Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2016, 22:08   #226
AWD
BHPian

Re: The Saddle & Tail Bag Review Thread

I got this saddle bag(refer pic) for Bullet Classic 350. How to fix/install this properly ?

Also supplied with the bag are these two metal pieces(2nd pic.)

Now these are two saddle bags/both side but I intend to install one on right side only. There are two ways, one would be fix that flap under the rear seat(don't know the correct mechanism), 2nd would be with those metal plates(again no idea how to)!

Last edited by AWD : 14th March 2016 at 22:17.
Old 14th March 2016, 22:14   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
I got this saddle bag(refer pic) for Bullet Classic 350. How to fix/install this properly ?
You will need to get a frame made to set it up properly. Make sure the frame is sturdy enough to not fall apart on you. Check the welds and make sure they are "pakka"

There should be ready made options available at the local accessory shops if you look around, but getting one fabricated should be super easy and cheap too
Urban_Nomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 22:21   #228
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
You will need to get a frame made to set it up properly. Make sure the frame is sturdy enough to not fall apart on you
Thanks Urban_Nomad. Frame to fixed under the rear seat ? Also check the 2nd pic. I've uploaded now.

Mine being a tier 2 City, there are no good fabricators. So getting a pre-fabricated frame would be almost impossible.

With the plates in the 2nd pic, it won't be a clean install as holes have to made in the bag.

Last edited by AWD : 14th March 2016 at 22:38.
Old 13th April 2016, 13:33   #229
BHPian

Viaterra Velox or something else?

Hi guys.

I was planning to get a saddlebag for use on my KTM Duke 390. Was thinking of getting the Viaterra Velox. My only concern is I have my bikes rear hugger removed. So under full load will the bag sag and probably touch the rear tyre in motion or on corners and be a recipe for disaster?

I would want to hear from ones who have used and suggestions also welcome. Safety on high speeds and cornering with full load is my only worry. Apart from that Im a Viaterra loyalist (sort of)
Old 20th April 2016, 09:22   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshayhonda View Post
Hi guys.

I was planning to get a saddlebag for use on my KTM Duke 390. Was thinking of getting the Viaterra Velox. My only concern is I have my bikes rear hugger removed. So under full load will the bag sag and probably touch the rear tyre in motion or on corners and be a recipe for disaster?

I would want to hear from ones who have used and suggestions also welcome. Safety on high speeds and cornering with full load is my only worry. Apart from that Im a Viaterra loyalist (sort of)

I have used viaterra saddle bags for my last Pune -Goa ride. The right and left saddle bags are secured by straps and velcro on the pillion seat. Moreover, the right side bag is secured to the right side pillion footpeg and left side bag to left footpeg. If the bags are secured tight, they do not touch the tyres during cornering and high speeds.

A friend also got frames fabricated to hold the bags( something like a saree gaurd) just to be sure they don't move.
Old 20th April 2016, 12:49   #231
Senior - BHPian

Where can i buy panniers for the benelli 600 GT from.
Old 24th April 2016, 01:16   #232
BHPian

Viaterra Velox comes home

Finally got my hands on the ViaTerra Velox. This bag is been specifically designed for KTM Duke 125/200/390. Will put up comprehensive review once I use for a ride to come (Goa-Mahabaleshwar)

Initial impression: I'm a ViaTerra loyalist and user. Having owned Ranger TankBag, Marine Hydration Bag, Claw and Viaterra Seaty there was no other brand to look froward to. These bags have marked my re-entry into touring after a gap of almost 1.5yrs. Damn I got dragged talking about unnecessary things

The bags are supremely build like any other Viaterra product. Fit and finish is top notch. Mrp was 2900. Had bulk ordered for our riding group so got 10% off on mrp. That made it a sweet deal. Tried mounting them on the bike to check and see how it fits and feels. Until next time let the pics do the talking.

Feel free to shoot any questions

The Saddle & Tail Bag Review Thread-img_20160423_153500003_hdr.jpg

The Saddle & Tail Bag Review Thread-img_20160423_153336565_hdr.jpg
akshayhonda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2016, 02:59   #233
Senior - BHPian

Guys I am planning on undertaking my first roadtrip on the KTM RC390 and need some advice on which tail bag/saddle bag to buy. I have heard about Viaterra Claw and Dirtsack Speed. Am looking for about 40 liters of luggage capacity and need something that won't affect my riding on the RC. Have heard about many bags designed for the Duke but what about the RC? The Claw looks like good value for money but I am beginning to wonder if hopping on and off the bike would be an issue considering its added height. Please help a noob out
Old 18th May 2016, 10:22   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
I am beginning to wonder if hopping on and off the bike would be an issue considering its added height. Please help a noob out
Pls see the pics made in this thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post3028245

Also remember, tailbag is excellent when you don't have pillion & you don't have to balance the load. Use a saddlebag if you want space for pillion & willing to load both the bags in balance.

Last edited by aargee : 18th May 2016 at 10:23.
aargee is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2016, 15:10   #235
BHPian

Re: The Royal Enfield Himalayan Test-Ride Thread

This bag! Quite awesome I must say. I don't know what company this is; Octopuss. No information available anywhere online.
Attached Thumbnails
The Saddle & Tail Bag Review Thread-bag1.jpeg  

The Saddle & Tail Bag Review Thread-bag2.jpeg  

torqueunlimited is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th June 2016, 13:03   #236
Senior - BHPian

The bag looks good, but couldn't see any relevant information about Royal Enfield collaborating with Octopuss for such bags.

Royal Enfield said they would launch the accessories soon after the bike is launched.
Old 5th June 2016, 13:33   #237
BHPian

That's what I checked for at first. There is no information about it. But this bag is from a company owned accessories retail outlet at Phoenix in Pune. It's legit I'm sure. And the quality of the bag is top notch. I'm thinking of picking one up soon, hesitated then only because I couldn't find an official website for octopuss even!
Old 5th June 2016, 14:24   #238
Team-BHP Support

/OT

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueunlimited View Post
I couldn't find an official website for octopuss even!
Found these links (do a Google translate):

http://4h10.com/2014/10/octopuss-earth-bag-waterproof/

RE seems to be collaborating with this French company for the bags.

And this video:

The one sold by RE is a slightly different variant with the nets and the chest wraparound. And the capacity seems to be 22L vs the 30L shown in the video.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th June 2016 at 14:25.
Old 5th June 2016, 14:51   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
/OT
The one sold by RE is a slightly different variant with the nets and the chest wraparound. And the capacity seems to be 22L vs the 30L shown in the video.
OT
This specific one for RE is called "weapon".
http://www.canellamoto.it/shop/en/bags/5529-octopuss-weapon-22l-black.html

And a video;

But there's really no official website, which made me think twice. But everything checks out fine and it's apparently a steal at that price being waterproof and a tank bag!
Old 6th June 2016, 08:27   #240
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueunlimited View Post
OT
This specific one for RE is called "weapon steal at that price being waterproof and a tank bag!
What is the price they quoted to you? I wonder if these can double up as a smallish tail bag too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks