Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Old 9th March 2021, 10:37   #6586
BHPian

Default Re: The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
This seems to be a common problem with the Brembo master cylinder. I had to replace mine in my Pulsar 200 ns, 2 days ago. The master cylinder price was Rs. 670. I believe the master cylinder is shared with the Dukes.

To confirm that the master cylinder is faulty, when the back brake is jammed, open the bleed screw a bit (just loosen, not remove). This relieves pressure in the line and the brake should release. Then tighten the bleed screw. If the brake doesn't release, the caliper itself might be the problem.
Thank you. I just left the bike with KTM service in the morning. The SA told me that they will try to bleed it first and see the things become alright and hence asked for 2-3 hours time. Problem is, if the master cylinder is really faulty, then it may take at least a week to get that
Hope what you say is correct and I can get pulsar 200 ns cylinder to replace duke cylinder.

Yesterday, I just removed the brake lever and the wheel became alright. So I did the unacceptable and drove the bike depending on the front brake alone.
Old 10th March 2021, 10:43   #6587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Hope what you say is correct and I can get pulsar 200 ns cylinder to replace duke cylinder.

Yesterday, I just removed the brake lever and the wheel became alright. So I did the unacceptable and drove the bike depending on the front brake alone.
UPDATE:

The KTM Mekhri bled the brake lines and its alright now. They test rode for few km and later I rode it around 40 km. The problem has not surfaced again. Hope it continues for some more time.

Learnt a valuable lesson. Authorised centres need not be costly all the times as they charged me less than Rs 250 for almost whole days work.

The local service centre advised replacing the master cylinder while the authorised service centre just rectified the problem (no jugaad). I was under the impression that usually the trend is the opposite.
girishv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 23:37   #6588
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hey guys, I'm facing issues with my ABS, it started 3 days back, where the ABS light suddenly comes on, I switched the bike off and turned it on and did not come on for the rest of the day certain speed. On my trip to Pune the ABS developed a mind of it's own, it comes on at a certain speed and goes off at a certain speed. Another observation was that the speed goes to zero more frequently, on my way back from Pune, the light goes off and stayed off till Panvel. I cleaned both the front and rear ABS sensor, but that did not help much, even checked the fuse box, but everything was in place. Now on the console the ABS light does not come on at all. Took an appointment with the ASC for Saturday, hopefully its not the ABS pump.
Attached Thumbnails
The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread-16158318211967678155986911579561.jpg  

Last edited by Dhruv Shetty : 15th March 2021 at 23:49.
Old 5th April 2021, 22:19   #6589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhruv Shetty View Post
Hey guys, I'm facing issues with my ABS, it started 3 days back, where the ABS light suddenly comes on, I switched the bike off and turned it on and did not come on for the rest of the day certain speed. On my trip to Pune the ABS developed a mind of it's own, it comes on at a certain speed and goes off at a certain speed. Another observation was that the speed goes to zero more frequently, on my way back from Pune, the light goes off and stayed off till Panvel. I cleaned both the front and rear ABS sensor, but that did not help much, even checked the fuse box, but everything was in place. Now on the console the ABS light does not come on at all. Took an appointment with the ASC for Saturday, hopefully its not the ABS pump.
Dhruv, it can perhaps be faulty sensor and cleaning wouldn't have sufficed. I'd recommend you to inspect both the sensors and tone rings and then try inspecting the pump. Intermittent 0 value on the speedo and haywire readings can perhaps be attributed to faulty wheel speed sensor.

Also make sure the sensor wires and connectors are not stripped, kinked and not providing a correct fix to the female connector, just the basics.

Start off with sensors, sensor wire and connectors, fuses then ABS unit. Do keep us updated.

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed