Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2013, 12:00   #376
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Liva Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Suspension/ride can be significantly affected by tyre pressures. Toyota recommends 32 all around, I found a better riding car with 28-29 all around instead, for 2 pax and no luggage. Less jittery in the city. For highways, going back to 32 might well work better.
Old 18th June 2013, 12:19   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Suspension/ride can be significantly affected by tyre pressures. Toyota recommends 32 all around, I found a better riding car with 28-29 all around instead, for 2 pax and no luggage. Less jittery in the city. For highways, going back to 32 might well work better.
Agreed. I am maintaining 31 in the front and 29 in the rear with 2 people on board.
Old 18th June 2013, 12:51   #378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups View Post
Agreed. I am maintaining 31 in the front and 29 in the rear with 2 people on board.
Right - sounds correct for the heavier diesel engine.
Old 19th June 2013, 11:29   #379
BHPian

32 front, 30 rear works best for me in my diesel Liva
Old 8th August 2013, 20:44   #380
BANNED

Hi all is Trd sportivo available in diesel ? If yes what is the price .
Old 14th August 2013, 00:10   #381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
From Swift on, the maintenance cost shot up ( almost double, I would say ).

After owning a Toyota for 40,000 km and knowing 2 people who has covered 1 lakh plus kms, I can say with certainty that a Toyota is cheaper to maintain than a Maruti by 40 to 50%.
Not to belittle the raw facts presented before us at present, but I am skeptical if Toyota (and for that matter, anybody) could go the Maruti way in the future, getting greedy?

Or won't they? Any idea what is the international scene like? On the service front? Or are people not bothered much about service costs much outside our part of the world?

Apart (this is why I am replying on this thread), what is the normal Liva service charges and interval like? Please excuse me for not searching through your thread. Nissan Micra diesel is having 6 monthly service, which costs 7.7k (with WA/WB) for the first year in total. And I've heard that the petrol Micra costs 1.7k for a service (have to cross check my memory though. EDIT: Checked and corrected the figure from this post). I would have definitely persuaded dad to buy the Liva for its steering, ride quality and engine NVH, over the Micra, but (a huge one at that) for the plain interiors and cost cutting measures.

Last edited by thoma : 14th August 2013 at 00:16. Reason: EDIT note inline the post
Old 15th August 2013, 11:04   #382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Not to belittle the raw facts presented before us at present, but I am skeptical if Toyota (and for that matter, anybody) could go the Maruti way in the future, getting greedy?
If they go, they loose their advantage. That's all. But, with regards to Toyota, their history always suggests otherwise. And, the thing that's so good about them is the durability of the parts that they use. And that's not going to change atleast for the existing models.

Quote:
Any idea what is the international scene like? On the service front? Or are people not bothered much about service costs much outside our part of the world?
Toyotas are the cheapest to maintain all over the world. That's one of the main reasons why they sell in such huge numbers and have good resale value. It's very safe to buy a Toyota which has run 1 Lakh plus kms.

Quote:
Apart (this is why I am replying on this thread), what is the normal Liva service charges and interval like? Please excuse me for not searching through your thread. Nissan Micra diesel is having 6 monthly service, which costs 7.7k (with WA/WB) for the first year in total. And I've heard that the petrol Micra costs 1.7k for a service (have to cross check my memory though. EDIT: Checked and corrected the figure from this post). I would have definitely persuaded dad to buy the Liva for its steering, ride quality and engine NVH, over the Micra, but (a huge one at that) for the plain interiors and cost cutting measures.
Etios/Liva service interval is 10,000 kms / 1 year
Cost would be in the range of 2,500 to 3,500 per service ( unless you replace the brake pads in which case you would have to add an additional 2,300 or so )
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2013, 13:09   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Apart (this is why I am replying on this thread), what is the normal Liva service charges and interval like? Please excuse me for not searching through your thread. Nissan Micra diesel is having 6 monthly service, which costs 7.7k (with WA/WB) for the first year in total.
For my diesel liva, I had paid Rs. 3200/- for toyota smile package which is valid for free servicing for one year and 20K km. During the 7th month at 10K service, I did not pay anything due to smile package. The service included WA/WB and a free pickup and drop from my home. If I cover 20K km in one year, it means my 20K service will also be free as a part of smiles package. Note that these are all with toyota recommended mineral oil.

The service cost is cheaper than my outgoing getz petrol.

Last edited by sups : 18th August 2013 at 13:19.
sups is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2013, 15:49   #384
BHPian

Hi,

Anyone here who recently bought the Liva D? Visited the nearest showroom and was told the topmost variant is GD (SP) - (MK) -- no idea what the suffix meant. The variant seems to be different than the one in the review here.

Anyways, found that the headrests are detachable/ height adjustable. Also the interiors had a 2-tone scheme. No audio-controls on the steering wheel, nor bluetooth/ Aux-in for the stock audio. No tachometer yet. The driver seat is now height adjustable. No fog lamps. OVRM is still manually controlled (this was touted as an advantage since replacing the set cost only 1K). No alloy wheels (plati available for 25K).

Also, anyone from Bangalore who got a chance to extract some discount from these chaps?

Any inputs appreciated.

P.S.: Needless to say Liva D is a top contender as our next car and hence the queries..

Last edited by vinjosep : 2nd September 2013 at 15:54.
Old 2nd September 2013, 15:57   #385
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
Hi,

Anyone here who recently bought the Liva D? Visited the nearest showroom and was told the topmost variant is GD (SP) - (MK) -- no idea what the suffix meant. The variant seems to be different than the one in the review here.

Anyways, found that the headrests are detachable/ height adjustable. Also the interiors had a 2-tone scheme. No audio-controls on the steering wheel, nor bluetooth/ Aux-in for the audio player. No tachometer either. The driver seat is now height adjustable. No fog lamps. OVRM is still manually controlled (this was touted as an advantage since replacing the set cost only 1K).
The Liva was facelifted a few months back. Our review is of the original Liva when launched. More details can be found in this thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3062288
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2013, 18:38   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The Liva was facelifted a few months back. Our review is of the original Liva when launched. More details can be found in this thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3062288
Hi Vidyut,

Thank you. However the details given therein are again of the petrol version top end version. The GD (SP) still has quite a few goodies missing...
Old 2nd September 2013, 21:38   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
Hi Vidyut,

Thank you. However the details given therein are again of the petrol version top end version. The GD (SP) still has quite a few goodies missing...
That is because of Toyota's ridiculous decision not to offer the 'V' variant available on the 1.2 Petrol on the diesel. Absolutely pathetic on their part, not sure what they were thinking when they made that decision. It pretty much rules out any private buyer interested in basic safety features like a rear wiper/defogger.

Probably they only want taxi drivers to buy, it in which case they have succeeded spectacularly. A pity, really, since a fully loaded diesel variant (rear washer/defogger, 15 inch wheels, sporty steering, bluetooth stereo system, tachometer) would tick most of the boxes on the checklist of private buyer interested in a spacious, fuel-efficient, easy to drive hatch with the legendary Toyota reliability. If someone is really hell-bent on buying a car with those features they have to shell out 2 lakhs more to get the Etios Vd and lug around a boot that they may not need.

Another ridiculous thing is that their sporty 1.5 TRD edition lacks the 'sporty' steering wheel found on the 1.2!

Last edited by chncar : 2nd September 2013 at 21:46.
chncar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2013, 12:26   #388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
That is because of Toyota's ridiculous decision not to offer the 'V' variant available on the 1.2 Petrol on the diesel. Absolutely pathetic on their part, not sure what they were thinking when they made that decision. It pretty much rules out any private buyer interested in basic safety features like a rear wiper/defogger.

Probably they only want taxi drivers to buy, it in which case they have succeeded spectacularly. A pity, really, since a fully loaded diesel variant (rear washer/defogger, 15 inch wheels, sporty steering, bluetooth stereo system, tachometer) would tick most of the boxes on the checklist of private buyer interested in a spacious, fuel-efficient, easy to drive hatch with the legendary Toyota reliability. If someone is really hell-bent on buying a car with those features they have to shell out 2 lakhs more to get the Etios Vd and lug around a boot that they may not need.

Another ridiculous thing is that their sporty 1.5 TRD edition lacks the 'sporty' steering wheel found on the 1.2!
Spot on. Only God knows what made them eliminate the Liva VD option! Defogger/rear wipers would have been a great addition for the Liva.
Old 15th September 2013, 17:33   #389
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Liva : Test Drive & Review

I am planning to book a (Diesel) Liva GD / Punto Dynamic. Not sure which one I should go with. Both are coming out to be very close in terms of on road price.

I generally keep my cars for 10 years approx. This will be a replacement of aging Indica DLS 2003 model which has crossed 1.10 Lac km last month.

Suggestions please

Last edited by i74js : 15th September 2013 at 17:55.
Old 15th September 2013, 18:23   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
I am looking at replacement of my 2003 Indica DLS and am close to finalizing one the two diesels Liva GD / Punto Dynamic.

I generally keep my cars for about a decade with moderate running. Though petrol motors can serve me too as there is no heavy running, I love the torque of diesel motors and thus have always bought diesels.

Between the two cars, which one I should go with, as in terms of on road price, both are almost same.
In my humble opinion, Punto Dynamic is most valued for your money especially considering its build quality, safety features and overall fun to drive factor too. Moreover, fiat is offering heavy discounts these days. So, if you bargain good enough you can steal the deal. And one more thing, buy the insurance from outside as it would save at least 10k. All the Best.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks