Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2011, 14:10   #5311
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Thanks for the pics. Looks good. Is it aligned properly? Think the driver side beam isnt spread well compared to the left side. Might be due to the pics.
Yes Naveen.
The alignment needs to done properly.Both the bulbs are tilted towards the left.Will get it done and post pictures ASAP.
Old 18th July 2011, 14:29   #5312
BHPian

@cityvic: Did you need to do any modifications from a wiring/relay perspective?

I am planning to get my ANHC Head lights changed as on the highway the OEMS are not powerful enough

Can someone help me understand the projector head lights and the brands available with pricing and whether any modification would be required for the same. I am not too comfortable in fiddling with the wiring because of warranty issues.

Thank you.

Last edited by Racer_X : 18th July 2011 at 14:53.
Old 18th July 2011, 15:00   #5313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_X View Post

I am planning to get my ANHC Head lights changed as on the highway the OEMS are not powerful enough

Can someone help me understand the projector head lights and the brands available with pricing and whether any modification would be required for the same. I am not too comfortable in fiddling with the wiring because of warranty issues.

Thank you.
Its just Bolt On.No need to add or change any wires.
Yes warranty may get void.I dont bother because my car has already run 45k,and it got over 5k back.
Old 18th July 2011, 15:07   #5314
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_X View Post

Thank you.
Please Note - Cityvic used only HID's on his stock reflectors and there are no projectors here/ There wont be any modifications to the wiring. A pair of ballasts will be included. These are all plug n play kits so it can be connected directly to the existing wiring.

To install projectors you will need some modification to the reflectors and not wiring. Bolt on projectors wont need any modifications. You have to remove the OEM bulb holders and fit the bolt on projectors. But these may look out of place since it's a bolt on. For some quality finish, you will need to cut the reflectors and fit them. The finish will be excellent and the output will be better. I havent actually seen aftermarket projector kits for ANHC. The ones attached are the projectors.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-honda-city-1.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-honda-city-2.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-honda-city-3.jpg  

naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2011, 18:26   #5315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Bosch south delhi:
dashmesh auto,in lodhi road, meher chand mkt. its next to the, ahem, beverage vend, close to slice of italy, on the 1st floor.
contact from just dial:
Mr Manjeet Singh
+(91)-11-66225333
+(91)-9810121301
Called up Mr Manjeet and he said he does not have Bosch relay. There goes another lead. I have been trying so much to find it:- in brick and mortar markets and through Bosch website and still no success. Why is it so difficult to find quality products in the market?

Thanks anyway mayankk.
Old 19th July 2011, 00:22   #5316
BHPian

Hi. I was browsing the Philips India website. wanted to ask if anyone has experience in below:

for Yellow light: XtremeVision or power2night series (H4 in 60/55w) ?
for White light: DiamondVision or CrystalVision (H4 in 60/55w) ?

would appreciate cost / availability in Mumbai.

thanks,
Old 19th July 2011, 06:31   #5317
BHPian

Sajjt,

I will try it over the coming weekend and let all know of the backup. didn't get time on Sunday and then the week started. This week seems to be a killer one for me at office. To top it, I am feverish from yesterday evening.
Old 19th July 2011, 16:02   #5318

Hi Folks,

I have been surfing the existing threads and finally thought it would be best to post my query over here regarding advice on "Retrofitting Projector headlamps in my 2006 Esteem".

PS: Mods please move my Post to appropriate thread if its repeat-ting.(But i didn't get the right thread for my query)

Query:
- I assume the 2006 Esteem comes with a Clear(somewhat) Headlamp unit. So can I go for Projectors in here(I mean by modifying the reflectors of course.)
- I need both Low and High beam from these projectors(have seen the effect in Audi Q7). So i believe its only possible if have Bi-Xenon projectors ? Folks , please correct me if am wrong here.
- Which brand to go for, if I need to source them from Taiwan/Singapore or from US ? Please suggest the best one as I put Quality first before Price.
- After all these queries , I know you guys may ask how are you going to do it? I am planning for DIY. So Please suggest me a link maybe in Team-Bhp or elsewhere where DIY is done for Esteem.
- Also if any one knows somebody in Bangalore who have done a good job in Projector retrofitting, appreciate if you can share their details.
- Which HID brand to go for as I need Crystal White light(5000K)?

Thanks a ton !

Cheers

Last edited by Technocrat : 22nd July 2011 at 21:45. Reason: Only 2 smilies per post allowed, please read our board rules before proceeding, thanks
Old 19th July 2011, 16:23   #5319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipta View Post
Sajjt,

I will try it over the coming weekend and let all know of the backup. didn't get time on Sunday and then the week started. This week seems to be a killer one for me at office. To top it, I am feverish from yesterday evening.
No issues, not in a hurry, just curious about the H-Dio capabilities.

BTW, Get Well Soon
Old 21st July 2011, 16:25   #5320
Senior - BHPian

I am planning for HL upgrade. My requirement is to have good all round visibility in city as well as highways.
I drive a Getz prime Crdi (June 2008) model and had installed 90/100W bulbs with relay, wiring.
Recently noticed lighting is not powerful as it was earlier and reason is reflectors have gone black because of excess heat.

Now i am planning to buy new stock HL unit + add Philips extreme vision or Osram NB bulbs or keep current setup and add aux lights like Hella Comet series.
Stock reflectors are costing around 2700 per piece here in navi mumbai.

So i enquired about Comet 700FF on shop4hella website and placed my contact info.
Next day i got a call from a dealer (opera house, mumbai) and he took my requirements and suggested Comet 450 (rectangular shape) which are driving lamps. Cost for a set is Rs 4500 and i will have to get installation done from some other shop.

Its good to have extra lights but some how i feel these rectangular shaped aux lights do not suit getz prime.
I am still confused whether to replace stock reflectors or get aux lights. Please suggest.

Last edited by djay99 : 21st July 2011 at 16:26.
Old 21st July 2011, 21:41   #5321
BHPian

I have a Getz Prime too. For fear of getting the internals (electricals) messed up if done outside, I contacted a Hyundai dealer for headlight upgrade. Over the phone a service supervisor suggested something which cost Rs.4000. He couldn't tell me what type of lamp it uses or what kind of headlight it is. He just said it can be adjusted/rotated or something to that effect. It probably fits into stock headlight space. I did not pursue it further because I am not ready to spend that much. You can try finding out from your local dealer.
Old 24th July 2011, 01:08   #5322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
Hi. I was browsing the Philips India website. wanted to ask if anyone has experience in below:

for Yellow light: XtremeVision or power2night series (H4 in 60/55w) ?
for White light: DiamondVision or CrystalVision (H4 in 60/55w) ?

would appreciate cost / availability in Mumbai.

thanks,
Bump - awaiting valuable inputs.
also, what exactly is the model/type for Philips 100/90 ?
Old 24th July 2011, 03:10   #5323
BHPian

Installed Philips Rally 90/100 head light bulbs along with relay in my Esteem. What a difference, its daylight now. Extremely happy with the decision. Total cost Rs.900/-

Last edited by mashmash : 24th July 2011 at 03:16.
Old 24th July 2011, 08:52   #5324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
Bump - awaiting valuable inputs.
also, what exactly is the model/type for Philips 100/90 ?
Philips Rally H4 100/90w with P43t connector. The best that is out there. Cost Rs 150 per bulb.

But ensure that you have relay, heavy gauge wiring and an experienced electrician installing the things. 100/90w bulbs produce a lot of heat and draw more power from the battery. So if they arent installed properly, you may end up with a drained battery.
Old 24th July 2011, 15:43   #5325
BHPian

Attached pics of the Box and the connectors to the bulb. I had the option of either fitting Philips Rally or Hella. Chose Philips rally. Not sure of the brand of the relay, however I think its Hella.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-image170.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-image168.jpg  

Most Viewed