Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2011, 14:26   #5356
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Experts,

Please suggest better headlight setup for Scorpio since the stocks suck big time . I dont want to go for HIDs. Just a good bulb upgrade along with efficient relay kit would do.

Thanks in Advance,
Rajesh
I find the stock one's to be adequate for crusing at 80-100km\hr on highways.
Stock one's are Phillips H4-60\55.
You can get Osram Nightbreakers with a relay and wiring.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2011, 14:45   #5357
Senior - BHPian

Hi Naveen,

Please find the picture of the projector setup offered by Retro Rides.
Picture taken from RetroRides Facebook page.

Thanks
Raj
Attached Images

Old 27th July 2011, 14:49   #5358

Quote:
You don't need relay and wiring for Osram Nightbreaker bulbs. They are 55/60 bulbs. I was using this bulb since Aug 2008 on my verna. Quiet happy with it. I did 120 kmph on NH46 at night with this bulbs. 2 weeks back, after I took the car from service center, I found the low beam of the left side bulb is gone. So, decided to give Phillips Xtreme vision a try. Got is from A K Traders for Rs. 900 (pair). Fitted it. Till now I am happy with it in city. Will take to the highway and check the performance. The first impression is the xtreme vision gives a much wider ilumination than the night breaker. Night breaker is a bit white than the xtreme vision. I found driving in rain with night breaker was a bit difficult.

I am not an expert in this mater. I wrote my experience of night breaker and xtreme vision on a verna.
pratip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2011, 14:57   #5359
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Hi Naveen,

Please find the picture of the projector setup offered by Retro Rides.
Picture taken from RetroRides Facebook page.

Thanks
Raj
Thanks for the pic. Yes, as expected the low beam will be the projector type and the high will be reflector type. HIDs will be used in the projectors while normal halogens will be on the reflectors.

Did you get the price/quote from them? Nowadays many shops provide HID kit along with the headlight assembly. As for this model, I guess they would be providing one pair of HID's since HIDs are not not recommended to used on reflector type setups. Also, there will be the cost factor. I guess this would come around 15k. Correct me if am wrong.
Old 27th July 2011, 15:04   #5360
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the revert Naveen. They have not provided any quote and are asking me to leave the car with them for 3 days only then can they complete their work. Cant do it as they are in delhi and me in mumbai. Will have to hunt for local options.

There is one more website i found which sells such kits in india. Performancezone.co.in.
These guys are selling the kit for 17k.

So correct me if i am wrong. In the above snap that i uploaded, one will be a low beam projector and the other being a reflector type where our normal halogen bulb like 100/90 can be fitted and which will have high and low beam as usual. Am i correct?

Thanks
Old 27th July 2011, 16:15   #5361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
You will be able to flash the lights. Although HIDs take time to warm up, it's possible to flash the lights. I have seen this in my car and the flash is pretty bright for other cars to notice.
Thanks for the assurance Naveen. I think I'm all set. Cant take the stressful night drives any more. Will take the plunge this weekend and post pics.
Old 27th July 2011, 16:29   #5362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Go for Philips 90/100w Halogens bulbs. There are many models available in Philips though. Make sure you have ceramic holders, relays and proper wiring harness for this.
Thanks Naveen, are you aware if the Scoprio has ceramic holders ? I am going with Hella wiring kit, please suggest if there is any alternative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
I find the stock one's to be adequate for crusing at 80-100km\hr on highways.
Stock one's are Phillips H4-60\55.
Akshay: In my previous vehicle (Bolero) I had 130/100 Philips bulbs and comparing the stock 60/55 is as good as not having the headlights.
Old 27th July 2011, 20:31   #5363
Senior - BHPian

Projectors for OHC

Got this for the OHC from PerformanceZone.co.in. This as shown in the attached pic has 2 HID Pods on each headlight with the angel eyes as well on both pods and LED indicators. These cost 25k. You can send them your headlights or they shall procure new ones (ofcourse with added cost) and prepare the whole kit and send it back to you.
Option of high beam / low beam will be there.

i asked whether we can have 1 pod having the projector HID and the other having a reflector setup with a normal halogen lamp, they said no.

Somehow i am not too comfortable with only HID. A normal halogen is anyday easier to replace and maintain.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-performacezone-ohc.jpg  

Old 27th July 2011, 21:06   #5364
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
So correct me if i am wrong. In the above snap that i uploaded, one will be a low beam projector and the other being a reflector type where our normal halogen bulb like 100/90 can be fitted and which will have high and low beam as usual. Am i correct?
No dude. The projectors will act as the low beam and the reflector type as the high beam. The reflector wont act as both low and high beam.

Also, I kinda didnt like the quality of the latest pic that you have attached. Definitely not worth 25k though. Retro rides projectors seems better. Am sure you will be able find good ones there. Try some of the best local accessories shops there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
Thanks for the assurance Naveen. I think I'm all set. Cant take the stressful night drives any more. Will take the plunge this weekend and post pics.
All the best dude. Waiting for your update.

Quote:
Thanks Naveen, are you aware if the Scoprio has ceramic holders ? I am going with Hella wiring kit, please suggest if there is any alternative.
Am not sure on this. Please check this before going for the installation. Hella wiring kit is good. That should do the job.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2011, 17:15   #5365
BHPian

Finally got some time to write about my DIY on my Honda DIO where I fixed a HID kit with a few modifications.

I have tested it to the maximum of an hour of night riding till now within the city with full of traffic but the battery and light is still going strong. The light definitely stands out in the traffic and the power is much better than the stock bulb. I know it is a new battery so will keep an eye on how it performs as it starts to age.

The low beam is superb and the high beam is up in the eyes of the truck drivers. I never use the high beam unless someone is really not ready to understand that his light is blinding me. A few blips and all seems to get the message loud and clear and oblige with a low beam in return.

I am liking all of this as of now.

Last edited by sudipta : 30th July 2011 at 17:17.
Old 31st July 2011, 12:42   #5366
BHPian

Came across these videos about Audi's LED lighting technology while browsing youtube videos on my TV.

Old 1st August 2011, 10:52   #5367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The stock holders aint ceramic one's Rajesh. They are just the regular Bakelite/plastic stuff. Get the hella wiring with 130/100's it should be good enough. I have been running with these for like close to 2 years now and no problems what so ever.
Old 1st August 2011, 10:58   #5368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
The stock holders aint ceramic one's Rajesh. They are just the regular Bakelite/plastic stuff. Get the hella wiring with 130/100's it should be good enough. I have been running with these for like close to 2 years now and no problems what so ever.
Thank You Riju, I got the 130/110 installed with Hella wiring kit. Now the beam is really good. Just the low beam is enough to light up the road and these are as good as high beam on the stocks ones.
Old 1st August 2011, 11:11   #5369
BHPian

Quote:
Thank You Riju, I got the 130/110 installed with Hella wiring kit. Now the beam is really good. Just the low beam is enough to light up the road and these are as good as high beam on the stocks ones.
hi wont 130/110 damage the reflectors and headlamp in long run ,currently am running on 100/90 and heats up a lot.
Old 1st August 2011, 15:04   #5370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratip View Post
You don't need relay and wiring for Osram Nightbreaker bulbs. They are 55/60 bulbs. I was using this bulb since Aug 2008 on my verna. Quiet happy with it. I did 120 kmph on NH46 at night with this bulbs. 2 weeks back, after I took the car from service center, I found the low beam of the left side bulb is gone. So, decided to give Phillips Xtreme vision a try. Got is from A K Traders for Rs. 900 (pair). Fitted it. Till now I am happy with it in city. Will take to the highway and check the performance. The first impression is the xtreme vision gives a much wider ilumination than the night breaker. Night breaker is a bit white than the xtreme vision. I found driving in rain with night breaker was a bit difficult.

I am not an expert in this mater. I wrote my experience of night breaker and xtreme vision on a verna.
Pratip: looking forward for your inputs on this XV bulb.
I have a Xylo and posted by query here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2435017

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks