Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2011, 21:52   #196
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
re: Honda's 250cc Bike : CBR250R!

I understand that 30K is a big premium for the ABS version and it will put the bike out of many peoples budget. And if one cannot afford the ABS version, there is not much choice but go for the non-ABS version. But what I cannot understand is people find reasons to justify not needing ABS...
Old 11th January 2011, 22:55   #197
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
But what I cannot understand is people find reasons to justify not needing ABS...
We have heard justifications for not wearing helmets. Comparatively ABS is rocket science.
Old 12th January 2011, 00:04   #198
BHPian

@4x4addict a question for you. What do you think about airbags for motorcycles?

BTW found a few modded 250R's already . And the pipe sounds much better !
Check it out

Termignoni exhaust

Remus exhaust

Bizumo exhaust and other mods

and here is a forum exclusively meant for the CBR250R

http://www.cbr250.org/forums/forum.php

Last edited by -NUT-case : 12th January 2011 at 00:21.
Old 12th January 2011, 01:38   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case View Post
Come on man, if ABS can contain any skids and spills on the road then it is better if at all it does what it is supposed to do. Then I won't mind spending 30K for that especially where people dart across and brake w/o warning. There could be people buying bikes purely for this reason, who knows. I know so many people who do not allow their kids to ride bikes due to what they fear as a risk. ABS on bikes would be a leap forward IMO.
Old 12th January 2011, 02:11   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That isnt too far either

Honda already provide Airbag on its Touring Bikes back in 2006

Honda's 250cc Bike : CBR250R!-bnrl_top.jpg

For Image Source & more Details check out - Honda Motorcycle Airbag

Also there have been other innovations which work on similar principle e.g this Airbag suite

Old 12th January 2011, 07:44   #201
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Another video of its firing.
Oh Dear, does it really sound like this, like a TVS50

You people are making it feel as though people are buying a ticket to heaven if they don't go for ABS, cut the crap guys. I know it's a safety feature but remember it is not a must which is why they have a model without ABS. And it's a trade off really money vs features.
In an emergency it will help(but nothing is guaranteed), it's not magic and will not protect you if you are not careful.

Last edited by Dippy : 12th January 2011 at 11:44. Reason: Back to back posts
Old 12th January 2011, 09:56   #202
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
You people are making it feel as though people are buying a ticket to heaven if they don't go for ABS, cut the crap guys. I know it's a safety feature but remember it is not a must which is why they have a model without ABS. And it's a trade off really money vs features.
In an emergency it will help(but nothing is guaranteed), it's not magic and will not protect you if you are not careful.
Agree. VFRs have had ABS option from close to a decade. But, they sell more non-ABS version than the ABS ones. I spent the money I would have spent on an ABS model on gear. In my opinion, good safety gear (helmet, gloves, boots, and a full suit with armor) should have higher priority than an ABS.
Old 12th January 2011, 10:04   #203
JVH
Senior - BHPian

@Zaks, If I understand correctly, your only grouse is that 30K is expensive for an ABS, right?...though its a useful feature?

What according to you is a good price for an ABS equipped Honda?
Old 12th January 2011, 11:38   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
Totally disagree!! The R15 is a baby R1 and like its bigger brother promises brilliant dynamics which most bigger bikes cant match. The CBR was launched at the Bira circuit at Thailand and the R15 would literally beat the CBR as far as track is concerned( i can vouch for that cause i was there for the launch and the track session). But yes it will eat majorly into the R15's sales since most of the buying public would rather buy these bikes for show rather than how they really go. And the CBR is definitely much more bike to own than an R15.
Well, I'll disagree. Not entirely though. Sure it has brilliant dynamics. With some experience at cornering I can say that while I have to corner a 220, the R15 corners by itself and makes me feel like a pro though I know am far from one. But what it lacks is outright power. With dynamics like that it can really do with more horses. So it may be a scaled down version of R1 in handling department but it leaves a lot to be desired for in other areas.

The point is AFAIK R15 and CBR are quite different in character. I could had easily bought a R15. I understand it is a brilliant track tool and all that but how many of us have a race track at our disposal?? R15 has always appealed to my heart but it did not appealed to my head and that was the sole reason for me to purchase a 220 instead.

So it is the show off part, this is where I disagree a bit more. I understand many wannabes still believe in showing off but most of us have a particular need. Some go for fuel efficiency, some want comfort and some need a track tool like R15 and others may want outright power. This is where the CBR is different. It should in all probability cater to an all new segment where people want a comfortable bike but do not want a ZMR/ZMA.

It might be jumping the gun but by the looks of it the CBR should displace the ZMA/ZMR as the ultimate indian touring bike.

CBR should be a perfect tourer given the smoothness and refinement of honda engines and the fact that the riding position of the CBR does not seem as track oriented as the R15.

Now if I plan to upgrade in a year 's time it will again be CBR and not a R15. Only because I use my bike for touring and in city. To be honest I've never been to a race track and there is no hope either. This really might be the case unless Yamaha dishes out a 20-25 bhp variant for street with a riding position more comfortable for long rides and a better set of headlamps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
yes it might affect the Kwackers sales too, but i really dont think the same kind of people would look at these two bikes. The baby kwacker is double the cylinders, double the price and if not doubly quick, it is substantially quicker. For someone who can buy a CBR at 1.5 lakh, 3 lakh is too far a budget to stretch and similarly for someone who can buy the kwacker, the CBR is definitely a size smaller and again a cylinder lesser.

+1. Couldn't had said it better.

Can anyone please post the performance figures of this bike (international version)?? I looked a fair bit but it is really tough to dig it out of a big thread like this.

Regards.

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 12th January 2011 at 11:47.
Old 12th January 2011, 12:44   #205
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
@Zaks, If I understand correctly, your only grouse is that 30K is expensive for an ABS, right?...though its a useful feature?

What according to you is a good price for an ABS equipped Honda?
Yes, compared to the cost of the bike. It could very well be the right price since I don't think Honda is cheating here, but also, it makes the bike have impressive specs-good for marketing. But is it really needed, maybe not for 250CC and Rs.30,000 is a lot of dough for me.
Old 12th January 2011, 13:56   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
ABS on bikes would be a leap forward IMO.
Yes i agree to that. But if it is such a leap forward ,why are the manufacturers not giving them as standard equipment especially when it can potentially save lives. Is it maybe because it will eat into their profit? / Too costly to implement ? or maybe they want to milk as much profit as they can out of this newer technology before putting in R&D to make it cheaper.

On a different note how many bikes had disc brakes a few years back. Now it has become common place because it has become part of the standard package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
That isnt too far either

Honda already provide Airbag on its Touring Bikes back in 2006
But this is in the hyper-premium segment /cutting edge. So if a company offers it at a 1 Lakh premium on a 1.5 lakh bike, would people still call you stupid for not opting for it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
Oh Dear, does it really sound like this, like a TVS50

"And it's a trade off really money vs features."
TVS50 ? Cmon arnt you being a little harsh here especially since you havnt heard it in person.

Anyway which of the 4strokes below 300cc in india have a really nice rumble to it. Oh for the sound of 2 strokes SIGH!

"Originally Posted by balenopower
Totally disagree!! The R15 is a baby R1 and like its bigger brother promises brilliant dynamics which most bigger bikes cant match. The CBR was launched at the Bira circuit at Thailand and the R15 would literally beat the CBR as far as track is concerned( i can vouch for that cause i was there for the launch and the track session). But yes it will eat majorly into the R15's sales since most of the buying public would rather buy these bikes for show rather than how they really go. And the CBR is definitely much more bike to own than an R15."

What is the point of a "race track" bike for daily use. As far as R15 beating a CBR250 on track, lets wait and do a track shootout before deciding on that.

The "buying public" would definitely like to "show off" on their good looking 250cc bikes costing nearly 2 L , which they will be using on public roads as opposed to racing on tracks once or twice a year or they would rather buy a 80-100cc scooterett which is more than enough to ride around in the city .

Last edited by -NUT-case : 12th January 2011 at 14:09.
Old 12th January 2011, 15:39   #207
BHPian

heard the naked version is also in the pipeline
can anybody put some light on this
Old 12th January 2011, 15:50   #208
BHPian

Delivery is expected from Apr 11th onwards. The dealership was not aware of the colour options yet. Formal communication on colours is expected in Feb. I told them the colours mentioned in the website and chose red, blue and white which is available in ABS. They were not sure of the colour but will confirm the details in Feb.[/quote]

its the same always with all the Honda dealers
they are not aware of what's happening in their company
if you inform them of any updates on their products they always draw a blank stare saying that they are not aware of anything
which makes me think, if honda's not updating their dealers
they could be well off selling their products online
Old 12th January 2011, 17:11   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW found a few modded 250R's already . And the pipe sounds much better !
Check it out

Termignoni exhaust

Remus exhaust

Bizumo exhaust and other mods

and here is a forum exclusively meant for the CBR250R

Honda cbr250r Forums
i love the exhaust note of the Remus! music to ears
Old 12th January 2011, 20:38   #210
Senior - BHPian

Of the lot the Remus sounds the best.

Unable to find pricing for this model. The CBR125 Remus retails for about $495. <WOW>

I'd rather spend that on the ABS version

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks