Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2014, 07:55   #8026
BANNED

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Got a pair of Philips extreme vision 55/60w yesterday from AK Traders, JC Road for my K10. Got it for 950 (inclusive of VAT etc).

The strength is definitely better than stock, hope it lasts!
That is a nice price you have got the bulbs for. Online price is Rs 600 per piece (On philips website).

I paid 1150 for the same pair of bulbs!

Anurag.
Old 28th March 2014, 08:10   #8027
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I just bought Phillips Xtreme Vision 60/55W H4 P43t from Ebay.in for 1150 bucks (Thanks to Parag Sir). Should get the delivery by 30th.

60/55W or 55/60W are same so nothing to worry and this is just a bulb replacement with sycophantic l stock rating so NO loss of warranty.

As told by Sagar Sir, Osram fail very quickly as compared to Philips. My earlier car had Osram NB+ but it lasted only for 4 months so reverted to stock bulbs from Maruti (Jagan make).

Will be seeing how the Philips perform.

Anurag.
Quote:
That is a nice price you have got the bulbs for. Online price is Rs 600 per piece (On philips website).

I paid 1150 for the same pair of bulbs!

Anurag.
No Sir please.

We have been using Xtreme vision on our car for the past 1.5 years .
Earlier we had the predecessor - Xtreme power , which also lasted 1.5 years before one of the bulbs low beam conked off. So using the one surviving bulb in my bike

That price is possible because AK traders are distributors of philips in bangalore. Even my bulb purchase are made from them only
Old 28th March 2014, 08:14   #8028
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Earlier we had the predecessor - Xtreme power , which also lasted 1.5 years before one of the bulbs low beam conked off. So using the one surviving bulb in my bike

That price is possible because AK traders are distributors of philips in bangalore. Even my bulb purchase are made from them only

I had one Osram NB+ that was left over after the left bulbs installed in my conked off. I am also using the same on my Karizma now.

Oh so the purchase was from the distributor hence that price. Ah! Have to find out a dealer in Hyderabad.

Anurag.
Old 28th March 2014, 12:50   #8029
BHPian

Quote:
No Sir please.

Agree with you on the life of Philips EV 60/55w. I have them for over 2.5 years now. No failures, same pair still running. Have done many long night drives.

However the problems have now started to show up. If i have to drive with lights on for over 30 minutes, I can notice that the brightness starts to diminish with longer the lights run. After approximately an hour, the brightness equal to the normal/stock bulbs. goes worst if the use is longer. Only option left for in that case is to swich off the headlights, run on fogs for say 5/10 minutes (if in city) or stop (on highways). Turn on the lights again. Booom, EV;s are back to normal with full glow.

Took out the bulbs to investigate the filaments, nothing found. Looks like they are ready to say bye-bye. But will keep them as auxilaries. Will now be switching to 100/90, with Hella relay. DYI, this long weekend..
Old 1st April 2014, 13:07   #8030
BHPian

Changed headlamp bulbs for my car (Rapid)

Old: combination of Osram Bilux and Halonix
New: Osram NB Unlimited

Edit: I have also purchased Philips EV 60/55W as spare lamps; as spare lamps provided by Skoda has used and are not working.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-lowbeam.png  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-highbeam.png  

Last edited by 500ContyCruiser : 1st April 2014 at 13:12.
500ContyCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2014, 21:27   #8031
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post

Edit: I have also purchased Philips EV 60/55W as spare lamps; as spare lamps provided by Skoda has used and are not working.
Sorry, but to me, the older set up looks better! I am NOT able to really make out the difference except for the white shade in NB.
Old 1st April 2014, 21:34   #8032
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

Sorry, but to me, the older set up looks better! I am NOT able to really make out the difference except for the white shade in NB.
The Osram NB has a sharper beam when it is on High beam so the light projection will be narrow but have a bright spot that doesn't help much. Low beam is good but has a whiter shade.

Anurag.
Old 2nd April 2014, 14:26   #8033
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Osram bulbs have higher failure rates compared to philips. So suggest you go for Philips Xtreme vision instead of Osram Night Breaker / Unlimited
The Osram Night Breaker+ bulbs in my car's fog lamps fused in less than 6 months of installing it. However the Philips i have in my Ninja has been going strong for over 3 yrs now. (touchwood )

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Got a pair of Philips extreme vision 55/60w yesterday from AK Traders, JC Road for my K10. Got it for 950 (inclusive of VAT etc).

The strength is definitely better than stock, hope it lasts!
The genuine philips bulbs generally have a long life of at least 2-3 yrs if not more, based on my experience. That said, 2 weeks back I went to JC road in Blore to buy the Philips Xtreme Vision for my car's fog lamps (H8) but neither AK traders nor Chawla motors (both shops are on the same lane but Chawla has promotions sometimes so he gives a nice discount) did not have stock.

Last edited by n_aditya : 2nd April 2014 at 14:27.
Old 2nd April 2014, 14:46   #8034
BHPian

Not sure whether this has been asked already. But is there any way I can install LED cabin lights in my i20. Mine is a 2011 Sportz model which has got only the centre cabin light unlike newer i20s which have centre cabin lights as well as front map lights. The centre ones are woefully inadequate and I feel that installing LEDs should brighten up things a bit. I am specifically looking for bulb nomenclature and some pointers to get them (either in Hyderabad or online).
Old 2nd April 2014, 14:48   #8035
BHPian

Installed Osram 100/130 with philips relay on my swift. Night driving is more encouraging now. Very good visibility. Have to watch out for the reflector darkening case though.
Old 2nd April 2014, 15:23   #8036
BHPian

I was looking to upgrade the high beam on the XUV. The manual says it uses a H 15 halogen. But I'm not able to find Osram or Philips bulbs in that spec. Would appreciate suggestions.
Old 2nd April 2014, 15:39   #8037
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, but to me, the older set up looks better!

I am NOT able to really make out the difference except for the white shade in NB.
Quote:
The Osram NB has a sharper beam when it is on High beam so the light projection will be narrow but have a bright spot that doesn't help much. Low beam is good but has a whiter shade.

Anurag.
Having tested it for couple of days now. It has helped a bit. Atleast now I do not have to bother much on the on-coming high beam traffic.

Could be coincidence, after installing the new bulbs, I have noticed that majority of the on-coming vehicles switch to low beam now when I flash back at them.
Old 2nd April 2014, 17:15   #8038
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi22 View Post
Installed Osram 100/130 with philips relay on my swift. Night driving is more encouraging now. Very good visibility. Have to watch out for the reflector darkening case though.
To be very honest, it's over the top. You should have limited it to a 100/90 max. Have you upgraded your holders to ceramic ones?
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2014, 17:27   #8039
BHPian

Quote:
To be very honest, it's over the top. You should have limited it to a 100/90 max. Have you upgraded your holders to ceramic ones?

Read on the philips relay box that the relay kit came with ceramic holders, have to cross check. But did not buy holders seperately.

Have not checked the 90/100, but this is super duper to say.
Old 2nd April 2014, 17:43   #8040
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi22 View Post
but this is super duper to say.
Please avoid using the high beams within the city limits. 100/90 is not road legal and emits a blinding high beam. I cannot think what the 100/130 would be like!

Drive safe!
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks