Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2020, 10:31   #346
BHPian

Re: The Saddle & Tail Bag Review Thread

Posted this in the burgman thread but got no response so posting it here.

I got my burgman delivered yesterday and I would like to know which rear rack I can use to fit a studds top box.
Also , if any one has used this top box please let me know if they're sturdy and reliable? Does it hold up well on bumps and pot holes? Thanks in advance.
Old 8th January 2020, 12:30   #347
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
back the phone overheated to the extent that it almost burnt my finger on touching the screen and as a result the autofocus motor of the camera melted.

Thanks a lot for the warning.
I installed this to use with the GPS Navigation:
The Saddle & Tail Bag Review Thread-bike.jpg
bblost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2020, 23:43   #348
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Thanks a lot for the warning.
I installed this
Exercise EXTREME caution if you intend to hook up the onboard charger, a fellow enthusiast had reported his catching fire on a similar product when used in the rain, he strictly advised to at the least put a fuse in between.

Another friend opted for the same and was able to cleanly pull out the charger part from its hollow housing on the mount as the adhesive used was weak for some reason.

Ride Safe,
A.P.
ashwinprakas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2020, 00:08   #349
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro.1000bhp View Post
Posted this in the burgman thread but got no response so posting it here.

I got my burgman delivered yesterday and I would like to know which rear rack I can use to fit a studds top box.
Also , if any one has used this top box please let me know if they're sturdy and reliable? Does it hold up well on bumps and pot holes? Thanks in advance.
You can try out the Burgman specific Givi rack and mount a Givi top box on it.

https://www.motorcycleplanet.co.uk/p...200-abs-14-19/

Bikegears.in is the official distributor for Givi in India.
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2020, 09:23   #350
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
Exercise EXTREME caution if you intend to hook up the onboard charger, a fellow enthusiast had reported his catching fire on a similar product when used in the rain, he strictly advised to at the least put a fuse in between.

A.P.
I just chopped the cable clean off on mine when i got it. Why people trust these things to charge expensive phones is beyond me.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2020, 10:40   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
You can try out the Burgman specific Givi rack and mount a Givi top box on it.

https://www.motorcycleplanet.co.uk/p...200-abs-14-19/

Bikegears.in is the official distributor for Givi in India.
Thanks, but I believe the version of Burgman 125 shown in the pic is a euro specific model and not the one we get here. The tail lamp and grab handles are a different in the pics. Indian burgman is heavily based on the access 125 that we get here.

Even then givi is out of my budget. I just need a basic box to keep a spare helmet and some other small items.

Last edited by nitro.1000bhp : 9th January 2020 at 10:43.
Old 9th January 2020, 12:43   #352
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I just chopped the cable clean off on mine when i got it. Why people trust these things to charge expensive phones is beyond me.
I have already chopped off the wire for this stand. While the stand is strong and looks good, the charger part had many tiny gaps. I am sure in rain water will enter this.

I use a dedicated mobile charger, GoOn.

It is very well built and I have used it for over a year now.

Last edited by bblost : 9th January 2020 at 15:32.
Old 9th January 2020, 15:24   #353
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro.1000bhp View Post
Thanks, but I believe the version of Burgman 125 shown in the pic is a euro specific model and not the one we get here. The tail lamp and grab handles are a different in the pics. Indian burgman is heavily based on the access 125 that we get here.

Even then givi is out of my budget. I just need a basic box to keep a spare helmet and some other small items.
Sorry, I didn't notice that. I believe then Studds will be your best option. They do have a fitting rack (Rs 550/-) and a topcase (Rs 1250/-) - you may need to modify the rack to fit the Burgmans grabrail.
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 13:52   #354
BHPian

I'm using ViaTerra Falcon Sport saddle bags on my Interceptor. With the stock silencers there is a good couple of inches gap between the silencers and bag. It fits nice and snug. Each bag has a zip to either expand or compress the bags. When fully expanded the capacity together is 38 liters. Each bag expands sideways and outwards so it doesn't affect the gap between exhaust and the bags.
Old 27th January 2020, 13:52   #355
BHPian

Hi Guys

I am in lookout for a no-so-expensive saddle set-up for my Ninja 1000. I need to carry luggage for 3-4 days of travel (including essentials like chain lube). I first zeroed-in on the Via Terra Claw (i mostly ride solo) but its sheer size is putting me off. On top, i really don's need 60+ litres of space. Claw mini is out of stock. Via Terra Falcon looks to be a good option at 38-litres. Probably perfect for my requirements. Any more reviews of the same? I hope that i will not need saddle stays with it. It is available on Amazon for 3,999, which i think is Ok. Any more options do i have?
Old 28th January 2020, 13:40   #356
Senior - BHPian

ViaTerra Raptor

I recently bought a the Viaterra Raptor Tail bag.

Was impressed by the build quality and the built in bungee cord (provided) based tie down system.

The additional Rain cover provided was of good quality and would keep the bag safe even on a torrential rain. The side pouches on it is roomyenough and can store all bits and peices like chargers etc. Has a tiedown starp inside the main comparment as well.

Tried it out on a recent three day trip with lot of twisties etc and am glad to report that there was no shifting at all (on hind site the ROK Straps I had used was only an additional precaution).

Volume is enough to accommodate couple of jeans, T shirts etc and accompanying essentials.

Excepting the feeling of it being slightly over priced - I am happy with it

In my opinion it would sit well on the so called pillion seats of modern two wheelers, even.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07L3YFSTM?...3624101_dpLink
r_nairtvm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 14:43   #357
BHPian

I got a Dirtsack Boomerang tailbag and used it on a 800km ride. Also had to ride over 300 km in the rain and everything inside was completely dry at the end of it. The side pockets are supposed to be water resistant and not entirely waterproof but there was no water in those either. This was without the inner waterproof liner which Orion motors, Blr seem to have forgotten to give me.

I manged to fit in enough luggage for a 3 day trip. The only gripe I had was that there is no outer pocket where you can slip in a water bottle. This meant that I had to put it in the main compartment which was somewhat inconvenient.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 28th February 2020 at 16:58. Reason: adding spacing
Roy.S is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 23:15   #358
BHPian

I use a Guardian gears Rhino mini which is 50l and not terribly big.

Positives so far are that the build quality seems good and its got ykk zippers which are nice. Plus it has a waterproof rain cover that comes with the bag and lastly it's inexpensive at 3k

Negatives are that you can't adjust the two protruding sections at either end of the bad so it will always have that claw look which may or may not be a downer for you.

Aside from that I really can't fault the bag. The inside is orange in colour and it makes it easy to locate things. Haven't used it much so take what I say with a pinch of salt but so far I am pretty happy.

You should consider the rynox grab hybrid tail bag. Seems like a great product but I needed a bag fast so didn't wait for stock to arrive.

https://www.rynoxgears.com/collectio...ormproof-black
bf1983 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2020, 16:37   #359
BHPian

For a recent road trip I bought the ViaTerra Elements Tailbag

Ordered it from Amazon.in after physically checking out, Guardian gears Rhino mini & Dirtsack Boomerang tail bags. These two are soft and has no shape. ViaTerra has a nice shape due to its construction.

The Saddle & Tail Bag Review Thread-img20200221wa0021.jpg

Mounting system uses straps with double-d ring fasteners on plastic loops.

The Saddle & Tail Bag Review Thread-img_20200221_11541301.jpeg

I used a 2 way bungee cord to secure it in ts place. It has a capacity of 35 liters which was more than sufficient for my 3 days/2 nights road trip. The side pockets can keep quick accessible items. I didn't use a tank bag!

In addition, it has 3M reflectives at the rear and on the sides. I'm satisfied with the purchase. I feel the the plastic double-d rings are the weakest point of the bag. Let's see how it fairs over time. (These plastic rings are easily replaceable at bag stores)

Keep trippin'
surjaonwheelz

Last edited by surjaonwheelz : 28th February 2020 at 16:40.
surjaonwheelz is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th February 2020, 16:48   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
Ordered it from Amazon.in after physically checking out, Guardian gears Rhino mini & Dirtsack Boomerang tail bags. These two are soft and has no shape. ViaTerra has a nice shape due to its construction.
I think apart from fact that it holds its shape, the metal zippers are a definite advantage that the Viaterra has over the Dirtsack. The latter, though, is amazingly waterproof without any external cover or internal liner.
The Dirtsack tailbag cannot be used without mostly filling it up else there is a chance it would sag on both sides.
Roy.S is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks