Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2017, 14:02   #2161
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Front windscreen sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
I don't have 3M CR70, but from HuperOptik KLAR70 ...
They got some interest and attention (and buyers, obviously!) a few years ago on the forum. I seem to remember being impressed by what I read. Are they still around?
Old 7th April 2017, 14:28   #2162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
They got some interest and attention (and buyers, obviously!) a few years ago on the forum. I seem to remember being impressed by what I read. Are they still around?
Huper Optik no longer sold in India, earlier they are distributed by Opulent India, who have ended their dealership with Huper Optik. Dealer with whom I put film now deals with 3M.
Old 10th April 2017, 13:41   #2163
BHPian

Quote:
Windscreen only should cut glare. Do you find it easier on the eyes? That, alone, might be worthwhile. But, for heat rejection: do the the whole car.

But I think you, or your passenger will notice the difference when the sun is blazing on the side of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrahul View Post
the burning sensation due to direct sunlight is almost non existent now.
Yes, the burning sensation from direct sunlight has disappeared. But unfortunately, it still burns when sunlight hits from the sides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKS View Post
Please provide your views on night driving after sunfilm installation . Does that help ?
It does help significantly. Though it doesn't cut the glare altogether, I find myself screaming against high beams a lot less now.

Is the Garware one better than CR70?
Old 10th April 2017, 13:43   #2164
Distinguished - BHPian

My only sunfilm experience was CR70, on my first Polo with clear glass. Loved it. Don't know about other makes, though.
Old 25th April 2017, 22:55   #2165
BHPian

Gone ahead with Garware setup based on expert opinions of Condor and other fellow tbhpians. It was executed by Shreyas and his team. They were at my location at the committed date and time and got it done without any fuss. It was smooth and delightful experience. Workmanship was top notch.

The results are clearly noticeable. The auto climate control now stabilizes pretty soon compared to old times. I wish I never get pulled over by the traffic police and lose the film!

Windshield: Ice Cool Shield (Green), Rear and other windows RS-60. Quite happy and satisfied with my decision and the results
Attached Thumbnails
Front windscreen sunfilm?-18010598_10154665598697569_3072781726660949750_n.jpg  

Front windscreen sunfilm?-17992030_10154665598802569_3426393245396615632_n.jpg  

Front windscreen sunfilm?-17990814_10154665598867569_4199803409146047684_n.jpg  

Front windscreen sunfilm?-18118457_10154665598767569_1898980953514896246_n.jpg  

whitesquall is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2017, 18:14   #2166
BHPian

Has anybody installed a Blaupunkt Sun film.

I checked their websites, these guys are the Audio folks who also make sun film. I was given to understand these are also used for Buildings.

I spoke to my trusted Accessory shop - Sachin's Autoshop @Kormangala and he has suggested the A72 (ceramic based) which has 72% Visibility and 52% heat reduction. I'm looking to get this installed on the front windshield.

Does anybody have any experience using this product. Please share.

Last edited by no_boundaries : 27th April 2017 at 18:16.
no_boundaries is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2017, 14:44   #2167
BHPian

Hi All,

This is my first post on Team-BHP and thanks to the admin for passing me through!

After years of having used Team-BHP for all automobile knowledge, I felt it's time to become a part of this elite team and contribute some.

My latest task accomplished through Team-BHP was getting sunfilm for my brand new Baleno. After an extensive research and comparison between 3M, VKool, and Garware, finally zeroed in on Garware Ice Cool Shield for the front windshield and RS60 for all others, including quartercut glass and rear windshield. Decided to get this job done by Shreyas (as per the recommendations of senior Team-BHP members, i.e., Condor and Amalji) and called Shreyas for an appointment. The two guys who does this for Shreyas seem well trained and absolutely committed. However, the moment they started work on my car, it started raining heavily and it seemed impossible for them to complete, but Shreyas, being aware that I had traveled there quite a distance, didn't want me to go back with job undone, and hence, took my car to his house along with his two guys and got the job completed in his house garage the same day. I was impressed with their dedication and workmanship and would recommend them any day for this job. Coming to the quality of job, so far I haven't noticed any issues and it looks perfect and stylish. Compared to my first car (where I had got the same job done by a roadside vendor and repented), I am glad that I went with Shreyas and his team this time. Finally, realized that more than the brand/product, it's the hands which do that matter.

Like whitesquall, I too hope not getting pulled over by traffic cops!!

Regards,
shijanto4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2017, 19:12   #2168
BHPian

I have it on the Cruze. The film is fine as long as you are not driving against a setting or rising sun. First two years is okay but after that visibility is severely compromised. A haze develops in the glue used in Garware Icecool Shield that holds the film onto the glass. The one big benefit is that AC can be used in one speed slower.

Last edited by drpullockaran : 20th May 2017 at 19:13.
Old 5th September 2017, 18:38   #2169
BHPian

I waited for Shreyas to come back on a confirmation on when he'd be able to take up my car for the install. Well, I'm still waiting.

Got the CR70 installed today at 3M on the front and ER70 on the rear windshield. Costed more than what Shreyas offered but I hope the cost justifies the quality.
Old 5th September 2017, 22:47   #2170
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_boundaries View Post
... hope the cost justifies the quality.
Or... the other way around, even.

Would love to put CR70 (or even CR90) on the Polo, but haven't dared to. It's just too much money to lose if I meet an awkward policeman.

Thankfully, a large percentage of my driving is in the evenings.
Old 6th September 2017, 07:52   #2171
BHPian

I was pulled over by Bangalore traffic cops for random checking 2 weeks back around Lal Bagh - JC road area. First thing he checked was the sunfilm by running his hand over the windows. Luckily, I do not have any on the windows and was let off after checking the docs.
Old 6th September 2017, 08:36   #2172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
I was pulled over by Bangalore traffic cops for random checking 2 weeks back around Lal Bagh - JC road area. First thing he checked was the sunfilm by running his hand over the windows. Luckily, I do not have any on the windows and was let off after checking the docs.
Yikes! What actually is their problem now? The intention of banning the sun-film was to have a visibility inside the cabin to avoid any anti social activities.

While I am still not convinced that this move has brought even 1% drop in the number of crimes, the cops are having a gala time harassing us and creating pocket money!

I got caught few years ago in this finger-rubbing technique, and had to fund that Police guy's snack before I could get going.
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 12:15   #2173
BHPian

Quote:
Thankfully, a large percentage of my driving is in the evenings.
As most of your driving is in the evening you may never get caught for a sunfilm violation, that too in Chennai.

Trust me, these films are hardly visible from outside and there is fair visibility of the passengers inside even at night. Specifically, after confirming this I went ahead with the install. I know I'm breaking a rule here but the intent is to shield from the heat and not to propagate any anti-social activity.

If a person wants to deliberately look for a film that too specifically on the windshield then they'd find. This is most unlikely to happen unless the cause of the check is rash driving or a sun film on side windows that blocks total visibility from outside.
no_boundaries is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 12:57   #2174
BANNED

Remember use of Sunfilm esp in the front has been outlawed by the SCI. So do it your own risk.
sgiitk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 13:55   #2175
Distinguished - BHPian

Very much agree with both previous posts!

Sadly, law enforcement is determined by fashion. Yesterday one thing, today another. Next thing on the list will be the original-dl, as discussed elsewhere. Who knows when Sun film will come around again!

Anyway, ten months of the year I can stand the sun. My wife complains. We should have swapped our mother-countries!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks