Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2008, 00:06   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamerBoy View Post
@sujith

This is done. C068088 has a 5Y 100,000 Km package applied to it.

Good for you. You have got a fair dealing from your dealer. Cheers!

cheers:
BeamerBoy one more favor
could you please let me know whether they had applied for BSI ULTIMATE
OR BSI PLUS

as per what i paid then they should register a BSI ULTIMATE

It will be great if you can find it out thanks.
Old 14th November 2008, 23:38   #122
BHPian

The guys in the Foreign Post customs have got my ipod interface from past 20 days! god knows when they will release it and i can install it up!

Meanwhile, got the original german "bmw ///m" number plate frams from germany! just waiting to install it up!

and last week, i have installed a device called the "SPRINT BOOSTER", and the car flies with it! the mileage drop is nil, and the acceleration is at par or very close to the 530d!

I would say, every BMW should have one installed the moment its bought! makes a hell lot of difference!

cost me US$320, shipped to India.

If anyone interested, let me know and i will give other details on model no. and place to order.

A general info about the BMW Head Office in Gurgaon : They are the worst lot of people i have ever come across, their customer service manager - Mr. Mihir Dayal, and After Sales guys, and others, have been of ZERO help to me when it came to queries regarding the car and aftersales and BMW Genuine accessories.
When i called them, they inturn called the dealer and told me to sort out my issue, and the dealer tells me," Sir why did u call to the head office directly, please dont call them in future, and just tell us what it is", this is while i just couldnt get them to help me out!

Next time i have a problem, i am writing out straight to BMW EU office, the people there know "customer service" much better than the ppl employed at their office in India!

Last edited by Insane Devil : 14th November 2008 at 23:45.
Old 15th November 2008, 01:07   #123
Team-BHP Support

insane devil - i think pics of your car are long overdue.
Old 15th November 2008, 01:23   #124
Team-BHP Support

expected?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
A general info about the BMW Head Office in Gurgaon : They are the worst lot of people i have ever come across, their customer service manager - Mr. Mihir Dayal, and After Sales guys, and others, have been of ZERO help to me when it came to queries regarding the car and aftersales and BMW Genuine accessories.
When i called them, they inturn called the dealer and told me to sort out my issue
Why'd you go to the BMW HO for accessories anyways?
You always deal with the dealership directly, unless you have issues with the dealership operations.
Old 15th November 2008, 01:40   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujithnk View Post
BeamerBoy one more favor
could you please let me know whether they had applied for BSI ULTIMATE
OR BSI PLUS

as per what i paid then they should register a BSI ULTIMATE

It will be great if you can find it out thanks.
Hi sujithnk: Checked. It is BSI Ultimate, I got it checked for that chassis number. I recommend that you ask for the certificate or if it has been some time you ordered the package and your key is not reflecting the BSI status...just take up the matter with dealer owner.

Please do not delay a confirmation from the dealer. I resommend that you get a confirmation from the dealer. BSI must show on the key (if ordered a month ago) or via certificate or just get a confirmation on the dealer's letter head. I you do not have any of these yet, please escalate it to the HO. Remember to close this matter before December sets in.
Old 15th November 2008, 01:51   #126
BHPian

Quote:

When i called them, they inturn called the dealer and told me to sort out my issue, and the dealer tells me," Sir why did u call to the head office directly, please dont call them in future, and just tell us what it is", this is while i just couldnt get them to help me out!

Next time i have a problem, i am writing out straight to BMW EU office, the people there know "customer service" much better than the ppl employed at their office in India!
Quick Question: Car, Aftersales & BMW Genuine Accessories...this information is available at the dealers' end. I wonder what makes you go all the way to Gurgaon HO for that. HO (& even Mr. Dayal) as IMO foresee the retail end will be more specifically equipped that HO to handle retail queries & so what Dayal did, looks right to me. (Without Prejudice)...Retail always responds faster than wholesale...in general.
Old 15th November 2008, 03:24   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Insane devil: So you finally got the sprint booster! How exactly does it work, I believe it makes the throttle and downshifts faster but that would get irritating at times when you don't want to down shift but the car keeps doing so.
Did you have to get it installed at the dealership or was it a DIY?

Do upload pics which are long due
Old 15th November 2008, 03:30   #128
BHPian

ID sure the pics are long overdue and please share details on the Sprint Booster and if there were any problems importing this to India. I hope installation does not impact vehicle warranty.
Old 16th November 2008, 00:31   #129
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper english in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

firstly a very big SORRRY to all for not posting up the pics, yes, its long overdue, but think still waiting for morning to come

let me answer all the questions here now...

@AAH78 & BeamerBoy :
I very well know the dealership is the first contact point, and a lot of times the best. But in my case, it was the worst.
What made me contact the HO...?
1. When i was td'ing the car, i told i want a grey color, and they said they dont have it. after finishing the td, i told them if they cant give me grey in a months time, then i wont take it. Then the dealer calls me back in 10 mins, saying they ahve managed to bag a grey from some other dealer in India, and i have to pay 5 lk to book it right then within an hours time, to hold on to that color! i booked it, later on, then wanted to change to white, and they started making stories like its gonna be 4-6 months before i can get a white. I told, swap it with another dealer as they did for Grey, and they didnt have an answer. Hence i had to call up HO, to get clarity on that matter. Initially they were helpful in telling me their available lineup, and said white is very difficult to get in near future as all are booked by dealers.

2. I wanted clarification on the BSI+R package, and again, here BMW India is at a loss of words. I wanted to clarify that it is also an "EXTENDED WARRANTY" too, but the dealer just had some printed material to show me. Initially dealer said it is only repair package. Then i told him, i spoke to BMW HO and they told me its Extended WArranty too, and then he finds out from superiors, and gets back to me and says YES it is ext.warranty too.
My question here to BMW HO is.. There is no where in the printed material they have mentioned that it is an "EXTENDED WARRANTY" too! i saw with other cars, they all have clearly stated "extended warranty" if they are providing that. With BMW it is only written as "right to repair".
So now i asked the HO, about this, and says, "Sir, its written like that, but it is also Extended Warrant"! (Balls!) I told him to send it to me in writing and signed by the Customer Service head. He says, thats impossible. I just have to believe him.
Now see, he is on the job today, tomorrow he gets else where, and a new man comes and tells me - "sir! who the hell told u that! are u outta ur mind! its just right to "repair" not replace a defected part, after the manufacturer warranty is out!" so then what do i do! there is no printed article saying its ext.warranty too. hence i seriously see some flaws in this package.
I asked them why they dont add the "Oil Topups" also in the package as they are already charging a bomb for it, and he says "Sir, the dealers can misuse this service, and they can keep taking oil from the company, on the name of customers!" c'mon BMW, is that the kind of dealers u got! Are BMW trying to save each hair on their head! funny BMW speaking like that!

3. I wanted USB slot in the car, to access my USB drive thru the iDrive for music and movie. In the US and UK, there are 2 versions for this
A. USB Slot , accesory code - 6FL-xxxxxx
B. Access Control Module + USB Interface - This lets us play divx movies and mp3s and photos thru the iDrive
Now here the dealer has never heard of stuff like this, while its clearly mentioned in Pg.44 of the 5 Series Accessories Catalog they have with them. And so is the normal USB interface. Even after a week of my asking them, they didnt have a reply. I called up the Workshop, and there he says, "Sir, this vehicle's din in the accessory is currently not activated in their computer, and they have "NO INFORMATION" about it, meaning they dont know if i can get it or not. Then couple of days later he said yes i can get it, and i ordered for it, then he says he got message from BMW that it cannot be put to the 520d as the plugs are different!
In US & EU ppl with 520D have actually got it done.
HEnce again call to HO to clarify this, and they have NIL information on this.

And about Customer service personnel not lifting his mobile, and in turn calling up the dealer to talk to me, was a very very imature thing to do for a company like BMW. Lack of customer service it is. And the dealer has NO RIGHT to ask a customer not to call the HO and to talk to the dealer only. Its the customers wish he will call anyone he wants, and the person taking the customers call, its his duty to forward the call to the right dept, or inform the customer the best source to contact (either dealer directly, or someone in their dept.)

So yea, i had serious problems with the lack of information and knowledge of the Dealers.

phew! that was lengthy!

next,

@ Sahil : Man, u are gonna love it, just GO GO GO for it! i took this decission quiet late, i must say, i should have bought it the day i Booked my car! It doesnt Upshift or Down Shift at all, just increases the acceleration power by cutting out the delay. Ppl in EU are having it done on their 535d's too, and they are all swearing by it, ITs like, buying a numberplate for ur car! a must have.
ITs a DIY, very easy. Remove the cap covering the screw to ur Accelerator (bottom of the accelerator, where it is touching the floor) and unscrew the screw using a hex key. Then push the accelerator unit forward. and it will come off its clamp that holds it down.
Unplug the plugs behind the unit, and just attach this thing to either ends of the OEM plugs. that easy!
when u put back the Accelerator unit, this SB box will get snug fit between the carpet and the side of the Accelerator unit. After this, just reset ur transmission, u know how to do that! and u are game!

Sahil, get it man! dont be thinking so hard about it! u are gonna love it. Now my car is fast like the 530D in takeoffs and further accelerating!

Next mod : K&N Air Filter, and Power Box. Also thinking of the ///M Aluminium racing pedals. or AC Schneitzer ones. lets see.

@ Nishant Kingpin : Importing the SB is no problem at all, i ordered it thru the recommended dealer thru his eBay store, and in flat 4 days i had it in my office! hongkong is SO VERY NEAR at times! $320 shipped to ur door. No custom duty at all.

@Sahil and Nishant:

Buy ur boxes from this ebay store:
eBay Store - Parts Exporter Store: Sprint Booster, AUDI, BMW
And the model no. u want is BDD401A

Please see to it that u order for only this model. the A in the end is for Automatics. India has only Automatics in BMW. BDD401M is for Manual. IF u put the Manual in this, ur car will get very jerky.
So again, please be sure to buy only the BDD401A.

Last edited by GTO : 17th November 2008 at 15:11.
Insane Devil is offline   Received Infraction
Old 16th November 2008, 02:25   #130
BHPian

@ Insane Devil

Touche'. That sounds to me like 'Agnies Compounded'.

My empathies with you. And though long...your post now clarifies your earlier entry. Thankfully, my experience with the dealer has not been painful (or frustrating). Perhaps, it also depends upon the dealer & your dealer contact. Nevertheless I suggest you to see the following perspective if it helps relieve the .

- Car purchase: You opted for a 520 d (correct). That when launched was difficult to have in the given time & in the wanted colors. We all have these delivery issues across brands & it is the dealer who has to handle it.

- BSI & Extended Warranty: The clause read 'BSI+R extends the right to repair beyond the warranty period'. Which to me is extended warranty or whatever as long as my car is repaired thru the tenure, according to repair manuals & @ no cost to me.

- BSI Oil topups: Unfortunately, with these schemes...it is either take it or leave it. Just like credit card interest rates...can't be negotiated. Whatever the HO said (if that is THE ONLY reason provided) is sad.

- 520d with USB interface. Suggestion: if you have any chassis number (from US/EU) where this USB interface is retrofitted by dealer, you can ask the dealer to cross check it. Also, Navnit @ Bangalore I am told are quite good with accessories. Just ring them up and cross-check.

Just a few lines to ensure that my fellow bhp-ian continues enjoying his beamer. All the best.
Old 16th November 2008, 16:17   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

ID do you think you can take a few readings to check how much time the SB has shaved off your 0 to 100 figures. A 520d performing like a 530d is astonishing especially without an ECU remap. If you have access to a Gtech pro or iPhone dynolicious application would be good orelse a good stop watch might give a rough estimate too.
You can even courier me the SB instead for a test, i'll pay for shipping
Old 17th November 2008, 00:12   #132
BHPian

Sahil, my man! well, let me try and courier it to u. I wont be able to take the 0-100 readings properly.

But trust me mate, i thought a lot about it before buying, and now that i have bought it, its FANTASTIC! a very meagre amount to pump up ur thrust!

Sahil, the acceleration is lot quicker with this. The 530d is still more powerful, its like, at higher speeds, the 530d still retains its thrust like how it has in lower speeds. With the 520d, atleast half way thru your speedo, u got great speed!

Now, everytime i am at signal and take off, i get wheelspins! never got it without hte SB. Instant delivery of power, is what makes it all feel so heavenly! now u can imagine how much more good it will be with your 525d!

@ BeamerBoy : Thanks for the advice mate, will check up with Navnit Motors for futher clarification. but anyway, now i have ordered for the iPod Retrofit kit. If i am able to successfuly set it up, then that would mean, BMW is ripping its customers left right and centre in this matter, in India. Will clarify more on this only after i have it installed and running purrfect!
About the Extended Warranty, thats what i want to highlight - "Right to REPAIR beyond the warranty period"
two catches in this line -
1. Right to REPAIR - so i doubt they would be replacing the stuff if its not repairable. or atleast thats what the documentation says, and tomorrow they can definately deny ur claim to replace a malfunctioning part, if they are not able to just repair it.

2. Beyond the warranty period - this again shows that its not a complete warranty, but just some extra benefit, beyond the full benefits u get within the warranty period. Thats why its writted as "beyond the warranty period". They should have it like "extending the warranty period" or like "under warranty till the year/miles package choosen"

Last edited by Insane Devil : 17th November 2008 at 00:17.
Old 17th November 2008, 00:48   #133
BHPian

I had to do an oil top-up at 3200 kms for my 530d and had to pay around 1500 INR .

It sure drinks oil. My service manager told me that a 520 and 525d requires oil top-ups at around 5000 kms and 530's being a powerful engine might be a reason for it requiring at 3200 .

Got myself a phone kit all the way from chennai and am gonna fix it tomorrow so will let u know by wednesday and the delay is because they require time for programming .

Anyone has any suggestions for car washing please??

Also had a tie rod problem which was cleared under warranty. Apparently water got in and rusted and made some weird noise when i was turning the car but got it replaced

PS. As of now no issues with the dealers but only problem is they are very hesitant to sell accessories and i Don't know why ?

Beamerboy thanks a ton for your help and i have asked them for a certificate for the same which they told will be handed to me soon

Last edited by sujithnk : 17th November 2008 at 00:51.
Old 17th November 2008, 02:53   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujithnk View Post
I had to do an oil top-up at 3200 kms for my 530d and had to pay around 1500 INR .

It sure drinks oil. My service manager told me that a 520 and 525d requires oil top-ups at around 5000 kms and 530's being a powerful engine might be a reason for it requiring at 3200 .
Don't worry about it only the first top comes too early, thats because the engine is programmed from the factory to get an oil top up after running in. My 525d had its first top up at below 3000kms and i too was concerned. But some research on BMW forums returned that it was a common trait.
After this you won't have any complaints of it drinking excess oil.
There is no reason why the 530d should drink more oil since its the same engine as the 525d, the service manager had no answer so he is clearly BSing.
Old 18th November 2008, 23:38   #135
BHPian

Quote:
@ Nishant Kingpin : Importing the SB is no problem at all, i ordered it thru the recommended dealer thru his eBay store, and in flat 4 days i had it in my office! hongkong is SO VERY NEAR at times! $320 shipped to ur door. No custom duty at all.

@Sahil and Nishant:

Buy ur boxes from this ebay store:
eBay Store - Parts Exporter Store: Sprint Booster, AUDI, BMW
And the model no. u want is BDD401A

Please see to it that u order for only this model. the A in the end is for Automatics. India has only Automatics in BMW. BDD401M is for Manual. IF u put the Manual in this, ur car will get very jerky.
So again, please be sure to buy only the BDD401A.
Excellent can't wait to try it on. Am still unsure if there is impact on warranty as I remember this being a concern for all owners. Can anyone shed light if the warranty is going to be an issue with this not being installed at the dealers site.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks