Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2011, 18:56   #331
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda's 250cc Bike : CBR250R!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ierocks View Post
Spoke to Kun Honda in Chennai..SP says On-Road price from non-abs version is around 1.7L and with ABS around 2L and a waiting period of 5 months.
All that they have got are bookings of less than 3000 in 2 months across India, and they are already talking of 5 month waiting period?
Old 23rd March 2011, 21:43   #332
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda's 250cc Bike : CBR250R!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
Honda Motorcyle and Scooters India (HMSI) has finally revealed the price of the upcoming CBR250R. The standard version is priced at Rs. 1.43 lakhs, whereas the ABS is priced at Rs. 1.68 lakhs (all prices ex-showroom)
Correction : Its 1.51 and 1.77 lakhs Ex-showroom Mumbai !

CBR 250R finally comes to town
Old 24th March 2011, 07:38   #333
BHPian

the cbr 250r will surely kill the ninja 250. dont you think considering the price difference? although in performance terms the ninja will have the edge.
Old 24th March 2011, 09:17   #334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan View Post
the cbr 250r will surely kill the ninja 250. dont you think considering the price difference? although in performance terms the ninja will have the edge.
How many of you will use the full potential of these bikes? At the pricing, the Honda will rule the charts of 250cc. The 'edge' is worth 1.5lac extra and wouldnt be worth for most of us.

Ninja is now more of a brand name and if I have the moolah, I too will buy one.
Old 24th March 2011, 09:33   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
How many of you will use the full potential of these bikes? At the pricing, the Honda will rule the charts of 250cc. The 'edge' is worth 1.5lac extra and wouldnt be worth for most of us.

+1.

But brand is important too. If Honda/Yamaha/Suzuki offer a 250 cc,air cooled bike with some amount of frills but within Rs 1 lac, that may find many takers too. But am not sure it will click with Apache/Pulsar. Bike customers need an international aura that goes with the bike.
Old 24th March 2011, 09:37   #336
Senior - BHPian

the news is out, the pricing is mentioned in today's TOI (Zigwheels):
1.43L - non-ABS
1.68L - with ABS

prices are ex-showroom Delhi
Old 24th March 2011, 10:14   #337

Quote:
Originally Posted by isodope View Post
Just want to point out that the GW will weigh more, has the exact same amount of power, less torque, a torque peak higher up in the rev range, and will be sold in emerging markets only, like Brazil and China.
That is true.. am going to do quiet a bit of city as well as highway driving..so a naked bike like the GW might be ok..still confused..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
All that they have got are bookings of less than 3000 in 2 months across India, and they are already talking of 5 month waiting period?
That is what the KUN Honda SP told me.. Called them up again yesterday, he says end of may we will start deliveries..and around 60 bookings so far... also read somewhere on www that each dealer will be allotted 15 bikes or less on each production batch.. any idea what that means??

Quote:
Originally Posted by altius View Post
What is the ex-showroom price in Chennai? I read it was 1.51L in Delhi for non-abs version.
About the same, they refuse to give an exact amount.

Last edited by Dippy : 24th March 2011 at 20:53. Reason: back to back posts. Please use the multi quote option instead of creating back to back posts. Thanks
Old 24th March 2011, 10:39   #338
Senior - BHPian

With such a mouth watering price for 250cc mill from a good brand, will the Ninja see any price corrections ?
Old 24th March 2011, 11:37   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
With such a mouth watering price for 250cc mill from a good brand, will the Ninja see any price corrections ?
They better do that or be content with distant 2nd on sales chart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
But brand is important too. If Honda/Yamaha/Suzuki offer a 250 cc,air cooled bike with some amount of frills but within Rs 1 lac, that may find many takers too. But am not sure it will click with Apache/Pulsar. Bike customers need an international aura that goes with the bike.
CBR250R is an international bike just as a Ninja. And Honda commands same, if not more, respect as Kawasaki. It may not be Ninja killer in US or European market due to little price difference ($500?). In India, it is 100% price difference. It indeed will be Ninja Killer (unless they do price correction for Ninja, which is unlikely).
Old 24th March 2011, 11:51   #340
Senior - BHPian

How much of a margin are these guys running on these bikes? I can't recall, is the CBR coming in as a CKD?

There were rumours of a Yam 250, Apache 250, Pulsar 250 and the ilk. Are any of the expected to be twin cylinders?
Old 24th March 2011, 12:11   #341
Senior - BHPian

Great pricing. I think it will be a huge hit considering the brand value for Honda.

Quote:

+1

There is no doubt that Ninja is a great bike. But CBR250 makes more sense for Indian market. Also, Honda is reputed brand like Kawasaki.

Even if Indian manufacturers (Bajaj/ TVS/ Mahindra) comes with another 250cc, they will have to price it aggressively to get market share from Honda considering the premium Indians are willing to pay for Honda.

I think Kawasaki/ Bajaj will be forced to reduced the pricing or be far behind!
Old 24th March 2011, 13:14   #342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

And the prices of Ninja are bound to increase, courtesy new CKD norms ! So it's advantage CBR now !
Old 24th March 2011, 14:01   #343
BANNED

In a value for money conscious market. Brand names do not get the sales. If that was so we could have seen more HDs sold then Bullets. The perceived value is presently around the manufacturers reputation and products in the market. And in both those counts Honda beats Kawasaki hollow.

But yes twin is better then one. But for a 100% price difference it is a no brainer.
Old 24th March 2011, 18:36   #344
BHPian

Well I was one of the early birds for the booking and have been following the threads on this forum and elsewhere. I am informed by my dealer from goa that the launch is tentatively scheduled for 11th April and all those who have booked the bike would be called in to participate at the event.
Well as the debate ranges on , i guess the killer price of CBR250r is going to entice most of us, after all many of us wont mind losing one cylinder from the 250cc bike considering the savings involved.
Then again for many of this could be the start to serious biking and i am sure that many would upgrade to other bikes in future as the market potential will make manufactures bring in better capacity bikes to cater to the ever increasing demands of enthusiasts.
Old 24th March 2011, 22:14   #345
BHPian

The CBR 250 has been officially launched, albeit in a quite manner because of the Japan disaster. The prices have not been ofiicially announced as yet. The dealers were invited for the soft launch and were allowed to test ride the bike.

The first few display bikes will most likely be dispatched by the month end and will be on display end of first week, April. Test rides will begin a few days to a weeks later. Tentative date of arrival in showrooms is 8th april. Equal demand for both ABS as well as non ABS models. More booking are for Black . Least bookings for Silver.

Tentative onroad price chennai, 1.7 L for non-abs and and 2L for abs .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks