Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2013, 10:09   #6901
BANNED

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
I have used three pairs of Philips Extreme Vision. I must say I like its spread and tint but bugged with its short life of around 10 months.
I hear that the NB+ which is equivalent does not duffer from this niggle.
Old 3rd February 2013, 10:52   #6902
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I hear that the NB+ which is equivalent does not duffer from this niggle.
Even I heard same thing, but I did not try it. Had spent around 2700Rs. for Philips Extreme vision. That life that I quoted is for 80-90% of city drive. If someone do lots of night drive then I think life will become even shorter.
Old 3rd February 2013, 12:08   #6903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samoukar View Post
Hi Rambo1o1,

If you do not mind, could you please share the information about how much it costs to do this upgrade?. I have older model of H City and I am looking to go for similar setup in Bangalore.

Thanks.
The Philips bulbs costed 310 for a pair. the minda kit costed about 727, plus 100 bucks for fitting since i bought the the bulbs from outside!!
total:1137 rupees.

The roots kit was cheaper than the Minda one but sadly that particular shop was giving no warranty.Goa sucks for automotive stuff!

The honda service guys are quite accommodating here in Goa, they dont mind aftermarket stuff, no threatening with warranty void and stuff like that.
Old 3rd February 2013, 12:23   #6904
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Even I heard same thing, but I did not try it. Had spent around 2700Rs. for Philips Extreme vision. That life that I quoted is for 80-90% of city drive. If someone do lots of night drive then I think life will become even shorter.

I dont know if this short life problem is with Xtreme vision only. I used a pair of Xtreme power for 2 years before one of the bulbs conked off!

I have switched over to xtreme vision a couple of weeks back. Fingers crossed.
Old 3rd February 2013, 13:08   #6905
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I dont know if this short life problem is with Xtreme vision only. I used a pair of Xtreme power for 2 years before one of the bulbs conked off!

The life in Philips Xtreme Power is about 2 years. And almost always, the Right low beam will conk off before the Left. I guess since most of the usage is of the lower beam, its prone to go bust sooner.
My earlier Honda City used to have the Xtreme power and the right one blew. I kept the left spare, and recently upgraded my TVS Wego with this bulb. Has worked wonders and good till it lasts.

My reports about Xtreme Vision indicate that it has a lower life than Xtreme Power.

Last edited by hrman : 3rd February 2013 at 13:10.
Old 3rd February 2013, 13:12   #6906
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post

The life in Philips Xtreme Power is about 2 years. And almost always, the Right Upper beam will conk off before the Left. I guess since most of the usage is of the Upper, its prone to go bust sooner.
My Honda City used to have the Xtreme power and the right one blew. I kept the left spare, and recently upgraded my TVS Wego with this bulb. Worked wonders and good till it lasts.

My reports about Xtreme Vision indicate that it has a lower life than Xtreme Power.
Well.. In my case it was the left low beam that conked off. Even I am planning to put the other working bulb to my bike
Old 3rd February 2013, 14:59   #6907
BANNED

Quote:

My Xtremevision is going good since 2 years no issues. I got it for 750/- from AK Traders.

--R
Old 3rd February 2013, 22:01   #6908

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
The Philips bulbs costed 310 for a pair. the minda kit costed about 727, plus 100 bucks for fitting since i bought the the bulbs from outside!!
total:1137 rupees.

The roots kit was cheaper than the Minda one but sadly that particular shop was giving no warranty.Goa sucks for automotive stuff!

The honda service guys are quite accommodating here in Goa, they dont mind aftermarket stuff, no threatening with warranty void and stuff like that.
Thanks Ramo1o1. My car is out of warrantyl in fact it is out of extended warranty too, so this shold not be a problem.
Old 5th February 2013, 16:48   #6909
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I hear that the NB+ which is equivalent does not suffer from this niggle.
Quote:
Even I heard same thing, but I did not try it.
But as far I have seen the Philips XV has better spread than the NB+. So it is better suited for the low beam in case of a multi barrel headlamp.

Quote:
Well.. In my case it was the left low beam that conked off. Even I am planning to put the other working bulb to my bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
My Xtremevision is going good since 2 years no issues. I got it for 750/- from AK Traders.
I think it is a problem of original vs. fake bulbs.
Now-a-days the Philips XV has a lot of fake / China made bulbs in the market. It is difficult to judge which one is original, and you have to rely on the reputation of the spare part shop.
Sommos is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2013, 19:05   #6910
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post

But as far I have seen the Philips XV has better spread than the NB+. So it is better suited for the low beam in case of a multi barrel headlamp.

I think it is a problem of original vs. fake bulbs.
Now-a-days the Philips XV has a lot of fake / China made bulbs in the market. It is difficult to judge which one is original, and you have to rely on the reputation of the spare part shop.
I don't think its fake. Because I purchased it from Philips distributor of Bangalore. AK Traders. Many bhpians have purchased from him . Even my new extreme vision are brought from him only
Old 7th February 2013, 18:37   #6911
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello,

I want to buy one (single) regular OEM quality H7 bulb for my Laura low beam.
Any idea where I can get it and what it should cost?

I see there is a flood of CrystalVision, DiamondVision, Nightbreakers, bla bla... in all shops. These seem to have cheap looking blue coat on the bulb (to convert yellow into white?) which I don't like. Also, I have understood from many that such bulbs are useless in fog and rain.

Thanks in advance.
Old 7th February 2013, 19:52   #6912
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Hello,

I want to buy one (single) regular OEM quality H7 bulb for my Laura low beam.
Any idea where I can get it and what it should cost?...
You should get an H7 in any good aftermarket shops. As far as I know even Corolla has the H7 spec, Osram / Philips should deal in those. Not sure of the prices though, my guesstimate is Rs. 200/- for a single bulb.

Between, Nightbreakers are NOT the same as a crystal vision / Diamond vision - they have genuine higher output unlike the latter! For both crystal / diamond vision, the output will be 55W where as Nightbreaker gives close to a 100W output. Nightbreaker also has two different tinges for high & low beams, one white & the other yellow - NO blue tinges.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 7th February 2013 at 19:53.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2013, 10:57   #6913
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Between, Nightbreakers are NOT the same as a crystal vision / Diamond vision - they have genuine higher output unlike the latter! For both crystal / diamond vision, the output will be 55W where as Nightbreaker gives close to a 100W output. Nightbreaker also has two different tinges for high & low beams, one white & the other yellow - NO blue tinges.
Thanks, I will search in Pune tomorrow. BTW, nightbreakers are 55W or 100W? And some friends told me they are not effective in the rains. Is that true?
Old 8th February 2013, 11:29   #6914
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Between, Nightbreakers are NOT the same as a crystal vision / Diamond vision - they have genuine higher output unlike the latter!
Osram NB+ and Philips XV are both 60/55W drop in replacements for the stock bulbs. What is done is to make them run hotter and there is a different gas mixture inside which permits this. The light improvement is about 30-40%. As they run hotter the colour temperature is naturally higher and the NB+ also has a slight blue tint to the casing.

Incidentally, when I checked last Vicky.in was selling single bulbs.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2013, 12:20   #6915
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Incidentally, when I checked last Vicky.in was selling single bulbs.
Found another link which seems to be decent for bulbs. Prices look good.

http://epitstop.in/
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed