Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2016, 12:12   #5236
BHPian

Re: The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM-58 View Post
I had a very minor accident on my 390, wherein the front wheel just went and nudged a TVS 50 (moron cut across a main road without looking), and ever since then I've felt that the front wheel is very slightly misaligned. I gave it for servicing a couple of days ago, and particularly highlighted the issue. The SVC guys, while I was taking delivery of the bike today, insisted that there's no misalignment. Mind you, it's just perceptible if you're used to the bike, and is only appreciably felt while cornering/going over bad roads. I'm inclined to think the service centre is not capable of correcting such a slight anomaly, and I've got the impression that the mechanics are not very technically sound. Any idea where I could get the alignment checked to a great degree of precision? I miss the sense of perfect balance the bike had before aforementioned accident. I'm in Pondicherry, and I make frequent trips to Chennai. Would any regular-large tyre shop be able to do this to my satisfaction?
Hi.I guess you get the bike serviced at ktm pondy, if so have you tried showing it to the senior mechanic prabhakar ? He is good in identifying handling problems at least much better than other service centres.I have cone set problems in my rc 390 and will be giving the bike this week, maybe you could try mine to feel the difference between yours and mine.
nitninja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 13:39   #5237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM-58 View Post
I had a very minor accident on my 390, wherein the front wheel just went and nudged a TVS 50 (moron cut across a main road without looking), and ever since then I've felt that the front wheel is very slightly misaligned. I gave it for servicing a couple of days ago, and particularly highlighted the issue. The SVC guys, while I was taking delivery of the bike today, insisted that there's no misalignment. Mind you, it's just perceptible if you're used to the bike, and is only appreciably felt while cornering/going over bad roads. I'm inclined to think the service centre is not capable of correcting such a slight anomaly, and I've got the impression that the mechanics are not very technically sound. Any idea where I could get the alignment checked to a great degree of precision? I miss the sense of perfect balance the bike had before aforementioned accident. I'm in Pondicherry, and I make frequent trips to Chennai. Would any regular-large tyre shop be able to do this to my satisfaction?
Most probably it can be rectified with cone setting. Had the problem with my bike before. The air filter box cracked in my bike two days before. And I had to take effort to convince them that there was a problem somewhere. Got it replaced under warranty yesterday. The idea is to keep on insisting that the problem is there.
Old 6th February 2016, 17:22   #5238
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone from Bangalore serviced their bikes from the SVC lately? I got mine serviced yesterday in Mekhri circle and was surprised to see the change of chain lube from the OKS to 3M.

When I inquired about the change, they said it is being followed off late. The sound it used to make earlier is definitely gone, but cannot attribute this completely to the chain lube. I can also see the splash on the rim is lesser compared to the OKS.

But the service offered yesterday was top notch by the Mekhri circle team. I got a call about an hour from the time I gave the bike, to inform about the delay in returning the bike since they found oil sweating from the engine head and wanted some more time to correct it. And a follow up call the next morning about the bike being ready for delivery. Things have changed for good from the past, let us hope it gets better.
unk9ja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2016, 17:51   #5239
Senior - BHPian

^^ at least in delhi - the service center has always used motul to clean and lube the chain
Old 9th February 2016, 19:58   #5240
Senior - BHPian

Had ordered a paddock stand from GA engineering for Rs 2400 inclusive of shipping. Original price was 2600, but since there were a couple of other folks who were ordering with me, I got a discount

I received the stand today and here is the summary of the overall experience:

Product - The stand arrived just today and definitely looks well made

Ease of use - today was the first time ever that I was using a paddock stand. A couple of Youtube videos later, I went to my parking to try it out. I wouldn't say that it was a cinch, but not too hard. A few more times and I should have absolutely no issues

Usability - Goes without saying, cleaning and lubing the chain should not be a tear inducing task anymore. I also plan to do my own basic maintenance and this should definitely come in handy

Shipping - I placed the order last Thursday, the stand arrived today morning. Not bad at all. The stand itself was packed nicely, albeit in maggi noodles wrappers . No dings or scratches whatsoever

Vendor interaction - The owner "Gaurav" is responsive and very professional. Good luck trying to get a discount off of him though . Thank god the product itself is pretty VFM

Last edited by Urban_Nomad : 9th February 2016 at 20:06.
Urban_Nomad is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 16:35   #5241
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Had ordered a paddock stand from GA engineering for Rs 2400 inclusive of shipping. Original price was 2600, but since there were a couple of other folks who were ordering with me, I got a discount
Been using the same for Last 5-6 months. Its a great help with chain lubing and adjustment and fairly simple to use too. I can now easily put the bike on the paddock and bring it down, all by myself.
Old 11th February 2016, 17:41   #5242
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Been using the same for Last 5-6 months. Its a great help with chain lubing and adjustment and fairly simple to use too. I can now easily put the bike on the paddock and bring it down, all by myself.
Just wondering, has anyone looked into getting a pro oiler or Scott oiler installed into their bikes here? Nothing but good stuff about it every where in the inter webs.

Have seen peeps running their stock chain and sprockets for over 30,000 clicks without touching it.
Old 13th February 2016, 02:12   #5243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Just wondering, has anyone looked into getting a pro oiler or Scott oiler installed into their bikes here? Nothing but good stuff about it every where in the inter webs.

Have seen peeps running their stock chain and sprockets for over 30,000 clicks without touching it.
Wasn't aware that these are available for the Duke. I wouldn't want to install this on my bike unless its made for it, coz otherwise i'd have oil where it shouldn't be. Not a comforting thought with the rear tire.

Also wanted to check if anyone has had the airbox cracking issue on here? Apparently its a known issue with the RC bikes, but not with the Dukes. A buddy and I bought our bikes on the same day from the same lot (Aug 2015), and both our bikes have broken airboxes. We're getting replacements in warranty, but just wondering if anyone else had this happen to them?

Last edited by lucifer919 : 13th February 2016 at 02:16.
Old 13th February 2016, 02:17   #5244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer919 View Post
Also wanted to check if anyone has had the airbox cracking issue on here?
Mine had to be replaced under warranty
Old 13th February 2016, 02:57   #5245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Mine had to be replaced under warranty
did you have any luck figuring out if it was a stress fracture or a manufacturing defect? i haven't taken mine off yet, so could not check.
Old 13th February 2016, 05:28   #5246
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer919 View Post
Wasn't aware that these are available for the Duke. I wouldn't want to install this on my bike unless its made for it, coz otherwise i'd have oil where it shouldn't be. Not a comforting thought with the rear tire.
It's a universal unit. Have a look online. I think the Scott oiler is available now in India through resellers.

Beats lubing the chain every 500 kays.
Old 14th February 2016, 02:54   #5247
BHPian

Quote:
It's a universal unit. Have a look online. I think the Scott oiler is available now in India through resellers.

Beats lubing the chain every 500 kays.
700 kms in, I can already see the value in this. Where can I find one in Poona or thereabouts?
Old 14th February 2016, 06:32   #5248
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameshwar View Post
700 kms in, I can already see the value in this. Where can I find one in Poona or thereabouts?
Not sure about pune, but it's available at the biking spirit and big bad bikes in n bangalore, and retails at between 10 and 11k. Not bad at all! Definitely on my list of immediate farkle list once out of the showroom.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2016, 10:52   #5249
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure about pune, but it's available at the biking spirit and big bad bikes in n bangalore, and retails at between 10 and 11k. Not bad at all! Definitely on my list of immediate farkle list once out of the showroom.
I couldnt find it anywhere online in India. If possible can you ask the bangalore shops if they are aware where to find it online?

Thanks.
Old 14th February 2016, 14:54   #5250
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
I couldnt find it anywhere online in India. If possible can you ask the bangalore shops if they are aware where to find it online?

Thanks.
You can order it from either of the guys I mentioned above (Facebook them) and they will have it delivered to you.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks