Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2012, 17:56   #256
BHPian

Re: Toyota Liva Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
The Etios and the Liva would receive minor changes on the interior to spruce it up further after the feedback received.

The updates are expected to go into production in the second half of August 2012. Will try and extract more information on the changes.
Hi nkrishnap, any scoop on this ? We got one update that the engine plant is being inaugurated, I wonder if there is a price cut and update in the offing.
Old 16th August 2012, 23:27   #257
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic

Hi nkrishnap, any scoop on this ? We got one update that the engine plant is being inaugurated, I wonder if there is a price cut and update in the offing.
Knowing toyota dont expect any price cuts. Except only their payback period to reduce and generate more cash. All this localization thing will not benefit the end customer unless the localization content before releasong the product into the market
Old 17th August 2012, 14:52   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
We got one update that the engine plant is being inaugurated, I wonder if there is a price cut and update in the offing.
On price cut, hope you have seen this...
Quote:
Japanese car maker Toyota today said it will increase the prices of its entire range of cars in India by around 1.5% with effect from September 1 to partly offset losses due to the rupee depreciation.
Source: Toyota Kirloskar to hike prices by 1.5% from Sept
Old 17th August 2012, 15:00   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantKarma View Post
On price cut, hope you have seen this...

Source: Toyota Kirloskar to hike prices by 1.5% from Sept
Yeah,I saw it in the morning today. So much for hoping about a price cut.

On the other hand, I hope the interior is made inline with the Brazilian Etios which gets adjustable head rests - front and rear.
Old 18th August 2012, 11:22   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
As per my short experience in the Liva, I would say you are much better off with the Swift. The latter offers much better interiors & build.

As for the tyre upsize, I am not sure about the technical limitations but as far as warranty goes, any manufacturer would ideally void the warranty if any changes are made to the specifications. So, you could surely go in for a 14 inch alloy but not with a 15 incher.
Topsel Toyota (the Toyota people in Kolkata) says even going in with a R14 alloy would void the warranty on the car. I was seriously considering changing to alloy wheels after I get the delivery of my Liva D (hopefully next week). After their word of caution, I am not too sure now. Can someone please enlighten on this warranty thing? Is this the Toyota rule or just a conjecture from their authorized people in Kolkata?
Old 1st September 2012, 08:38   #261
BHPian

Just saw the "New & Upgraded Etios Liva" with light brown/ beige colored interiors & beige seats as well at a Toyota Workshop here, in Ludhiana. The top of the dash is still Black/grey, rest is beige colored .

According to the Toyota personnel, this has been done by the company keeping in mind the various complaints , Toyota received, regarding the drabby interiors of the Etios.

What Toyota failed to realise here is that people dont have a problem with the color of the interior but its with the poor perceived quality of the interior plastics as well as the severe cost cutting done by Toyota.
Old 13th September 2012, 17:07   #262
BHPian

I absolutely have no issues with the car. It's a bliss to drive both in the city and on the highways! But, there's a problem with the suspension! When i hit a pothole at 25-30kmph, there's a LOUD THUD as if the under body was hit by a rock or something! I later found out that it's the recoil of the spring that caused it!
Who else faced this problem?
Old 15th September 2012, 22:01   #263
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
I absolutely have no issues with the car. It's a bliss to drive both in the city and on the highways! But, there's a problem with the suspension! When i hit a pothole at 25-30kmph, there's a LOUD THUD as if the under body was hit by a rock or something! I later found out that it's the recoil of the spring that caused it!
Who else faced this problem?
This is a normal problem. I face something similar, and so does TSK and a few others.
Old 15th September 2012, 23:24   #264
BHPian

I somehow don't like beige interiors in cars. Would still prefer the black/grey interior. I hope they'll continue with the black/grey version too for boring people like us.
Well, I am not not a plastic expert, so can't really comment on the perceived poor quality that people are talking about.
But one thing I've found out. I actually can open up the entire dashboard in Liva, it's as simple as opening your mobile phone case to remove the battery. Putting the dashboard back is again very simple.
Now, if a third party vendor starts making these attachment parts, it will be easy to change the color of your dashboard anytime you want. Wouldn't take more than 10 minutes to remove all dashboard components and replacing the setup with a new set. People might even think of changing dashboards every day, or at different times of the day, as some people do with their cellphone casings.
subratasenn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2012, 03:22   #265
BHPian

A weird idea but nice to hear! Basing on mood one can change the dashboard.
Old 16th September 2012, 19:16   #266
BHPian

Changing the color is not needed! Instead they must change the whole dashboard layout! Why not like the Innova's dash and instrument console?
Old 15th October 2012, 17:02   #267
BHPian

Just wanted to report on my first highway drives in Toyota Liva GD bought end November 2011.

I went to Shimla on 15th September drving alone. This was my first highway drive. Roads were great almost throughout, except several diversions around Karnal. It poured briefly before Karnal so many diversions were water-logged. The car was thoroughly dirty when I reached Shimla. I was driving mostly on 90-100 kmph till Zirakpur and on 40-50 kmph on the hill roads beyond. I started at 7.30 and reached at 5 in the evening with around 4 breaks for T, P, & S (smoke) and one longish break for lunch.

I was driving faster on my return (on 30th Sept.) and the car was quite planted and stable at 120 kmph. I never went beyond that. Overtaking was not a problem for me withing these speeds. On this journey I had a young JNU student as companion who was also traveling to Delhi.

The very next day I was off to another trip to Nainital and Mukteshwar, this time well-loaded (4 adults and luggage). While the hill driving on Shimla trip was mostly on 3rd gear and occasionally on 2nd, while climbing up Nainital and especially Mukteshwar a lot more of driving on 2nd gear and a couple of times on 1st gear.

We went to Nainital via Rampur, Rudrapur, Haldwani. Lot of road widening and flyover construction going on near Rampur. That was okay. The roads from Rampur to Rudrapur were terrible - broken in a bad way. We returned via Kaladungi, Ramnagar, Moradabad. This was better even though there were many bad patches especially between Ramnagar and Moradabad.

Most challenging part of driving for me was on return journey from Gajraula to Delhi (90 km) at night. The same stretch early morning on the way out had been a breeze. But at this time of evening/night (8pm to 10 pm) traffic was heavy, it was more difficult to spot dividers in dark and there were several vehicles moving without tail lights and also met up with several stopped trucks and a couple of post-accident scenarios. As one approaches Delhi the traffic gets chaotic. What a difference it was to drive on NH1!

The car was trouble-free throughout and handled the hill roads satisfactoriy. I am glad my first highway trips were without any major glitch.
Old 16th October 2012, 10:08   #268
BHPian

Great Jhaji. My August 2012 Liva is yet to be taken out on highways. It's just about 2500 km old now.
However, I can "feel" that the car would be nicely planted on highways as it is in city. Planning to take her out sometime in November.
Just a small niggle. After I had put in the two-DIN music system (Pioneer, not the Toyota one), there is a minor rattle in the dashboard from around the ICE area. Opening up the dashboard and tightening the nuts helps, but only for about a few hundred kms, after which the rattle comes back. A very minor rattle mind you, but it's bothering me. Toyota people checked and corrected the rattle during the first free service but again it is back.
Does anyone of you face similar kind of a problem? Any remedy?
Old 16th October 2012, 10:22   #269
BHPian

Hi Subratasen, I have been following your accounts of buying and driving Liva with interest. No, I have not had a rattle problem, even though I too fitted my music system from outside (Aman auto delhi). Do you get the rattle sound when the music is on, or do you get it even when the system is off? Maybe you should ask the guys who fitted your system to re-look at the fittings.
Old 16th October 2012, 12:23   #270
BHPian

@Jhaji, I get the rattle even when the music system if off. It's hardly a rattle (more of a vibration kind of thing inside), but something is getting loose somewhere for sure. The people who fixed the system had corrected it twice, but after a few hundred kilometers it came back. Last time I asked the Toyota service guys to fix it, with the same result.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks