Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2021, 16:56   #2476
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandTourer View Post

I see you haven't opted for the sump guard. I would suggest you go for it (OEM or after market, your choice) considering the condition of roads here in Bangalore, especially Whitefield (assuming from delivery photos).
Happy riding!
Thank you, yes haven't yet got the sump guard yet. I was looking at the Bikings one available at BikenBiker. I will get it done over the weekend. Without that & the engine guard, I am being extra precautious while riding, so its kind of stressful riding right now.

Quote:
Also, the compact engine guard would be helpful when you eventually drop the bike (It's going to happen sooner or later )
Ha ha , absolutely, will get it installed .
Marias is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 18:46   #2477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marias View Post
But I found this one from MKDesigns "https://mkdesignsindia.com/product/pillion-footrest-extender/" @2K which is way cheaper than the Hepco one (~6k)

I just got this delivered today. Will get it installed & share my feedback here in a some time.
There's also Roadpower Customs version @2,900. Catalog at https://wa.me/c/917483573674

After watching the video I was concerned the pillion's foot would be too close to the driver's foot so feedback on the MK version will be welcome
catkins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 03:35   #2478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adwaith View Post
The mileage on the bike had dropped and I'm having a tough time coming to terms with it.
That is low. Are you idling the bike a lot, especially during warm up? Too many short rides in between? This can be the cause of reduced fuel economy. How many tankful's is this based on?

I get anywhere between 24 to 26kmpl and thats with some aggressive highway riding. I don't idle the bike more than 20 seconds from a cold start. I ride away and take it easy for a few kilometers before pushing higher revs.

On my last fill, I got 277km out of 10.75 litres.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 11:05   #2479
BHPian

Quote:
Finally after a long wait, got my Ravishing Red beauty. Lovely machine, absolute head turner. Sharing few pics here. Lot more in progress.

Zana top rack, with back rest, is on the way so that should provide some comfort for pillion.

I thought Carbon Racing handle-bar risers were a DIY job, but there was a recent video where it said cable re-routing was required. I don't want to mess it up.

Also ordered the pillion footpeg shifter from MKDesigns, which is on the way.

Will post more pics once everything's done.
Cheerios
Congratulations mate! Wish you many wonderful miles & memories with your bike.

Ravishing red is quite a head Turner indeed. I had a similar experience with the riding posture leading to shoulder pain but gradually it does seem to go away. I bought the HDT ones but after watching the video on cable rerouting I did not want to get it done, don’t know a trusted FNG nearby & did not have trust to let a local mechanic to fiddle with a brand new machine as much just to get some cable slack. Let us know how did it go.

Keen to hear your feedback on the zana backrest, much needed for the pillion.

Waiting for more pics with all the accessories
suhas_raj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 11:46   #2480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpanjha View Post
Happy new year Adwaith.

Regarding fuel efficiency, since your bike has already completed the first service, I think this is abnormally low. Please check if fuel is leaking anywhere and your method of calculation is correct or not. What I suggest, easiest is as soon as the blinker goes on, try and fill up in round figure in litres for example 8 Ltrs or 10 Ltrs and reset the trip meter. As soon as the blinker goes on next time, thats your mileage vis a vis quantity filled. If you are confident the reading is correct, please get in touch with your nearest SVC and speak to them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
That is low. Are you idling the bike a lot, especially during warm up? Too many short rides in between? This can be the cause of reduced fuel economy. How many tankful's is this based on?

I get anywhere between 24 to 26kmpl and thats with some aggressive highway riding. I don't idle the bike more than 20 seconds from a cold start. I ride away and take it easy for a few kilometers before pushing higher revs.

On my last fill, I got 277km out of 10.75 litres.
Thank you so much for you replies!

I usually have been filling at around 170 km. I haven't really relied on the fuel meter because I see it changing as I keep riding. I always fill speed, since that is the only premium fuel available here and since I was told it is better for the engine and gives more mileage.

I idle her for a maximum of 2 minutes during a cold start, since that was recommended in the manual and it gets quite cold here.

I primary ride her to my golf class which is about 6 km away and after class I take her around for about 10 to 15 kms. This is almost daily.

I fill her up to the auto-stop and then have it rounded up to the nearest 100, since I generally pay by cash. I then divide the kilometres done by the number of litres filled. This is how I have been calculating the fuel efficiency all along.

I do rev her once in a while but I generally keep the revs between 2K and 4K. I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong.

Quote:
About replacing the stock headlight, as far as I know it does not void your warranty at all. I have replaced my stock bulb to Andride Nighteye and am having huge benefit, and I got it verified at the SVC and the showroom and they have confirmed it does not affect my warranty at all. Unless you are cutting any wire, your warranty stays good.
This is amazing news. Thank you so much! How are you finding it?

I can't seem to find a 4000K version though. Auxbeam does, but do they void the warranty?

Last edited by BlackPearl : 7th January 2021 at 15:49. Reason: More than 2 smileys. Thanks.
adwaith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 14:57   #2481
BHPian

Mod note: Back to back post, use Multi Quote [Quote+] instead. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhas_raj View Post
Congratulations mate! Wish you many wonderful miles & memories with your bike.

Keen to hear your feedback on the zana backrest, much needed for the pillion.

Waiting for more pics with all the accessories
Got one FNG recommended by my apartment RE owners, but he is expected by this Sunday only. Will share the feedback + pics once done. I am eagerly waiting for the Carbon racing handlebar risers. This guy is an ex-RE employee so I am hoping the cable re-routing should not be a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Thank you for posting the pricing in detail that will help 'yet-to-be' owners from Bangalore.

If possible please add links for purchase or images of these items that you have purcased.
These are the ones I purchased till now.

Rear footrest extender - https://mkdesignsindia.com/product/p...rest-extender/ - 2K

Carbon Racing Windshield - https://carbonracing.in/collections/...nterceptor-650 - 2K

Carbon Racing Handle bar risers - https://carbonracing.in/collections/...nterceptor-650 - 2K

TripMachine grip wrap - https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 - 949 Rs

Bobo Mobile holder & charger - https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 - 2.2K

Zana Top rack + back rest - https://www.zanainternational.com/to...ceptor-650.htm - 3K

Last edited by Jaggu : 7th January 2021 at 15:17. Reason: Back to back post, use Multi Quote [Quote+] instead. Thanks.
Marias is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 22:00   #2482
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you so much for you replies!

I usually have been filling at around 170 km. I haven't really relied on the fuel meter because I see it changing as I keep riding. I always fill speed, since that is the only premium fuel available here and since I was told it is better for the engine and gives more mileage.

This is amazing news. Thank you so much! How are you finding it?

I can't seem to find a 4000K version though. Auxbeam does, but do they void the warranty?
Adwaith, idling should not be a problem, and premium fuel will not help you get better efficiency. Just check your method of calculation.

Auxbeams are great, and my nighteye’s performance is decent and satisfactory till now.
arpanjha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 03:19   #2483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I idle her for a maximum of 2 minutes during a cold start, since that was recommended in the manual and it gets quite cold here.
That is correct, for the initial 500km, post which you can ride away. Idling for 2 minutes after every cold start is not required. Give it 10 to 20 seconds and ride away. A little longer if you're dealing with sub 5 degree temperatures and the bike is parked in the open.

Forget the fuel meter. Use the trip meter instead. Run up to 200km with every tankful (You can push up to 220 easily) and fill her up. You can fill up to the lower neck, just below that small breather hole.

I noticed that once you start filling, fuel is visible rather quick giving you the impression you're almost full tank but it does take in a couple more liters before its actually full.

High octane fuel isn't required. I used it for the run in period and switched to 91. Made no difference. The manual also recommends regular gas.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 8th January 2021 at 03:20.
sandeepmohan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 10:38   #2484
BHPian

Hello all,
Yesterday I got the seat changed. I was looking at options & I received multiple recommendations for Rao seat covers, Shivajinagar. Apparently, they are very popular in Bangalore.
In case anyone does not know, this is the place.

https://goo.gl/maps/LtPVavKUEbFMvsKr6

The guy quoted 3K along with exchange of the existing seat. Finalized for 2800 Rs.
Functionally, this is amazing. Till now, I did like 20kms & found this very comfy. Looks wise I found it ok. Wasn't a fan of the stock seat anyway.
What do you guys think?

Although, a note for short riders like me (I am 5'4"/ 5'5"); this increases the seat height by approx. 1 inch. So stop n go traffic may get a bit cumbersome.

OT: The bike is damn heavy. Struggled when I had to move it to & fro. All the more reason to spend more time in the gym.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-whatsapp-image-20210108-8.39.23-am.jpeg  

Marias is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 10:43   #2485
BHPian

Hello All,

I realize that the 2021 Interceptors may not be factory fitted with the Pirellis. Infact, I hear that they will have the Ceat H1 rubbers. I would like to know if this lowers the overall experience in anyway.

Also I am not sure if we have the option of asking for Pirellis instead of the others.

Please advise

Regards
Bharath

Last edited by bharath79 : 8th January 2021 at 10:44. Reason: grammar
Old 8th January 2021, 11:07   #2486
BHPian

Quote:
Functionally, this is amazing. Till now, I did like 20kms & found this very comfy. Looks wise I found it ok. Wasn't a fan of the stock seat anyway.
What do you guys think?
Great, looks good and purpose built! Now the grab rail looks out of place. You need a taller one or one with a backrest. Just keep in mind, with a back rest swinging a leg for the pillion becomes a bit difficult/clumsy.
surjaonwheelz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 12:11   #2487
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharath79 View Post
I realize that the 2021 Interceptors may not be factory fitted with the Pirellis. I hear that they will have the Ceat H1 rubbers. I would like to know if this lowers the overall experience in any way.

Also, I am not sure if we have the option of asking for Pirellis instead of the others
I think recent batches onwards it is Ceat Zoom or some such name tyre being fit. One needs to ride to know the difference and IMO for the general city commuting, may not make much difference.

Ceat tyres may not be as great as the Pirelli's in an overall sense but we don't have a choice actually thanks to the import restrictions. Since Ceat manufactures the size that the 650 Twins need, RE must have decided to switch over and save some money for themselves compared to Pirelli price.
Old 8th January 2021, 14:22   #2488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharath79 View Post
Hello All,

I realize that the 2021 Interceptors may not be factory fitted with the Pirellis. Infact, I hear that they will have the Ceat H1 rubbers. I would like to know if this lowers the overall experience in anyway.
To be fair Pirellis weren't that great either. I am one of the thousands who've been suffering innumerable punctures every now and then. I'd ditch these in a heartbeat. I don't know how good Ceat is/will be but they're tube-type tyres and if RE is indeed launching alloys next month (fingers crossed) then you will need to buy alloys and tubeless tyres together which may hurt bank balance.
Old 8th January 2021, 15:07   #2489
Senior - BHPian

When I first heard these bikes come with Pirellis, I was seriously in awe. Gave it an upmarket/international feel. RE should be careful at this juncture. Ceats just don't cut it.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 15:37   #2490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
When I first heard these bikes come with Pirellis, I was seriously in awe. Gave it an upmarket/international feel. RE should be careful at this juncture. Ceats just don't cut it.
India has imposed a restriction on tyre imports - all tyres sold in India must have a ISI Certification.
RE doesn't have a choice in this.

I had to bring a set of Tyres from Dubai recently for my Bonnie

The Exported 650s still goes with Pirellis. I saw the new lot in Dubai Showroom

Best Regards & Ride Safe
r_nairtvm is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks