Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2011, 20:21   #256
BHPian

re: Honda's 250cc Bike : CBR250R!

And the speedo error confirmed with GPS shown in another video shows an error of 5kmph. So that makes the true speed to be about 160 KMPH in stock.

Also if you notice in the above video the tacho has not touched redline of 10500 rpm yet, so it can go a bit more .

The speed of a modded CBR250R is expected to be in the whereabouts of about 180 KMPH.

Last edited by -NUT-case : 3rd February 2011 at 20:26.
Old 3rd February 2011, 23:06   #257
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case View Post
And the speedo error confirmed with GPS shown in another video shows an error of 5kmph. So that makes the true speed to be about 160 KMPH in stock.
Know what if a quarter litre, single cylinder bike, weighing 160 kgs + rider say 50 kgs manages 100 miles per hour in stock form. We are looking at a great machine here.

Let's wait and watch.

My other bike happens to be a RD350, I haven't crossed 140 kph on it. So this bike should be awesome.

I still doubt it though. Eagerly waiting for the launch now.

Last edited by Spitfire : 3rd February 2011 at 23:07.
Old 4th February 2011, 11:01   #258
BANNED

48 BHP BMW which is quite heavy but sports similar kind of engine means DOHC, liquid cooled, twin spark plugs, 650 cc displacement also struggles after 100 miles(speed gun), fingers crossed. Don't ask how i know.
Old 4th February 2011, 17:47   #259
Senior - BHPian

Never thought of getting a bike after selling my Shogun few years back. But I am watching this thread closely :-)
Old 5th February 2011, 13:00   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
I understand that 30K is a big premium for the ABS version and it will put the bike out of many peoples budget. And if one cannot afford the ABS version, there is not much choice but go for the non-ABS version. But what I cannot understand is people find reasons to justify not needing ABS...

Some how in India accidents happen to other only. I am a good rider, safe! Accidents never happen to me!

Logic and safety are obviouly 2 sepeprate things in India. I am in the construction field and having basic safety at site work is such a tedious task!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthang View Post
For experienced, cost conscious rider, Non-ABS model should suffice just fine.

For newer riders, graduating from 10-15 bhp commuter bikes, or first timers, ABS would definitely be the way to go.

Imagine the added safety during monsoons, over poor road surfaces, gravelly roads, etc. These are all situations where brake distribution and ABS will save your hide.

ABS on bikes is proven technology the world over, and it is pointless arguing its benefits, really. The only debate is whether you feel like shelling out the extra 30k for you/your pillion's safety.

Ride Safe.
It also comes down to how much do you value you own body parts or your life that you would invenst in safety over economy. Buying the ABS model in a 250cc moden engine motorcycle is a no brainer if you ask me. A minor accident will offset the savings and more if ABS would have saved you!

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by n_aditya : 11th February 2011 at 10:26. Reason: posts merged
Old 10th February 2011, 19:05   #261
BHPian

Hi guys,

Found a nice CBR250r vs Ninja 250R comparison from motorcycle-USA. Makes for an interesting read.

Also has 2 cool videos with the 2 bikes in action together. They give it to the baby ninja over the baby fireblade, but i felt it was a little biased.

And the price difference of Rs 1L between the two in india is not factored in the comparison as they are equally priced in the US.

For all those who have written similar comments like these in this post

"But what I cannot understand is people find reasons to justify not needing ABS..."

"Buying the ABS model in a 250cc modern engine motorcycle is a no brainer if you ask me",

read the second page and also view the videos for the thoughts about combined "ABS" system, from the reviewers who are experienced riders and who have based their opinion on first hand practical knowledge.

Honda CBR250R vs Kawasaki Ninja 250R - Sportbike Motorcycle Comparison Review - Motorcycle USA
Old 10th February 2011, 20:06   #262
Senior - BHPian

Nice Comparo!

Quote:
And the price difference of Rs 1L between the two in india is not factored in the comparison as they are equally priced in the US.
Which is why the baby Ninja also should be produced here to give the baby CBR a run for its single cylinder.

Till then the CBR250R is the bike with more bang for buck.
Old 10th February 2011, 20:36   #263
BHPian

What is also to be seen and is of PRIME importance is that they have used the carb model and not the fuel injected one which we ride here. There is loads of difference in the power delivery between the two and im sure if the FI ninja was used it would have fared even better.

As for the ABS, although it comes across as an extremely handy feature for newbies it also disconnects that actual feel of the bike when your really trying to push it. While some prefer the drama that the bike does on the limit some dont. The artificial feel has been spoken about in the article as well.
Old 10th February 2011, 21:09   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Nice Comparo!

Which is why the baby Ninja also should be produced here to give the baby CBR a run for its single cylinder.

Till then the CBR250R is the bike with more bang for buck.
For bajaj to even bring it in the CKD route took almost 3 years . So if we were to wait for them to start manufacturing one here, we would be in wheelchairs with a tube in our nose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
What is also to be seen and is of PRIME importance is that they have used the carb model and not the fuel injected one which we ride here. There is loads of difference in the power delivery between the two and im sure if the FI ninja was used it would have fared even better.
True. In the US the FI model is not available. Probably because they want to maintain the current pricing there. Hence they have used the carb model.

Again that brings us to the "value for money" equation.
Old 11th February 2011, 11:50   #265
SMK
BHPian

Hey guys! slightly out of topic here, i spotted a Orange color Bajaj KTM Bike with no stickers on it being ripped on the Hosur Road near Forum Mall yesterday. Could not take a pic since the rider was very quick in getting past through the traffic. Spoke to him for 2 secs to check the pricing and release date, he said it may cost 2Lakhs on road and will be released soon to counter the Honda CBR.

Looks were not that impressive though and I would definately dont want to be spotted on one of these. Fuel tank looked abnormally small in size. Anyone else spotted this in Bangalore?

Last edited by SMK : 11th February 2011 at 11:52.
Old 11th February 2011, 15:50   #266
BHPian

Quote:
For all those who have written similar comments like these in this post

"But what I cannot understand is people find reasons to justify not needing ABS..."

"Buying the ABS model in a 250cc modern engine motorcycle is a no brainer if you ask me",

read the second page and also view the videos for the thoughts about combined "ABS" system, from the reviewers who are experienced riders and who have based their opinion on first hand practical knowledge.
In all fairness, the adverse comments seem to be directed not at the ABS per se, which is what the posters here were referring to, but rather on the "combined" braking system.

Yes, it would feel unnatural and disconcerting for an experienced rider to have his front dive when he was just using his rear-brake, because using the rear-brake in the combined system activates both the rear and front brakes.

I must say that, while I am a fan of ABS, I am not sure about this combined system, because it seems to make the riders used to a system of braking that would not work when they are riding other bikes...and so is something to be wary of.
Old 11th February 2011, 16:05   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMK View Post
Hey guys! slightly out of topic here, i spotted a Orange color Bajaj KTM Bike with no stickers on it being ripped on the Hosur Road near Forum Mall yesterday. Could not take a pic since the rider was very quick in getting past through the traffic. Spoke to him for 2 secs to check the pricing and release date, he said it may cost 2Lakhs on road and will be released soon to counter the Honda CBR.

Looks were not that impressive though and I would definately dont want to be spotted on one of these. Fuel tank looked abnormally small in size. Anyone else spotted this in Bangalore?
it is the baby duke! supposedly a 200cc version! 20-22bhp! priced around 2lacs.

Looks like the ABS on the CBR250 may not turnout to be very effective based on the review. Realistic impression to be drawn out from riders who are upgrading to a 250cc in India rather than guys who are used to the supers of 600cc+ testing a 250CC version in the USA.
Old 17th February 2011, 19:50   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
This may be slightly OT.

There are four different kinds of customers.

Customer 1: Will pick up the CBR 250R for the purpose of showing-off.

Customer 2: Will pick up the CBR 250R because he cannot afford a Ninja 250R. (might overlap with the above statement as well)

Customer 3: Will walk past the CBR 250R and buy a Ninja because he 'knows' the difference between 2-pot and single-pot motors.

Customer 4: Will walk past both the CBR and the Ninja and aim to pick-up a pre-worshiped CBR-600/R6 without papers and squat experience with SBKs.

Needless to say, Customer 1, 2 and 4 will be seen straddling their crotch-rockets wearing floaters and balancing their helmets on the top of their heads.

On topic: It will be interesting to see how this fares against the R15, the ZMR and the Pulsar 220. It looks very promising! Honda India is probably playing darts with the pictures of these bikes as we speak.

Like the prose, mate... well said... Ninja rocks anytime..
Old 21st February 2011, 21:38   #269
BHPian

A shootout review of Ninja 250 vs CBR 250 vs Hyosung Gt 250 by Motorcycle.com . And the winner is .... !

Take a look .

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
This may be slightly OT.

There are four different kinds of customers.

Customer 1: Will pick up the CBR 250R for the purpose of showing-off.

Customer 2: Will pick up the CBR 250R because he cannot afford a Ninja 250R. (might overlap with the above statement as well)

Customer 3: Will walk past the CBR 250R and buy a Ninja because he 'knows' the difference between 2-pot and single-pot motors.

Customer 4: Will walk past both the CBR and the Ninja and aim to pick-up a pre-worshiped CBR-600/R6 without papers and squat experience with SBKs.

Needless to say, Customer 1, 2 and 4 will be seen straddling their crotch-rockets wearing floaters and balancing their helmets on the top of their heads.
Does customer 3 really know the difference or does he think he does especially since he has never ridden the CBR 250R ?

And you forgot to add a

Customer 5 : Who is neither going to buy a ninja nor a CBR anyways but just likes to post his POV along with showcasing his complete understanding of the Indian male psyche along with having a better understanding of the market than both the Kawasaki and Honda multinational companies.

Last edited by -NUT-case : 21st February 2011 at 21:42.
Old 22nd February 2011, 22:26   #270
Senior - BHPian

Also to add every Customer 2 is not a irresponsible rider. Just cause one buys the CBR250 cause he cannot afford the Ninja250 does not make him irresponsible.

Sadly Customer 6: Cannot afford even the CBR250 but longs for something like it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks