Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2011, 12:38   #166
JVH
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda's 250cc Bike : CBR250R!

Just came back after booking the ABS version.

Delivery is expected from Apr 11th onwards. The dealership was not aware of the colour options yet. Formal communication on colours is expected in Feb. I told them the colours mentioned in the website and chose red, blue and white which is available in ABS. They were not sure of the colour but will confirm the details in Feb.
Old 1st January 2011, 13:02   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Just came back after booking the ABS version.

Delivery is expected from Apr 11th onwards. The dealership was not aware of the colour options yet. Formal communication on colours is expected in Feb. I told them the colours mentioned in the website and chose red, blue and white which is available in ABS. They were not sure of the colour but will confirm the details in Feb.

Congrats JVH on booking the bike. you are one lucky guy to have booked it the very first day. An apt New Year gift for yourself.
That reminds me, wish you a very happy new year.

Cheers,
Abhi
Old 1st January 2011, 13:47   #168
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Abhi!

Yup a new year gift. Am watching the other players closely to see if they spring any surprises. 4 months is a good time to wait and watch not only the reviews of CBR but other players as well. And to be frank, I still don't know if I'll end up with this one in April or go for another. Let's wait and watch
Old 1st January 2011, 14:01   #169
Senior - BHPian

Congrats JVH. The CBR seems to be a wonderful package at a rocking price. I am sure it will be an awesome bike. I would have also gone for this one with my eyes closed, but then the Ninja was a 17 year old dream which wanted to fulfill at whatever price so I got that.

The waiting period would be a killer but I am sure it would be worth it.

I am not sure how many reviews you will be able to get before you get the bike as you would be one of the first owners

Last edited by sammyboy : 1st January 2011 at 14:02.
Old 1st January 2011, 14:06   #170
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Samarth!

I hope the waiting will be worth it and its definitely a good package considering the ABS version will be just over 2L on road in Bangalore.

With the reviews I mean outside India, since it'll be the same spec bike.

Last edited by JVH : 1st January 2011 at 14:08.
Old 1st January 2011, 14:31   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Samarth!

I hope the waiting will be worth it and its definitely a good package considering the ABS version will be just over 2L on road in Bangalore.

With the reviews I mean outside India, since it'll be the same spec bike.
Yeah man, the ABS is a brilliant thing for new and old riders both. Really commendable of Honda to provide it on the 250.

Any idea when is it being made available for riders outside India?
Old 1st January 2011, 17:25   #172
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Any idea when is it being made available for riders outside India?
Hmmm, actually you are kind of right!. As of now its only available in Thailand and the world wide launch is around March-April. So, not much reviews :-(

I hope this colour is available. This is the colour i've booked and the dealer doesn't even if it will be available lol!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Honda's 250cc Bike : CBR250R!-cbr250r05.jpg  

Last edited by JVH : 1st January 2011 at 17:31.
Old 1st January 2011, 18:23   #173
Senior - BHPian

Here is the Introduction to the bike.

2011 Honda CBR250R Introduction.mov | Motorcycle Videos - sport rider Magazine
Seems to be good.
Old 1st January 2011, 21:11   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Hmmm, actually you are kind of right!. As of now its only available in Thailand and the world wide launch is around March-April. So, not much reviews :-(

I hope this colour is available. This is the colour i've booked and the dealer doesn't even if it will be available lol!!!
The HRC color combo really should be introduced, maybe even as a differentiator between non-abs and c-abs versions.

But the dealer here in Pune had a official slideshow running which only showed red, black and silver as color options.

Honda really should clarify things here - color options, OTR pricing and official launch/delivery dates!
Old 1st January 2011, 21:21   #175
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid1509 View Post
While we are at it, am confused between black or red; I like the red (sure its a head turner) but can't seem to get over the fact red is more feminine than masculine; advise anyone? I am tilting towards black but not sure if it will get all the eyeballs. Not sure if problem of plenty is a good one to have. No gray for me even if it comes free (yeah right, wait till someone offers one to me for free )
Between red and black, I would chose the red and am not sure if its that feminine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Sid so did they confirm the pricing for the ABS version- meaning how much more over the non ABS?
Its 1.5L for non ABS and 1.8L for C-ABS ex-showroom (+/- 5k) clearly told to me by the dealer. But the confirmation on the pricing and the colours will be in Feb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
The HRC color combo really should be introduced, maybe even as a differentiator between non-abs and c-abs versions.
Yup I wish too and Congrats on your booking!
Old 1st January 2011, 21:51   #176
Senior - BHPian

The Ninja when it came out almost had me sold BUT the high price made me look the other side.

The Honda CBR250R at 1.5 Lacs is almost half the price and I am buying this !! I just filled the enquiry form and got a mail from Honda saying I will get a call from the dealer.

I am depositing the 5000 rupees booking amount as soon as I get a call.

Hope this decision is ok
Old 1st January 2011, 23:15   #177
BHPian

Quote:

Yup I wish too and Congrats on your booking!
Mucho Gracias! and same to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post

The Honda CBR250R at 1.5 Lacs is almost half the price and I am buying this !! I just filled the enquiry form and got a mail from Honda saying I will get a call from the dealer.

I am depositing the 5000 rupees booking amount as soon as I get a call.

Hope this decision is ok
Trust me, you will never get a call. I booked mine on 31st Dec, and the dealer here already had 15 bookings!!! And the attitude!!, he categorically said I might not get my bike in the first lot!

Not at all sure of booking queue transparency. I guess thats Honda India dealers for you. They simply do not give a rats *** about you spending nearly 2 lacs on a bike. If not you, its always someone else.
Old 2nd January 2011, 09:21   #178
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
I just filled the enquiry form and got a mail from Honda saying I will get a call from the dealer.
Sid is right, go to the dealer and book right away! Am not sure why you are expecting a call from them. 2 wheeler sales staff generally have a casual attitude. Even though the CBR is a premium motorcycle, the staff is not yet trained in handling customers professionally.
Old 2nd January 2011, 12:45   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
Trust me, you will never get a call. I booked mine on 31st Dec, and the dealer here already had 15 bookings!!! And the attitude!!, he categorically said I might not get my bike in the first lot!

Not at all sure of booking queue transparency. I guess thats Honda India dealers for you. They simply do not give a rats *** about you spending nearly 2 lacs on a bike. If not you, its always someone else.
Quote:
Sid is right, go to the dealer and book right away! Am not sure why you are expecting a call from them. 2 wheeler sales staff generally have a casual attitude. Even though the CBR is a premium motorcycle, the staff is not yet trained in handling customers professionally.
What you guys perhaps do not know is I stay in Agra and there are hardly any bike enthusiasts here so bookings will be next to none. There is I think only 1 Ninja in our city and 1 Harley Davidson

Unlike your towns where there are hundreds of bikers in Pune & Bangalore.

So yes I do expect a call from the dealer !

And if I do not by tuesday I will then go and book 1 for myself. Thanks for the suggestions

Last edited by vkochar : 2nd January 2011 at 12:46.
Old 4th January 2011, 15:09   #180
BHPian

Honda CBR 250R - Bookings open !!

I had signed up to be notified for the start of booking.
The HMSI dealship guy had called to say that the booking are now open.
There are 2 models :
- non ABS; Ex Showroom - Rs. 1,50,000
- with ABS; Ex Showroom - Rs. 1,80,000

No test rides !
Delivery starts in April.

I would book and go for a test ride and then decide.

Cheers !

Last edited by Abhiranjan : 4th January 2011 at 15:21.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks