Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2013, 12:46   #1006
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
I read it on the internet that New jetta is not MQB.
Jetta is not based on MQB platform. It uses the older PQ35 platform. Other cars which use PQ35 Platform are Skoda Octavia II(Laura in India), Skoda Yeti and Audi Q3.

Most future VAG group releases ranging from Pint sized Polo to XL sized Superb will use the common MQB platform.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2013, 17:15   #1007
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paras211 View Post
Another mishap took place

Where do the bombay Jettas go for servicing , I am dreading to go there again .
The only workshop that has kept up to standard of bhpians is VW Downtown Lalbaug. They take time to finish work would its always the best compared to other workshops, VW Thane & Navi Mumbai. Given VW Downtown a try you shouldn't be disappointed.

Address: Bombay Gas Compound, Lalbaug, Mumbai - 400 012.
022 - 6654 4444.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2013, 19:21   #1008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061
The only workshop that has kept up to standard of bhpians is VW Downtown Lalbaug. They take time to finish work would its always the best compared to other workshops, VW Thane & Navi Mumbai. Given VW Downtown a try you shouldn't be disappointed.

Address: Bombay Gas Compound, Lalbaug, Mumbai - 400 012.
022 - 6654 4444.
Thank you. Next service at lalbaug
Old 25th October 2013, 21:46   #1009
BHPian

According to the Dealers in Hyderabad,

The word on the New Jetta is out and official, the release will not have a media event and will be released very soon in around 15days.

New Features -

Projector Lamps
Led DRL's
Automatic Climate control
New Alloy design in Trendline and Comfortline, Highline has the old Navarra design

This has been confirmed by almost all the dealers. The dealer said the demo cars will arrive around novemeber 2week. Only VW Deccan has the old jetta right now. Only 2 Jetta's AT left in the entire city (Again confirmed by all the dealers).

Exciting!!!
Amarendranath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th October 2013, 02:05   #1010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
According to the Dealers in Hyderabad,

The word on the New Jetta is out and official, the release will not have a media event and will be released very soon in around 15days.

New Features -

Projector Lamps
Led DRL's
Automatic Climate control
New Alloy design in Trendline and Comfortline, Highline has the old Navarra design

This has been confirmed by almost all the dealers. The dealer said the demo cars will arrive around novemeber 2week. Only VW Deccan has the old jetta right now. Only 2 Jetta's AT left in the entire city (Again confirmed by all the dealers).

Exciting!!!
Amaren

this is very tough to be believed.

If Someone is trying to play with you or fooling you, even the US new version i have not seen the Projector head lamps and LED DRL and any announcement on these. Just reconfirm bcos the guy in bangalore says nothing aware off.
Old 26th October 2013, 02:12   #1011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk View Post
I totally agree with kdeepakk! I am in US these days and here also, I haven't seen any update on Jetta and neither the 2014 Jetta has the features listed here. All I could find that matches what you have mentioned is this but then its not there on the VW official site.
Old 26th October 2013, 08:45   #1012
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Amaren

If Someone is trying to play with you or fooling you, even the US new version i have not seen the Projector head lamps and LED DRL and any announcement on these. Just reconfirm bcos the guy in bangalore says nothing aware off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by das_treiber View Post
I totally agree with kdeepakk! I am in US these days and here also, I haven't seen any update on Jetta and neither the 2014 Jetta has the features listed here. All I could find that matches what you have mentioned is this but then its not there on the VW official site.
Check the Jetta Hybrid and the GLI. Both come with projector lights with LED DRL's.

That's probably what they will bring in.

And these features are pretty much a must to survive against the Octavia.
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th October 2013, 17:54   #1013
BHPian

Quote:
Amaren

I dont think so, no fooling around. Confirmed news. Moreover i found this link

http://www.motoroids.com/news/volksw...around-corner/

And i got a call again today. The price was to be announced today. But VW didnt, it seems the leftover stock will be pushed till december and car would be launced in January. Discounts for the month of Novemeber will be heavy.
Amarendranath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2013, 17:58   #1014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_treiber View Post

There are projectors available on some GLI versions i guess in the US. Also like vid said im posting the link to Jetta hybrid. Take a look.

Old 26th October 2013, 19:23   #1015
BHPian

Oh !! I am very much pleased and relieved to hear the jetta facelift coming . Was shying away from this car due to lack of Xenons . Glad VW is coming with a better model . I hope they provide rear parking camera and true keyless entry with the car . Also VW please dont provide us useless features such as panoramic sunroof and also please dont change the suspension setup to a cheaper one !! . If u get a car with all the above mentioned goodies and even at a slightly higher price than the octavia u have urself a customer !!!!
Old 26th October 2013, 20:20   #1016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Check the Jetta Hybrid and the GLI. Both come with projector lights with LED DRL's.
GLI is what I quoted in my comment but was not able to find similar looking model on the VW.com until I went back and had a look at the Hybrid.

If this is what we would be getting in India, nothing could beat that! Absence ACC and the projector headlamps were the only thing I found as the missing "must haves" from Jetta. Yet, I had gone ahead and booked a Jetta since I anyways loved the car. And then I had to move to the US for a year and cancel my booking. It now seems like a blessing in disguise! And I am pretty sure, new Jetta would be out by the time I return!!

Just one thing though, Jetta was/is anyways overpriced for the specs it has. Where will this upgrade take the price to?
Old 26th October 2013, 20:37   #1017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's View Post
Oh !! I am very much pleased and relieved to hear the jetta facelift coming . Was shying away from this car due to lack of Xenons . Glad VW is coming with a better model . I hope they provide rear parking camera and true keyless entry with the car . Also VW please dont provide us useless features such as panoramic sunroof and also please dont change the suspension setup to a cheaper one !! . If u get a car with all the above mentioned goodies and even at a slightly higher price than the octavia u have urself a customer !!!!
I don't think key-less entry or push start will make it on the new model. And somewhere i have a fear that the price will go up, more than the new Octavia. The SE said the car may come with leather seats and other add-ons(skeptical). If we look at the current pricing of both the brands it may be positioned higher.

Let us hope that things turn out better.
Old 26th October 2013, 20:40   #1018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath
I don't think key-less entry or push start will make it on the new model. And somewhere i have a fear that the price will go up, more than the new Octavia. The SE said the car may come with leather seats and other add-ons(skeptical). If we look at the current pricing of both the brands it may be positioned higher. Let us hope that things turn out better.
If i am not wrong the current Jetta is priced around 18 lk ( ex-showroom ) . So VW cant raise the price of the car by 2 lakhs for a facelift. I assume they would stick close to the current price tag . I would personally be happy if i get keyless entry . Come on VW even the Hyundai Grand i10 has it !! .
Old 27th October 2013, 15:53   #1019
BHPian

The on road price in chennai is around 22.63 lakhs for the new Jetta highline 2.0 dsg. The salesman says that the price has been dropped. It was around 22.90 earlier. Wish the car atleast came with the updated engine and gearbox in the same tune as the Octavia . But he confirmed that its still the same old one.

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-image140288128.jpg
me_navin is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th October 2013, 20:27   #1020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_navin View Post
The on road price in chennai is around 22.63 lakhs for the new Jetta highline 2.0 dsg. The salesman says that the price has been dropped. It was around 22.90 earlier. Wish the car atleast came with the updated engine and gearbox in the same tune as the Octavia . But he confirmed that its still the same old one.

Attachment 1158465

Yes, i got the same confirmation today, but could not digest the same. It looks like there is no price increase. New Jetta is mor value for money than its skoda sibling. Do you have any information on the release date ?
Amarendranath is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks