...its easy to fit but it use to come out very often hence i fitted a mirror lock along with it so the glass doesnt come out even in the worst scenario now

@iceman

Are SGP suspension parts for the baleno available locally in the market.

wat should be the approx pricing if one wants to change both the front and rear suspensions
Old 24th September 2008, 20:37   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
I think, the stock clutch with fitting costs around 5k at a MASS.
For the Ceekay-Daikin one?
Old 15th December 2008, 21:01   #33
BHPian

I got the clutch plates, fly wheel, release bearing changed yesterday for my baleno. Used the ceekay daikin clutch, whole change price 5500 inc labour. Maruti A.S.S asked me 8500.
Old 11th May 2009, 14:18   #34
BHPian

I got my clutch, pressure plate, flywheel and clutch bearing changed from Mandovi in BLR, the costing was around 4k for the parts and 2.3k for labour. I also got the gearbox bearings changed at the same time and the total cost came to around 8.7k.. Also when in Delhi, I had gotten the clutch + pressure plate changed 3 years back and then it cost 4.5k at a MASS..

The rearview mirror is pretty easily available with local parts dealers in Delhi. I had both the mirrors fall off within 8 months of getting the car. The mirrors were costing around 1200 at the MASS, but they were out of stock. Typically the cost was between 100-150 rupees. The more expensie ones matched the original mirrors perfectly, while the cheaper ones were not concave ones.. Unfortunately after i replaced my left mirror with a cheap one, the thing never fell off :-(

-- no1lives4ever
Old 11th May 2009, 18:17   #35
bhp
BHPian

offtopic :-

Shouldnt pricing be same at all MASS.

Vitesse in mumbai quotes 3.5k labour for clutch and pressure plate change..
everywhere else the pricing seems to be lower as indicated by other bhpians..
Old 11th May 2009, 19:35   #36
BHPian

My RHS mirror was smashed by an IndiCab. Got a replacement one for about Rs 150, but was unable to fix it in place myself. I gave it to the A.S.S guys to fix, when car went for servicing.They fixed it OK, but it started to wobble after a few days. I took the mirror out and found that they had just glued the thing in place, because a couple of holders in the mirror had broken.
I put in a fresh coat of glue (Araldite) and left it alone for 24 hours. It has been a few days now and looks good so far.
Old 18th May 2009, 21:58   #37
BHPian

guys-the inside door handle of the baleno and the alto is the same[looks wise],i recently had to change it because of a valet at a hotel tried to open it when it was locked and it broke.the workshop guy mentioned it would take time after ordering it and is expensive and he suggested the alto door handle which is the same and way much cheaper.
Old 23rd March 2010, 15:51   #38
Senior - BHPian

O2 censor in my Baleno was not working as a result the CEL was always on...ALTO O2 censor was replaced for SGP & it suits fine. I was told that Baleno censors costs Rs.2.8K whereas the alto censors priced at 1.5k (never bothered to check that out on commercial front)
Old 25th March 2010, 22:36   #39
BHPian

sgp lower arm for baleno is 6800 each.when i asked at shetty motors (opera house )he said some linthron(indian make) is good one and you can get it for 2800 for pair!!can anybody tell me about its realibility.otherwise does it make sence to spend close to 14k only on lower arms for baleno!
Old 27th March 2010, 13:29   #40
Senior - BHPian

You can use the lower arms for about two years without issues. i have used two pairs till now.
will not recommend the local springs for shock absorber though.
Old 22nd April 2010, 22:58   #41
BHPian

SGP coil spring is for 4k.again 16k for coil springs alone? is there any hope that MGP will start producing suspension parts for baleno in near future??
Old 24th April 2010, 16:28   #42
Senior - BHPian

anyone replaced timing belt, tensioner and engine mounts in baleno. i wanted the price of MASS.
Old 24th April 2010, 22:13   #43
BHPian

engine mounts are again SGP and are priced at around 6.5k.dont have any idea about other things.
Old 26th April 2010, 16:19   #44
BHPian

The prices seems to be really high, lower arm is 4 times more expensive than esteem (1293 + taxes).

Not all parts are SGP, when I changed my clutch last year it was MGP, I got to know from my mechanic that SGP clutches are not available in the market for around 10 months..

Looking at the price, Now I think I need to baby my car around instead of thrashing it
Old 9th August 2010, 12:44   #45
BHPian

Can anyone help me on the inner mirror plate of ORVM's (both sides) for Baleno in Kochi ? I would like to keep away from the MGA or SGA, as they are really expensive and the MASS guys quoted me Rs.1500 / mirror. I got both my mirrors broken - the left one by an taxi and the right one by an insane truck. I got them replaced, but got after market ones and they are just plain mirror. This has very limited view area of the sides and hence I would like to have an urgent replacement(as I really struggle while reversing/parking the car). I saw in this thread that there are good quality after market mirrors that are cheaper, around Rs.250.

Where in Kochi can I get those ? ( I don't want plain mirrors)

(I don't want Rs.1500 to be wasted for any harebrained truck or cab drivers)

Last edited by firestorm : 9th August 2010 at 12:46.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks