Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2011, 21:31   #5416
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Got a chance to test the NB+ on the highways. Must say i'm a little disappointed. The low beam is simply excellent i'd give it a 9/10 rating. It really lights up the road to such an extent i don't find the need for fog lamps in the city.
The high beam i'd give a 4/10 the beam has a blueish tinge to it and i feel is very weak. On a single lane highway, my high beam is almost useless(though i switch to low beam for oncoming traffic) its good only on 4 laned roads with a divider.

PS: Is it possible that the high-beam alignment may have gone haywire when the low-beam is fine? Car is Skoda Octavia 1.9tdi

Last edited by shashank.nk : 16th August 2011 at 21:32. Reason: underlined the last sentence
Old 16th August 2011, 21:51   #5417
BHPian

Hi all

I have a safari which has the standard headlights which I find extremely insufficient(even the Tata Ace has better headlights than the safari) I want to change the bulbs of the headlights as well as the fog lights to something more powerful and should give a white color output so what do you suggest I go for?
Old 16th August 2011, 22:04   #5418
BHPian

[quote=Night_Hawk;2466302]Auxillary lamps will be the next upgradation. Just researching on antitheft measures for the ALs ; and once confident will go for them.

i have installed 100/90 seems ok , however Aux lamps are the best option. Am planning to get Rallye 3003 / 4000 . May be we can buy together so that we can bargain for better price . Any options you know of in hyd ?
Old 17th August 2011, 00:53   #5419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
i have installed 100/90 seems ok , however Aux lamps are the best option. Am planning to get Rallye 3003 / 4000 . May be we can buy together so that we can bargain for better price . Any options you know of in hyd ?

Rally 3003 was available with Twisters ( Rd No.7 B' hills), Pit-stop(Somajiguda) and Motoxis (B'hills) they were quoting in the range of 6.5 to 7 k. The last outlet was saying they even have pair of Light force 240 Blitz avaiable in stock.

Due to unavoidable circumstances, I have deferred the buying of Auxillary lamps.

cheers!
NH
Old 17th August 2011, 11:53   #5420
BHPian

In US you can get Rally 4000 with euro bean pattern driving lights for $116 for the complete kit,problem is shipping or asking someone to carry it back. Isolux chart shown 500mtrs of visibility on halogen bulbs.
rm_arjuna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2011, 15:48   #5421
BANNED

Guys
Yesterday installed Hella MICRO DE with 6000k hid in my Swift. The bulb used is H3. Cost of DE , 5200/- inc. installation charges. I already had h3 hids .First impression is very positive. Light has good spread.
Attached Images

dilipkumar7278 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2011, 17:01   #5422
Distinguished - BHPian

@dilip - It's looking good. How about some night pics now? Would love to see its performance.
BTW, from where did you buy these? Is it from Cochin?
Old 17th August 2011, 17:10   #5423
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_Hawk View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. Point noted.
What i will do is , i will buy a pair of 90/100 for city and for OK highways. Only for the road trips where the situation really warrants, i will swap with 100/130 on a trip to trip basis.
In most cases, 90/100 is more than enough on our highways. 100/130 are way too bright and may cause more damage than help by making opp drivers uncomfortable with such bright light penetration.

Besides, regular usage of 100/130 may black out the front headlamps due to its high intensity.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2011, 17:22   #5424
BHPian

Guys , i got a Skoda vRS with Xenons on low beam and halogen on high beam, i'm feeling the visibility is low on highways despite of Xenons doing duty , i feel the high beam has to be improved , some of the BHPians are already plucking down the HIDs from their Headlights , how can i improve the visibility at nights ? can someone help ?
Old 17th August 2011, 17:33   #5425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Thanks for the revert Naveen. They have not provided any quote and are asking me to leave the car with them for 3 days only then can they complete their work. Cant do it as they are in delhi and me in mumbai. Will have to hunt for local options.

There is one more website i found which sells such kits in india. Performancezone.co.in.
These guys are selling the kit for 17k.

So correct me if i am wrong. In the above snap that i uploaded, one will be a low beam projector and the other being a reflector type where our normal halogen bulb like 100/90 can be fitted and which will have high and low beam as usual. Am i correct?

Thanks

Hey Desmo

I Know a Shop in Bandra who can install this projector setup ,
I have an OHC total cost as told by the guy was rs11,500 & 500 more if i want the reflectors painted matt black
ryan_wheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2011, 17:35   #5426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
In most cases, 90/100 is more than enough on our highways. 100/130 are way too bright and may cause more damage than help by making opp drivers uncomfortable with such bright light penetration.

Besides, regular usage of 100/130 may black out the front headlamps due to its high intensity.
mobike008, I agree !

I will be using 100/130 only for specific trips with a sensible use of hi-beam ( eg., NH-219 with innumerable blind curves; conditions warrant brighter light for night drives)

90/100 will be for general / regular use again with a careful use of hi-beam
Old 17th August 2011, 23:16   #5427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_wheelz View Post
Hey Desmo

I Know a Shop in Bandra who can install this projector setup ,
I have an OHC total cost as told by the guy was rs11,500 & 500 more if i want the reflectors painted matt black
Thanks Ryan. Can you PM me the contact details or share it here as well for the benefit of others.

Cheers,
Raj
Old 18th August 2011, 09:31   #5428
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajid33 View Post
Guys , i got a Skoda vRS with Xenons on low beam and halogen on high beam, i'm feeling the visibility is low on highways despite of Xenons doing duty , i feel the high beam has to be improved , some of the BHPians are already plucking down the HIDs from their Headlights , how can i improve the visibility at nights ? can someone help ?
Since you already have projectors, you can stick with HID's on low. Try Philips. As for the high beam, go for higher rated bulbs (90/100w). Philips is the best choice for this as well. I have tried using halogens on my projectors. It didnt perform well. Projectors work best when HIDs are used.
Old 18th August 2011, 13:48   #5429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Thanks Ryan. Can you PM me the contact details or share it here as well for the benefit of others.

Cheers,
Raj

Sure - Sainath
Contact person Rishi - 9820122334
email - rpunjabi29@hotmail.com

Hey you have a Vtec too right ?
ryan_wheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 17:13   #5430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_wheelz View Post
Sure - Sainath
Contact person Rishi - 9820122334
email - rpunjabi29@hotmail.com

Hey you have a Vtec too right ?
Yes, i also have a Vtec but thinking of selling it and going for a hatch as its too big drive within the city. parking it in small areas is also a pain.

But thanks for the info.

CHeers,
Raj

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks