Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2013, 08:56   #331
BHPian

re: The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here

Quote:
Originally Posted by enfield_500 View Post
Who would you guys recommend in mumbai? I am done with my free services, so should i continue with the RE authorized center, or are there other mechanics who will do a better job? I ride a Classic 500.
Which part of Bombay do you live in and what work do you want done? Is it just regular maintenance?

I've owned royal enfields for around 17 years and have yet to come across a 100% reliable / professional mechanic to be very honest with you. Most of the mechanics in town work well if you have the time to keep visiting them and coaxing them to work.
Old 2nd March 2013, 10:06   #332
BHPian

re: The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here

Quote:
Originally Posted by theqca View Post
Which part of Bombay do you live in and what work do you want done? Is it just regular maintenance?

I've owned royal enfields for around 17 years and have yet to come across a 100% reliable / professional mechanic to be very honest with you. Most of the mechanics in town work well if you have the time to keep visiting them and coaxing them to work.
I just need someone for regular maintenance and service. I stay at dadar. The only good service center I've come across until now is the one at mahim.
Old 22nd April 2013, 23:10   #333
BHPian

I've tried a Regulator-rectifier for standard CI350 using a 'Swiss Regulator- rectifier' for the point set enfield. After I did a 6V to 12V conversion the bike would stall after crossing 80 kmph due to power surge and it felt like a sudden jolt. After many months of agony and replacing of a lot of parts, I pinned the problem to the Bridge rectifier. Replacing this with a regulator-rectifier solved my problem. The bike accelerates smoothly.
Keep the Swiss regulator-rectifier 4 pin connector facing you.
The bottom 2 pins are for the AC wires from the alternator you can connect either of then from the alternator.
The upper 2 pins are 12V-14V DC output, top left for positive and top right for negative.

I have rewired the enfield myself with thick 4 sqmm wire and made the body negative and centre of the spark plug positive as in modern bikes. Cost me just Rs180 for the wires. The bike runs very well as good as any other enfield.
I recommend a Reg-rectifier instead of a bridge rectifier in an enfield that has had a 6V to 12V conversion or a new alternator installed.
Old 8th May 2013, 21:30   #334
BANNED

Hi all

Can you please suggest me a good mechanic for my 1980 bullet in chennai ,preferably in and around adyar,mylapore (if possible)
Old 20th June 2013, 13:37   #335

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi all

Can you please suggest me a good mechanic for my 1980 bullet in chennai ,preferably in and around adyar,mylapore (if possible)
You may try Mr.Shankar parallel road to Tiruvanmiyur bus stand. I have been told he is good. I have not availed his services as I am in different part of city.

If Chepauk stadium is near, you may go to Mr.Kalai. He is very good and you may refer my name. His number is 9884333622

At 100 feet road, Opp to Aishwarya Mahal, you may go to Mr.Siva, 9841558884. You may refer my name.

I avail both their services and they are very good. They are exclusive bullet mechanics for more than 20 years.
naraghu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2013, 22:43   #336
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by naraghu View Post
You may try Mr.Shankar parallel road to Tiruvanmiyur bus stand. I have been told he is good. I have not availed his services as I am in different part of city.

If Chepauk stadium is near, you may go to Mr.Kalai. He is very good and you may refer my name. His number is 9884333622

At 100 feet road, Opp to Aishwarya Mahal, you may go to Mr.Siva, 9841558884. You may refer my name.

I avail both their services and they are very good. They are exclusive bullet mechanics for more than 20 years.
I know shankar but he didnt seem to be listening to my problem and was only focusing on his existing clients.in fact he didnt encourage me at his shop when i went 3-4 years ago.

I will try others
Old 24th June 2013, 00:15   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
I know shankar but he didnt seem to be listening to my problem and was only focusing on his existing clients.in fact he didnt encourage me at his shop when i went 3-4 years ago.

I will try others
Speak to Seshan. He is probably the best mechanic I have ever seen (3 enfields, 1lakh+ km on each of them (delhi to madras/bangalore, madras/bangalore to calcutta, madras/bangalore to Pune/goa multiple trips, innumerable trips between madras and bangalore) and they all still run like magic).

Warning - He is 10% extra cost, 10% extra time to deliver bikes

AFAIK, his service schedule is booked till end of September. But, if you have a minor niggle or two, he will get it done for you.

Location - Left hand side on the road from SRP tools to Velachery, just opposite to the second church that you will see on your right hand side.

Contact - 9840341166 (you can say that Shyam referred you)

If in Bangalore, speak to a guy called babu, near bilekahalli arch. A very sincere and good chap. Contact - 9880287826

Shyam
shyamk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2013, 00:41   #338
BHPian

I have classic 500, I would like to change to old thunderbird seat model.

please recommend a good place in Bangalore who can do this modification without damaging my beauty..

-AM
Old 2nd August 2013, 21:30   #339
BHPian

I've just moved from Manipal to Cochin.Can anyone please suggest a honest/good mechanic in and around the area for regular maintenance.
Old 3rd September 2013, 12:18   #340
BHPian

Hey guys.. My brother has just moved to the Gurgaon area and hes looking for a good RE mechanic around that area.. Hes using a TBTS so anyone well versed with the UCE would be great... Thank you so much for your advice in advance!! Cheers!!!
Old 5th September 2013, 11:22   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
infact, i would say finding a knowledgeable/reliable/No attitude mech is just a dream!

I almost dint use my 535 for for more then a year, why? cause no mechanic in Mangalore was able to tune it, almost decided to give it away but wanted to give a last shot before i made the move.
Just came across this thread. Do you still have the 535 with you.

Have you tried Rashid in Manipal.

My CI 250 was under his care for the past 10 years, now i've moved to Mangalore and at times still go to him for maintenance.
Old 8th September 2013, 17:22   #342
BHPian

Hi guys, need some help here

I own a two year old Classic 350 with 13.5 k on the odo. On 3rd sept after office hours, I was surprised that the my usual one-kick-start bike did not start even after 5-6 kicks. My starter had gone kaput at @10k, and I had planned to repair the same during the next servicing.
The electricals looked ok, horn and headlights were working. Only thing is that the occasional back kick was absent. After about 20 mins of trying, the bike started. However it was not idling normally and constant throttle inputs were required to maintain the engine running. However I did manage to reach home barely 3 kms away without any further fuss.
Next day in the morning when I tried to start the bike, it wont. Since then I have tried many different things, but the bike wont start. The only good thing that has happened is that I realized the starter wiring connector was loose, which i joined and the starter is now working. Otherwise the condition of the bike looks OK, but there is no spark (I removed the spark plug connectors to check for spark, but the same is missing when I crank the engine). What could be the problem????
I dont have any mechanics close by and during this festive holiday season I cant find anyone to repair the bike. HELP!!
Old 8th September 2013, 18:39   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsamuelk View Post
I've tried a Regulator-rectifier for standard CI350 using a 'Swiss Regulator- rectifier' for the point set enfield. After I did a 6V to 12V conversion the bike would stall after crossing 80 kmph due to power surge and it felt like a sudden jolt. After many months of agony and replacing of a lot of parts, I pinned the problem to the Bridge rectifier. Replacing this with a regulator-rectifier solved my problem. The bike accelerates smoothly.
Keep the Swiss regulator-rectifier 4 pin connector facing you.
The bottom 2 pins are for the AC wires from the alternator you can connect either of then from the alternator.
The upper 2 pins are 12V-14V DC output, top left for positive and top right for negative.

I have rewired the enfield myself with thick 4 sqmm wire and made the body negative and centre of the spark plug positive as in modern bikes. Cost me just Rs180 for the wires. The bike runs very well as good as any other enfield.
I recommend a Reg-rectifier instead of a bridge rectifier in an enfield that has had a 6V to 12V conversion or a new alternator installed.

6 months down the line and it still works good.
If your mech tells you, it can't be done - look it up
If he tells you it mustn't be done then - do it yourself.
As long as there's evidence, heresy and old wives tales will not prevail

The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here-regrec1.jpg

The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here-regrec2.jpg
drsamuelk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2013, 22:18   #344
BHPian

Hi,

I am from Bangalore and I have a 2013 model Thunderbird 350. It is due for its 2nd free service at 3,000 km. I plan to finish all the free services from authorised service centres (ASS) and then go to a good mechanic for paid services, as I have read that the mechanics do better servicing job than the ASS guys, and ASS mechanics do the job just to make money. I have been looking for a good RE authorised service centre (ASS) for the servicing but have not been able to find leads on this.

Please guide me on a good RE authorised service centre (ASS) in Bangalore. It would would be really helpful if you could share your experiences with them, weather good or bad, and if any particular suggestion.
Old 21st October 2013, 13:08   #345
BHPian

I own an '83 bull.Recently moved to Cochin.Its been about 3 months and I'm yet to find a good mech.Currently there's a very squeaky sound coming while the clutch is depressed.I'm seriously considered selling the bike since I can't ride it in such a condition.Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks