Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2014, 10:27   #8581
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6kgang View Post
Hi Gurus,

Planning to upgrade stock Head lights of Duster AWD as it's very poor.
Did some research and heard from couple of shops from JC Road, Bangalore that P8 conversion kit is good (55W) can some one throw some light on this kit. The shop is quoting me 9K and i want to be sure if it is the good one. and based on your advices, will fit that in high beam and go for NBU of the same rating for Low beams.
Alternatively i have a budget of 15 to 20K allotted for Head lights and need your suggestions on what best can be achieved with this money
I do a good amount of night driving in Highways as well as city (about 60% in city and 40% on highways)
My vRS, which I bought back from the person I sold it to, had got p8 installed in the high beams. In the high beam, I found it too offensive to the oncoming traffic, and the beam pattern was not good, may be because it had been installed without the projectors. The HIDs had one year warranty on them, and one of the bulbs stopped working. Upon contacting Reliance Autozone, the technician from p8 came and changed the balast post which they worked fine.
deepfusion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2014, 12:36   #8582
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6kgang View Post
Hi Gurus,

Planning to upgrade stock Head lights of Duster AWD as it's very poor.
Did some research and heard from couple of shops from JC Road, Bangalore that P8 conversion kit is good (55W) can some one throw some light on this kit. The shop is quoting me 9K and i want to be sure if it is the good one. and based on your advices, will fit that in high beam and go for NBU of the same rating for Low beams.
Alternatively i have a budget of 15 to 20K allotted for Head lights and need your suggestions on what best can be achieved with this money
I do a good amount of night driving in Highways as well as city (about 60% in city and 40% on highways)
If you have 15k-20k budget, why dont you go for a projector setup? HIDs on reflectors are not recommended as it wont do much good when it comes to visibility improvement. There are couple of shops offering projector kits for the duster. Here's one that's around 23k. If it's with HID's then it's a good deal considering both high and low are projectors.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-22.jpg.1ee9572008.999x600x600.jpg

If you are going for retro-fitment,I would say Philips HID's (4300k) and projectors for the low beam. Leave the high beam as it is and maybe install better halogens bulbs here (higher wattage) as high beams will be used on highways.

Do search the internet and find a reliable source for this modification. If you can find an aftermarket projector kit, that would be the best.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2014, 14:57   #8583
Senior - BHPian

My headlights conked off and I was using spare lamps. As a backup, I was looking to stock a pair for emergency. I came across Philips WhiteVision H4 - specs.
Couldn't find these lamps online here in India. I visited few shops near my home and they didn't have it. So I decided to order from autolamps-online.com. Costed me Rs 1,898 (23.96 Euros) for a pair. Deal included 5W sidelamps. Ordered on 5th Nov and got it delivered on 15th Nov 2014.

I installed the H4s. The white light can easily be made out. Definitely looks cool in low beam. Haven't tried on highways. WhiteVision is slightly expensive than Osram CBI. I haven't seen CBI in action to make comparison.

H4 WhiteVision:
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-office-lens_20141115_201959_processed.jpg

5W sidelamps:
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-office-lens_20141115_202116.jpgAuto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-office-lens_20141115_202922.jpg
msdivy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2014, 17:38   #8584
BANNED

I sa an advt for Yamakazi HIDs in the latest (Nov) issue of Autocar. Some points to ponder:

1. Is the ballast AC or DC
2.They talk of no inrush current - how?
3. Is it a japanese product or Chinese with a Japanese sounding name. Looks like the latter since it says designed in Japan!
Old 18th November 2014, 18:26   #8585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
My headlights conked off and I was using spare lamps. As a backup, I was looking to stock a pair for emergency. I came across Philips WhiteVision H4 - specs.
Couldn't find these lamps online here in India. I visited few shops near my home and they didn't have it. So I decided to order from autolamps-online.com. Costed me Rs 1,898 (23.96 Euros) for a pair. Deal included 5W sidelamps. Ordered on 5th Nov and got it delivered on 15th Nov 2014.

I installed the H4s. The white light can easily be made out. Definitely looks cool in low beam. Haven't tried on highways. WhiteVision is slightly expensive than Osram CBI. I haven't seen CBI in action to make comparison.

H4 WhiteVision:

5W sidelamps:
You get them locally! JC road there is a Philips Distributor.
I had them in our Figo, they lasted about 2 years then one of the bulbs went kaput. Didn't get time to pick up another set so went back to stock.
Once you are used to the 4300K lights, stock bulbs seem disgusting and perform poorly.
Last time I went to JC road picked up enough bulbs to last me a life time

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-bulbs1.png

In India they are called as Crystal visions. Same 4300K lights (white lights) with 2 parking bulbs. Roughly about 1,000 - 1,100 (for a set)

Hella's are also available and cost a little less compared to the Philips.

Last edited by Captain Slow : 18th November 2014 at 18:27.
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2014, 18:39   #8586
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
I had them in our Figo, they lasted about 2 years then one of the bulbs went kaput. Didn't get time to pick up another set so went back to stock.
Once you are used to the 4300K lights, stock bulbs seem disgusting and perform poorly.
Hey, I have a query, would these take a toll on the headlight glass (melting et al). I have been wanting to switch to one for my FIGO however afraid that it may damage the exterior glass, please advise..
Old 18th November 2014, 18:46   #8587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Hey, I have a query, would these take a toll on the headlight glass (melting et al). I have been wanting to switch to one for my FIGO however afraid that it may damage the exterior glass, please advise..
No they will not cause any damage or corrosion to the headlamp assembly.
Just make sure not to use any bulb that is higher than the 60/65W.

Using 90/100 bulbs "can" cause fading, corrosion and other unwanted problems. (Some say it doesn't cause problems but James May says it does )
Old 18th November 2014, 22:52   #8588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In India they are called as Crystal visions.
I think WhiteVision is newly released series and Philips claim 40% more light than CrystalVision.
Old 19th November 2014, 12:12   #8589
BHPian

Guys, I have the p8 hid pair with me lying in the cupboard. The kit has H1 bulbs. I wish to use these in my rapid which has projector low beams, but has h7 bulbs.

I wish to know whether,

1. the hid kit will support H7 bulbs?
2. the chinese hid bulbs, available online can be used with the ballast on the rapid since it has projectors using halogens for low beams?
3. Any branded options in 35W to be used with the existing ballasts.
Old 19th November 2014, 13:39   #8590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
2. the chinese hid bulbs, available online can be used with the ballast on the rapid since it has projectors using halogens for low beams?
1. Yes. It's only the form factor that changes, the stuff inside remains the same
2. Yes. But do your homework before installing them. Lifetime and performance may not be good enough.
3. cnlight - most VFM. Search eBay for a seller named Newvalue, from China. Have ordered quite a few HIDs (H7 & H11) and ballasts, and all are performing well. Only grouse is, they take their own sweet time to get delivered (15-45 days)

Last edited by silversteed : 19th November 2014 at 13:42.
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2014, 15:28   #8591
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
I wish to know whether,

In addition to what Silversteed has already said, the H7 produces more bright light than the H1.
I feel the HID should have the H1 as they are already super bright.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2014, 17:53   #8592
BHPian

Hello Guys,

I'm right now at the car accessories shop, looking for a fog-lamp with DRL (like old i20) for Verna. I found one shop having the stock and selling it for INR 4500 (pair). What i understand from the shop owner is that fog-lamp will be a simple plug and play whereas DRL wiring will be conncected to the battery with the help of a relay. My question is will it have any impact on the warranty, what precaution needs to be taken while installing the same.

Thanks
Ravi
Old 20th November 2014, 08:58   #8593
BHPian

Quote:
So I decided to order from autolamps-online.com. Costed me Rs 1,898 (23.96 Euros) for a pair. Deal included 5W sidelamps. Ordered on 5th Nov and got it delivered on 15th Nov 2014.
Had never heard of this site before. Looks good. I just placed an order for Philips XtremeVision+ 130%. Shipped via RoyalMail. So is it delivered by IndiaPost in India?
Quote:
You get them locally! JC road there is a Philips Distributor.
You get a lot of Philips fakes in India. Can't trust any of the JC road shops. Shipping from UK, I hope, is safer.
Old 20th November 2014, 09:38   #8594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raviacc2825 View Post
Hello Guys,

I'm right now at the car accessories shop, looking for a fog-lamp with DRL (like old i20) for Verna. I found one shop having the stock and selling it for INR 4500 (pair). What i understand from the shop owner is that fog-lamp will be a simple plug and play whereas DRL wiring will be conncected to the battery with the help of a relay. My question is will it have any impact on the warranty, what precaution needs to be taken while installing the same.

Thanks
Ravi
Please keep in mind that they wont be as bright as i20 drl.
They are hardly visible in sunlight.
I have installed them but my opinion says that its not worth the money.
Old 20th November 2014, 10:39   #8595
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Couldn't find these lamps online here in India. I visited few shops near my home and they didn't have it. So I decided to order from .
Thanks for referring this website.I was planning to buy LED tail lamps for my swift.Please find the link below-
http://www.autolamps-online.com/prod...etCurrencyId=3

My only question is,will these fit?
Can anyone help me out

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks