Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2011, 15:11   #5371

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Hi Folks,

I have been surfing the existing threads and finally thought it would be best to post my query over here regarding advice on "Retrofitting Projector headlamps in my 2006 Esteem".

PS: Mods please move my Post to appropriate thread if its repeat-ting.(But i didn't get the right thread for my query)

Query:
- I assume the 2006 Esteem comes with a Clear(somewhat) Headlamp unit. So can I go for Projectors in here(I mean by modifying the reflectors of course.)
- I need both Low and High beam from these projectors(have seen the effect in Audi Q7). So i believe its only possible if have Bi-Xenon projectors ? Folks , please correct me if am wrong here.
- Which brand to go for, if I need to source them from Taiwan/Singapore or from US ? Please suggest the best one as I put Quality first before Price.
- After all these queries , I know you guys may ask how are you going to do it? I am planning for DIY. So Please suggest me a link maybe in Team-Bhp or elsewhere where DIY is done for Esteem.
- Also if any one knows somebody in Bangalore who have done a good job in Projector retrofitting, appreciate if you can share their details.
- Which HID brand to go for as I need Crystal White light(5000K)?

Thanks a ton !

Cheers
Hi Fellow BHPians,

Once again please help me out with my questions here. Appreciate your responses.

Cheers
Old 1st August 2011, 15:53   #5372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipta View Post
Finally got some time to write about my DIY on my Honda DIO where I fixed a HID kit with a few modifications.

I have tested it to the maximum of an hour of night riding till now within the city with full of traffic but the battery and light is still going strong. The light definitely stands out in the traffic and the power is much better than the stock bulb. I know it is a new battery so will keep an eye on how it performs as it starts to age.

The low beam is superb and the high beam is up in the eyes of the truck drivers. I never use the high beam unless someone is really not ready to understand that his light is blinding me. A few blips and all seems to get the message loud and clear and oblige with a low beam in return.

I am liking all of this as of now.
Good to hear that your Dio is supporting a HID without any mods, am surprises to hear that actually as one of my friend tried and disappointed with the setup due to battery issues.

BTW, its too cruel for having an HID on a scooter especially on Honda steeds where head lamps are positioned very high. Even on a stock halogen high beam will make you blind.
Old 1st August 2011, 16:03   #5373
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leinad View Post
Hi Fellow BHPians,

Once again please help me out with my questions here. Appreciate your responses.

Cheers
might want to take a look at this.
I think these are morimotos.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-retrofit.html
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 12:37   #5374
BHPian

Hi,

I have two parts to my post - a review and then a question.

First-off, I had gotten the number for Krishna Sales the OSRAM distributor in Delhi to find out H3 Nightbreakers by doing a search on this thread.

He hadnt heard of Team BHP, so wasnt too sure if anyone had called him as yet regarding the bulbs. Anyhow, he told me that the bulbs weren available but he would get them in for me and send them to a shop which was closest to me. He quoted INR 400 a pair, and said he would get in touch with once he was sure.

I didnt expect him to call me back but I got a call within 15mins, saying the prices was INR 600; and that I should confirm availability of the bulbs by Thursday but the bulbs should be in a Lajpat Nagar shop by Friday. All in all, a really good experience, didnt really expect something like this from a distributor getting a call out of the blue.

Secondly, I have a pair of Hella 500 in the front of my car with the plastic (white) rock shields on them, the standard ones you get. I came across these clear rock shields for the Hella 500s online but they are priced at INR 2300 shipped. Does anyone know where you can get either one of the two shields pictured below in Delhi?

Thanks!

Ideally I'd prefer the clear ones, but any one of them would do. Thanks for your help again!

Sorry for the massive pictures!

Last edited by anantnehru : 2nd August 2011 at 12:39. Reason: Added images
Old 3rd August 2011, 11:30   #5375
BHPian

Any pointers for Lightforce fog lamps in Bangalore. A vendor near to my place is quoting 19.6k for 140Lance and 22k for 170 striker. Are there prices reasonable ?

Cheers,
Rajesh
Old 3rd August 2011, 17:08   #5376

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
Hi. I was browsing the Philips India website. wanted to ask if anyone has experience in below:

for Yellow light: XtremeVision or power2night series (H4 in 60/55w) ?
for White light: DiamondVision or CrystalVision (H4 in 60/55w) ?

would appreciate cost / availability in Mumbai.
Pranav: If you don't want to use relays and 90/100 bulbs, then go for either Osram NightBreaker or Philips XtremeVision. Both are equally good. NightBreaker will be a little costly than the XtremeVision. I am using the XtremeVision for a couple of weeks now. Only in the city. Its much better than the OEM bulbs. Till now didn't try it on the highway. I got it from Philips Dealer (A K Traders, Bangalore) for Rs.900 (pair). During Aug 2008 I went to A K Traders to buy this bulbs. At that time it was not available in India. So, bought the Osram NightBreaker from Osram distributor for Rs.1475 (pair). That was an excellent bulb. Used it for 3 years. Though it is yellow light, but a little whitish. Night driving was never a problem on highway, unless its raining. It lit up the road signs and sign boards nicely. I feel the XtremeVision will also perform well. It is more yellow than the NightBreaker. In city it lit up the sign boards as nice as the NightBreakers. After fitting the XtremeVision I found the beam is much higher. I had to adjust the beam properly.

I am not happy with the focusing done by the service center. May be its not their fault. I am at 105 kg So the beam will be much lower than their calculation! Can anyone suggest me, from where I can get the headlight focusing done properly in Bangalore?
Old 4th August 2011, 10:22   #5377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratip View Post
Can anyone suggest me, from where I can get the headlight focusing done properly in Bangalore?
I am not certain which part of Bangalore you are from. Hope the below info helps.

Generally, I get the beam focusing done at Vijay wheel alignment center. I have tried their outlets near Lalbagh & JP Nagar and its been satisfactory so far.
synchromesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2011, 10:33   #5378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratip View Post
NightBreaker will be a little costly than the XtremeVision.
Hi,
Now Night Breaker Plus have arrived & are available in India..
Not very costly, though priced 1150 a pair; I bought those few weeks back (Rs.900 for a pair).. Am very much satisfied with the illumination i am getting, of course, in comparison to the stalk ones in my Fabia!!
Thanks,
Dr.Vikas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2011, 11:04   #5379
BHPian

I've been hunting for Osram NB Plus in Mumbai for some time now. Today I called up the regional office (just on a whim) and they directed me to Mr. Nair and gave me his cell number. Considering that I was a retail customer, I did not have much hope of a favorable response but I was pleasantly surprised. Not only did he promised to find out about distributors in my area (Vikhroli) but also promised that he'll ensure that if the distributor is a bit far, he'd get it delivered to my place by next week.

Please contact him on email v.nair@osram.com for queries about distributors in your area. Although I don't think home deliveries would be possible in most cases, but this person is really helpful.

Extremely positive experience.
Old 4th August 2011, 17:46   #5380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
I've been hunting for Osram NB Plus in Mumbai for some time now. Today I called up the regional office (just on a whim) and they directed me to Mr. Nair and gave me his cell number. Considering that I was a retail customer, I did not have much hope of a favorable response but I was pleasantly surprised. Not only did he promised to find out about distributors in my area (Vikhroli) but also promised that he'll ensure that if the distributor is a bit far, he'd get it delivered to my place by next week.

Please contact him on email v.nair@osram.com for queries about distributors in your area. Although I don't think home deliveries would be possible in most cases, but this person is really helpful.

Extremely positive experience.
Same here with the distributor in Delhi. First experience with them, and very very positive. Just hope the bulbs are the same!
Old 4th August 2011, 18:18   #5381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Any pointers for Lightforce fog lamps in Bangalore. A vendor near to my place is quoting 19.6k for 140Lance and 22k for 170 striker. Are there prices reasonable ?

Cheers,
Rajesh
Prices seem ok. Where did you check these out? You may want to haggle a few hundreds here and there.. but prices definitely seem ok. Also make sure you get the "anti-theft" mechanism installed while having this installed. Very easy prey for folks to just yank it off and do away with it.
Old 4th August 2011, 18:22   #5382
BHPian

Shubz, Thank you for the response. I got these prices from an accessories shop at Kalyan Nagar 2nd Block. Now, Could you please enlighten me more anti-theft device for Scoprio Sle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Prices seem ok. Where did you check these out? You may want to haggle a few hundreds here and there.. but prices definitely seem ok. Also make sure you get the "anti-theft" mechanism installed while having this installed. Very easy prey for folks to just yank it off and do away with it.
Old 4th August 2011, 18:27   #5383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Shubz, Thank you for the response. I got these prices from an accessories shop at Kalyan Nagar 2nd Block. Now, Could you please enlighten me more anti-theft device for Scoprio Sle
Oh nothing electronic etc.. Just mechanical. They are nuts which turn only in one direction or something like that. It makes sure someone doesn't easily carry a spanner in his pocket and quietly do away with your LF's. And the auto acc. guys usually succeed in persuading customers saying - Oh don't worry, I have tightened it so much that it will take 10 people to loosen it. So insist on it.

Example of such nuts --> Quadratec Exclusive DNJK4 - Anti-Theft Hinge Pin Nuts for 07-11 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door - Quadratec

Last edited by Shubz : 4th August 2011 at 18:29.
Old 4th August 2011, 18:34   #5384
BHPian

Sounds secure, thank you again Buddy. Reg LFs, I was also thinking of buying them from US or Dubai, but the price seems to be more expensive in those markets. So I think I will stick to Indian Market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Oh nothing electronic etc.. Just mechanical. They are nuts which turn only in one direction or something like that. It makes sure someone doesn't easily carry a spanner in his pocket and quietly do away with your LF's. And the auto acc. guys usually succeed in persuading customers saying - Oh don't worry, I have tightened it so much that it will take 10 people to loosen it. So insist on it.

Example of such nuts --> Quadratec Exclusive DNJK4 - Anti-Theft Hinge Pin Nuts for 07-11 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door - Quadratec
Old 4th August 2011, 18:36   #5385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sounds secure, thank you again Buddy. Reg LFs, I was also thinking of buying them from US or Dubai, but the price seems to be more expensive in those markets. So I think I will stick to Indian Market.
Buying them frm DXB or US is a good idea - At least you are getting the real phoren maal! but don't have it shipped here, instead if someone is willing to carry them for you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks