Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2014, 16:44   #8611
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I was on the verge of giving up, when they suddenly showed up, in excellent condition as well.
I'm guessing this was with USPS from the US? Did you opt for priority or express delivery ?
Old 22nd November 2014, 18:08   #8612
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
I'm guessing this was with USPS from the US? Did you opt for priority or express delivery ?
Do not remember since it was over a year ago. It was not the normal delivery. The seller was Banggood.com. It was tracked to outside the US pretty fast, but then was 'lost' in the labyrinth. Even within India Speedpost tracking can be dodgy. I posted a card to my daughter-in-law in Gurgaon. Was tracked from IITK post office to the central office in Kanpur. Then went off radar, until it showed up in Delhi, en route in Gurgaon!
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2014, 19:57   #8613
BHPian

I wanted to improve the lighting on my car as the stock lamps seem inadequate.
The original set up is having a pair of Bi-Xenon and a pair of Halogens.
OSRAM XENARC 66340, D3S 35W HID
and OSRAM H9 65W Halogen.
What are the best options for an improved lighting.
Heard about the Philips X-treme Vision D3S 35W HID. Does it really give a better output that the OSRAM XENARC HID?
For the Halogen, is it better to retrofit an HID projector? Or is there a better alternative out there?
Will a swap with HID for the halogens trigger an alarm in the ECU?
Old 24th November 2014, 09:32   #8614
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfxavier View Post
OSRAM XENARC 66340, D3S 35W HID
and OSRAM H9 65W Halogen.
What are the best options for an improved lighting.

For the Halogen, is it better to retrofit an HID projector? Or is there a better alternative out there?
Will a swap with HID for the halogens trigger an alarm in the ECU?
Any decent Ballast is CANBUS enabled to there is no alarm. Make sure you get a decent ballast - AC at that.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2014, 11:06   #8615
BHPian

I have a problem on my innova headlights while changing the levelling. While the RHS works fine, the LHS one does not move or just moves very little. What could be wrong?
Old 24th November 2014, 11:09   #8616
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post
I have a problem on my innova headlights while changing the levelling. While the RHS works fine, the LHS one does not move or just moves very little. What could be wrong?
Range control/leveling motor has become defective? Unless dirt has been trapped at the point of contact which is rare since the unit is sealed.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2014, 12:18   #8617
BHPian

Quote:
Most likely problem with your headlight motor. Either loose connection or moisture issue.
Dodge_Viper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2014, 12:49   #8618
BHPian

Quote:

Apart from the suggestions above, one more possibility is that the ball and socket joint of the motor has some how got disconnected. This happens sometimes if some one tampers with the manual adjusters and pushes it to limits. When its in the extreme position and car has sudden jerks or vibrations on a poor stretch of road, the ball link could fall off the socket.
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2014, 17:26   #8619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
H4 bulbs are direct fit to HS1. However HS1 bulbs will not fit into H4, they'll need slight modification (trimming of the center fat tab)

I'm using a Philips XtremeVision 60/55 bulb on a boxer 150 headkight meant for HS1. No issues whatsoever.

This is news to me.
I am referring to two-wheelers, by the way.

Are you sure H4 bulb will fit in an HS1 socket on a scooter as well?

In other news, TRS has got black friday sale with upto 25% off.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/blackfriday2014.html
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2014, 18:19   #8620
Senior - BHPian

All those who are looking for HID/Projector lamps, just like to inform you that theretrofitsource.com is having a black friday sale right now. I placed an order for a FX-R stage IV kit with Osram Nightbreakers for my swift and FX-R stage III kit for a our other car,got a 25% discount on the entire order value. It works like this:

10% discount on spending $100 or more-use code trsgiving10
15% discount on spending $150 or more- use trsgiving15
20% discount on spending $200 or more-use trsgiving20
25% discount on above $300-use trsgiving 25%

They even have discounts on some specific products like FX-R projectors,Mini's etc.

PS: I'm not associated with TRS in anyway. Just thought i'd share a great deal to benefit other members.
Old 27th November 2014, 18:48   #8621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Site looks good. Unfortunately, they don't have HS1 bulbs which I need for my Suzuki Access. I was looking at Osram Silverstar or something from Phillips, Germany for the scooter.
Looking to replace stock headlight of my Suzuki Swish. The light is dull and that too when some moron decides not to dim while crossing me am literally blind. My Pulsar has nice headlamps but am lazy enough to take it always cos of the comfort offered by Swish. Any suggestions on what bulb should I go for and I don't want the white ones. TIA
Old 27th November 2014, 18:53   #8622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is news to me.
I am referring to two-wheelers, by the way.

Are you sure H4 bulb will fit in an HS1 socket on a scooter as well?
Yes I'm talking about 2 wheelers.

My Karizma has a headlight from a Bajaj Boxer 150 which has a HS1 bulb holder. Inside it, I'm using a Philips XtremeVision 60/55 whose bulb type is H4 and it is a direct fit.

Years ago I tried a Halonix HS1 45/40 on my other bike which had a H4 beam. I had to trim the center fat tab and otherwise it was a direct fit.

Last edited by SunnyBoi : 27th November 2014 at 18:55.
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2014, 19:10   #8623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Looking to replace stock headlight of my Suzuki Swish. The light is dull and that too when some moron decides not to dim while crossing me am literally blind. My Pulsar has nice headlamps but am lazy enough to take it always cos of the comfort offered by Swish. Any suggestions on what bulb should I go for and I don't want the white ones. TIA
I am in the same situation.

I have inquired about Osram Silverstar HS1 and the "Made in China" is around Rs. 200-250 in shops.

Now that SunnyBoi has indicated that H4 bulb will also fit, getting the Silverstar will be easier since H4 is more common in the market.

Edit: Free shipping to India
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OSRAM-SILVER...0500a7&vxp=mtr

Last edited by S_U_N : 27th November 2014 at 19:13.
Old 28th November 2014, 00:43   #8624
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am in the same situation.

I have inquired about Osram Silverstar HS1 and the "Made in China" is around Rs. 200-250 in shops.

Now that SunnyBoi has indicated that H4 bulb will also fit, getting the Silverstar will be easier since H4 is more common in the market.
mtr[/url]
I am not sure if the alternator of a scoot like Access, Dio can support a higher wattage headlight. Bigger engine bikes do have better charging systems that can support increased wattage and having DC Electricals is an added advantage in some bikes. However in scooters, I doubt increasing wattage would be a good thing to do. Even I have been looking towards better bulbs for my Dio but the current options and my usage aren't commanding a swap.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2014, 08:58   #8625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I am not sure if the alternator of a scoot like Access, Dio can support a higher wattage headlight. Bigger engine bikes do have better charging systems that can support increased wattage and having DC Electricals is an added advantage in some bikes. However in scooters, I doubt increasing wattage would be a good thing to do. Even I have been looking towards better bulbs for my Dio but the current options and my usage aren't commanding a swap.
Fair point. However vehicles with DC systems can cope up with a higher wattage headlight since they are powered by the battery. The battery might get drained a bit by prolonged usage in the night, however it will get compensated by riding during the day.

Small changes like swapping brake/parking bulb and pilot lights to LEDs can also conserve power. Along with switching off lamps when stationary in traffic.

On my ZMA, I changed the rear (21W+5W) x 2 brake bulbs into (1W+2W) LEDs plus 5W x 2 pilots to 0.1W?? LED. That itself has compensated for the bigger 60/55W headlight. I'm still running this setup on a 5 year old battery and it easily copes with long rides in the night (2-3 hours) even with a monster Megasonic horn blaring

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks